ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #8431
AZ4us
AZ Explorer

Oddometer: 276
I am glad you guys have a better alternative. Here is the Link: http://www.blackmountaincoffeeshop.com/
We need people to make it every other Sunday since we have to travel many times during the year !

Happy riding !
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsconDeasy View Post
Good choice. Some of the girls from 4C have moved over to the grotto, but that place isn't right for bikes. Hard to beat the atmosphere of 4C

AZ4us screwed with this post 01-20-2013 at 09:17 AM
AZ4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #8432
Yellowdatsun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Sounds good. Do you guys want every other sunday?......or a set 2 sundays a month? Like first and 3rd, etc? Sometimes it can be confusing if you miss a few, to remember which one it should be when it's every-other. Where-as if it's a set date twice a month it's easier to remember.
Yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #8433
F800ekelley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdatsun View Post
Sounds good. Do you guys want every other sunday?......or a set 2 sundays a month? Like first and 3rd, etc? Sometimes it can be confusing if you miss a few, to remember which one it should be when it's every-other. Where-as if it's a set date twice a month it's easier to remember.
Sounds like somthing i would be up for maybe the first sunday of the month and someother times as well we need a new meet location any ideas? Anyone want to host the first ride?
F800ekelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #8434
AZ4us
AZ Explorer

Oddometer: 276
Yes. good idea. The first and 3rd Sunday of every month.
Next Sunday I am thinking of a ride back-way to Crown king from lake pleasant.
The weather is cooperating again and I am recovering from the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdatsun View Post
AZ4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #8435
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,878
We had great ride thanks for everyone for showing up. I hope ya all get home safely. It was a blast in that wash. N. Mine rd was like a roller coster ride i got carried away i almost ate it. . I'll post some pic & vids later.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #8436
F800ekelley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
We had great ride thanks for everyone for showing up. I hope ya all get home safely. It was a blast in that wash. N. Mine rd was like a roller coster ride i got carried away i almost ate it. . I'll post some pic & vids later.
Let me know where u post them can u pm me your route back i would like to try it, would u say its big bike friendly? Had a BLAST today great ride eddy
F800ekelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #8437
azgary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Thanks EDDY I had a great time. N. Mine rd was like an amusement ride (Wild Mouse). I was surprised to see patches of ice on Castle Hot Springs Rd.
azgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #8438
Yellowdatsun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
The back way to Crown King??? What kind of bike are you riding? We did that on MX bikes years ago, and it was tough on those bikes back then. Unless the road has become a lot better, I don't know that I'd ride the KLR.
Yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #8439
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,076
Crown King

The back way has been bladed and can be done on a big bike quite easily now. Came down that way today.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #8440
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Eddy, thanks for putting this ride together. I had a blast. We had a a great group to ride with. Very diverse. From my little 250 L to a 990 KTM.
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #8441
Stumpalump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
The back way has been bladed and can be done on a big bike quite easily now. Came down that way today.
I've heard that BS before. The problem is that the trail gets very crowded at times forcing you to ride onto big loose rocks on the side of the trail. The big bikes weigh 400 lbs plus and don't like loose rocks on mountain hills. I imagine if you got to pick all of your lines it would be OK but the crowds force the big bikes off those rideable lines. That trail beats the rocker panels to death on un modified 4x4s so before some regular guy thinks his 1200/990 is going up it you have been warned.
KTM 200 EXC.
XR400
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #8442
Stumpalump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by azgary View Post
Thanks EDDY I had a great time. N. Mine rd was like an amusement ride (Wild Mouse). I was surprised to see patches of ice on Castle Hot Springs Rd.
Good to know. I ride that 2 up with the wife. Hopefully this warm spell will thaw the roads.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=warnings
KTM 200 EXC.
XR400
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #8443
azgary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpalump View Post
Good to know. I ride that 2 up with the wife. Hopefully this warm spell will thaw the roads.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=warnings
The ice was located where the water runs through that short stretch of mini canyon with the patches of concrete. Must get colder there at night plus it's shaded during the day. I eased off the throttle and had no problem.
azgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #8444
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,774
Well I had an interesting ride back up from Wickenberg to Prescott Took Rincon Rd north & skipped Box Canyon it's very busy on the weekends. Got off track & onto Anglers Ranch RD, Weaver Creek Rd. & did about 10 miles of much deeper sand than Buckhorn, through many gates & finally made it to Stanton Rd & up the hill. Fun stuff before your tired but? Then I got really smart & took Copper Basin out of Skull Valley up to Prescott. About two thirds of the way up I hit snow & ice & down the XR & I went. Naturally it fell to the low side Took about 30 minutes of dragging the bike every which way but finally got to a spot that I could stand up, got the bike up, back down to Skull Valley & home. 225 miles for me. I think there is a message here somewhere? Don't roller skate in a Buffalo herd? No thats not it Don't go ice skating with a Pig! Thats it! Great ride & rider turn out, great putting names with faces.

Second oldest rider AZ Gary on rigt.

Great looking bikes.

AZ TOM screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 11:06 AM
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #8445
DcboyRider
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Eddy'z ride

Had a blast a couple sections were a little squirly on the 990, the ride back after lunch was a little more challenging . Like Eddy said after lunch the first section was a warm up lol. But thanks for some of the pointers you guys and helping me keep my (little) bike up in those washes.
DcboyRider is offline   Reply With Quote