Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #16
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,278
Ok now I get it, a MOD fused the two thread.. Not my fault NA!
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
lindenberg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I'm 6' 3" and love my Aeroflow windshield on my 2009 F800GS. It works great on the freeway and doesn't get in the way when off-road. When I'm in the dirt I usually always stand up and the windshield hasn't been a bother at all. Give them a call and see if their screens fit on a 2013. They have used and blemished screens that brings the price down. I bought the size that places the top of the windshield between my upper lip and the tip of my nose. See the "A" dimension on the following page. In my case it was the Extra Tall.
http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/F650800GS.htm
lindenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
jkbeaudin
n00b

Oddometer: 7
New high windshield from Cee Bailey's

I have a new 22" tall winshield from Cee Bailey's on my F700GS. I am 6' tall but only a 29" inseam so the 22" was best for me becasue I sit tall on the saddle. This is so much nicer when I am on the highways or any road going over 45MPH. I can easily see over it and look down the raod while sitting. And when I stand I can see the dirt in front of the front tire without looking through the windshield. If I was into some serious off roading, I would then take the 10 minutes to switch to the "Sport" shield.

Cee Baileys came up with a brand new "knee" brace to support this tall windshield. After all 6 scres are in place everything feels very secure. I am going to mount my GPS on the "knee" brace. where it will sit above my speedometer.

Very nice
jkbeaudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #19
vtbob
wanderer

Oddometer: 517
+1 on the aeroflow

Have had mine for 3 years now...works well and stands up to a beating
vtbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #20
Meatn'taters
Not any more

Oddometer: 234
+3 on the Aeroflow

Got an Aeroflow on my 2009 650 GS twin - had it for 3 years now and love it. Also have the Aerogards. Would buy another in a heart beat.

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there".
Yogi Berra
Meatn'taters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #21
terraunbound
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Is there such a thing as too tall a windshield? Drawbacks?

I used to have a CeeBailey on the old bike that I have no idea what size. I'm short@ 5'5" with a 30-inch inseam.
terraunbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #22
jkbeaudin
n00b

Oddometer: 7
too tall windshield drawbacks?

Drawbacks that may be important to you on too tall windshields: Do you want to look over shield while driving on highway, over the shield while driving off road? Shorter shield could still deflect wind over your face to top of head and still allow you to see over. Of course this depends on the angle of the manufacturer sheild.

I suggest you call Cee Bailey with your measurements and type of seat on your F700GS and they have tested the 700 with different sized windshields and can give you a pretty good idea what their shield can do.
jkbeaudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
ktownbobski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
I'm thinking about the Madstad, see lots of good reports and reviews.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #24
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
My 700 has had stock, Moose +2 and Moose +4. I've settled on the Moose +4. The price is right ($71) after you buy the BMW adaptors.

Observation: the battle on the 650/700/800 is immediately lost because most popular windshields are too narrow. I've just accepted the results of a stylish, narrow windshield.

The Aeroflow has its unique backward shape because that was the way in which Paige could make it wide enough and clear the handlebars.

The Madstad is wide, wide, wide.

Note that all but the smallest Ztechnik requires mirror extenders because they're trying to go WIDE.

Can't break or even bend the laws of physics, specifically fluid/gas dynamics.

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Geoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
terraunbound
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Ended up getting the Cee Bailey 16-inch windshield and am soooo happy. Riding along at 75 mph is no longer a contest of wills - will I be blown off the bike - will my arms tire out from the wind. Instead its a nice smooth ride. I can easily see over the top of the windshield. I also like the stabilizer bracket that holds the windscreen in place - very nice construction overall.

And in fact, there's so little air flow and no turbulence that I can wear one less layer. The only drawback (if anything) is that in the 90+ heat we've been having, its a little too toasty; but I not complaining because most of the year I'm riding to work in the 40s or less.
terraunbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #26
Turk34
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I ve got Cee Baileys 18" and happy with it. I have 700 GS with comfort seat. My height is 5' 7".

I also see Madstad had nice windscreens, too...I was too late to check this one. http://www.madstad.com/
Turk34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #27
tim-atl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk34 View Post
I ve got Cee Baileys 18" and happy with it. I have 700 GS with comfort seat. My height is 5' 7".

I also see Madstad had nice windscreens, too...I was too late to check this one. http://www.madstad.com/
Also have a 700gs w/comfort seat and am 5'7" too. I ordered a madstad last weekend we'll have to compare notes
tim-atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #28
ktownbobski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
How much higher is the comfort seat (than the standard seat), and did you order the 10 or 20" Madstad screen?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
tim-atl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownbobski View Post
How much higher is the comfort seat (than the standard seat), and did you order the 10 or 20" Madstad screen?
I don't think the seat is more than an inch difference.

I ordered the 18" light grey Madstad, it is in UPS's hands and should arrive this Tuesday.
tim-atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #30
Polanskyster
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I installed the 18" Madstad on my F700GS earlier in the week. It works great, allowing me to listen to tunes on medium volume through my SENA headset. The install was easy as long and you follow the perfect instructions.

The Madstad should be standard equipment on this bike!
Polanskyster is offline   Reply With Quote