ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #52021
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer
 
mendoteach's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Mendocino, NorCal
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
What brake hose are you guys running with your CRF450 forks? The CRF450R hose that I have seems way too short.
I picked mine up from Motostrano. It's a Galfer. They are a big supermo shop down the road from Steve. You need. Longer one as the stock 450 line is designed to simply cross the number plate.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #52022
ONandOFF
-ROAD-
 
ONandOFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley riding wonderland
Oddometer: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
49'ers Baby

Super Bowl here we come
Ha! Saw that game and thought of you...
__________________
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #52023
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 7,679
CycleWizard: Motor's Ready.
beechum1:


Hone cylinder and whisker brush bore.

Cylinder head 5 angle valve seat work
Cut new faces on existing valves
New viton valve seals
New seals and gaskets o-rings bolts
New shifter shaft
New idler gear and bearing
New HRC hardweld cam #468 grind
New hardweld rockers
New CW clutch springs
New dowel pins
Under cut gears
NX 2nd gear
Head milling
Kicker install
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #52024
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer
 
mendoteach's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Mendocino, NorCal
Oddometer: 1,427
I'm using an '08 CRF master cylinder. It has neat ball and socket mechanism for the lever piston interface rather than a small bolt and pin. It's like butta! That and a CRF stuff front oversize disc and it finally has enough brake.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #52025
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer
 
mendoteach's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Mendocino, NorCal
Oddometer: 1,427
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
CycleWizard: Motor's Ready.
beechum1:


Hone cylinder and whisker brush bore.

Cylinder head 5 angle valve seat work
Cut new faces on existing valves
New viton valve seals
New seals and gaskets o-rings bolts
New shifter shaft
New idler gear and bearing
New HRC hardweld cam #468 grind
New hardweld rockers
New CW clutch springs
New dowel pins
Under cut gears
NX 2nd gear
Head milling
Kicker install

Better than when you ride it and it changes to poop. Mine will pull the wheel up at 50. And I'm putting on a bigger carb.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #52026
ONandOFF
-ROAD-
 
ONandOFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley riding wonderland
Oddometer: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
...Heck, a .243 was just about right. ...
A better way to phrase it would be a .243 is perfect :-)
Got my load dialed in and grouping quarters at 200yds.
: thumb
__________________
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #52027
ONandOFF
-ROAD-
 
ONandOFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley riding wonderland
Oddometer: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
CycleWizard: Motor's Ready.
beechum1:


Hone cylinder and whisker brush bore.

Cylinder head 5 angle valve seat work
Cut new faces on existing valves
New viton valve seals
New seals and gaskets o-rings bolts
New shifter shaft
New idler gear and bearing
New HRC hardweld cam #468 grind
New hardweld rockers
New CW clutch springs
New dowel pins
Under cut gears
NX 2nd gear
Head milling
Kicker install
Appropriate reaction, Jeremy! Anxious to hear how it works. : thumb
__________________
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #52028
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider
 
Mossy-Back's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Oddometer: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
A better way to phrase it would be a .243 is perfect :-)
Got my load dialed in and grouping quarters at 200yds.
: thumb
I still prefer my good ol' 30-06. Versatility at its best!
__________________
Evan
2013 Husqvarna Strada
'93 XR650L (Gone, but missed)
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #52029
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 7,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
Better than when you ride it and it changes to poop. Mine will pull the wheel up at 50. And I'm putting on a bigger carb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Appropriate reaction, Jeremy! Anxious to hear how it works. : thumb
I stilll have the JE 102 in there. I didn't go for the BTW motor. BUT... I can't friggin wait. I have a bunch of wiring and parts to buy and install before I can flog it to hell.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #52030
ShooterDave
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Caliscrewitself
Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Could you crank out some .358 norma mags for me? 225gr boat tails please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
I will get right on it. Nosler or Barnes?
WTH are shooting at in Texas with a freakin .358 Mag?! That's a lot of kaboom for any Texas critters!
A .270 was as much gun as I ever used when I lived in San Antonio. Heck, a .243 was just about right. Several south Texas whitetails and hogs fell victim to a .243 inch "intervention"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
A better way to phrase it would be a .243 is perfect :-)
Got my load dialed in and grouping quarters at 200yds.
: thumb
Wait a minute here. Are you cranking out ammo for people ThumpnRed? If so I might want to get in on this. My longest reaching at the moment is a .223, but hopefully soon I'll have something bigger.
__________________
My Lower 48+ ride on my XR650L - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565350

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #52031
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler
 
ThumpnRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Eye Duh Hoe
Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
Wait a minute here. Are you cranking out ammo for people ThumpnRed? If so I might want to get in on this. My longest reaching at the moment is a .223, but hopefully soon I'll have something bigger.
Fritz saw the press bolted to the bench in the picture and started wishful thinking
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike :With plastic buy two.
'93 XR650L A few stock parts left...
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #52032
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler
 
ThumpnRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Eye Duh Hoe
Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
I still prefer my good ol' 30-06. Versatility at its best!
I got one of them in the safe. It was my first big bang stick. I guess it's close to 40 years old now . My 22-250 is probably my favorite right now. That little sucker will flat f&^$ up a desert dog's day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike :With plastic buy two.
'93 XR650L A few stock parts left...
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #52033
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler
 
ThumpnRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Eye Duh Hoe
Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
A better way to phrase it would be a .243 is perfect :-)
Got my load dialed in and grouping quarters at 200yds.
: thumb
Remington 700 in .243... tack driver.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike :With plastic buy two.
'93 XR650L A few stock parts left...
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #52034
kenny61
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Romaniacs 2019
Oddometer: 24,097
Mmmmm heavy barrell
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #52035
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy
 
flyingwombat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Nederland, CO
Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
I'm using an '08 CRF master cylinder. It has neat ball and socket mechanism for the lever piston interface rather than a small bolt and pin. It's like butta! That and a CRF stuff front oversize disc and it finally has enough brake.
I have an '05 CRF master... looks like that neato ball and socket didn't happen until '07...

Thanks everyone for the input on the brake line.
__________________
Bad Medicine: Baja October 2011 - White Rim Sandwich (with Kokopelli bread) - Please help support COHVCO!

flyingwombat screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 01:29 AM
flyingwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014