Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #166
Gs650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie ttoad View Post
Yeah, would love to head down there myself, looks good!
Hi

Are you going to white rock this Sunday. I am back from holidays and keen to ride.
Cheers
Mike
Gs650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #167
TheColonel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gs650 View Post
Hi

What is the deal with the new seat. You know I need one. How was it on your last ride.

Regards
Mike
Mike, seat sucked again on the last ride so got into action... i looked at the seat concepts one and an airhawk "notsoslow" let me try... and also saw this web site....

http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/modify_4.htm

so I decided to give DIY a go...I figure if I fuck it up I can just buy the seat concepts one anyway.

Didn't turn out too bad ( I was an upholsterer/trimmer in a past life).....I raised the height for my long legs and got rid of that annoying step in it.....so here it is then and now...

Before..

photo sharing sites

in progress...

upload pic

finished product..

online photo sharing

It looks OK..a bit rough in spots but I will see how it goes on the next ride.

G.
TheColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #168
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Oddometer: 9,985
[QUOTE=JoaoPCF;20515058

p.s. at greg it would be fantastic to put my eyes on an african again, miss that damn bike..[/QUOTE]

you'll only see me on weekend rides, I dont do day rides anymore

Old 01-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #169
Gs650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Hi Glen

Looks good .Today a sent an email to sargent seats in the usa .. I think they supply a, do it yourself kit for the seat. I will copy you in when they reply.

Regards

Mike

QUOTE=TheColonel;20523114]Mike, seat sucked again on the last ride so got into action... i looked at the seat concepts one and an airhawk "notsoslow" let me try... and also saw this web site....

http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/modify_4.htm

so I decided to give DIY a go...I figure if I fuck it up I can just buy the seat concepts one anyway.

Didn't turn out too bad ( I was an upholsterer/trimmer in a past life).....I raised the height for my long legs and got rid of that annoying step in it.....so here it is then and now...

Before..

photo sharing sites

in progress...

upload pic

finished product..

online photo sharing

It looks OK..a bit rough in spots but I will see how it goes on the next ride.

G.[/QUOTE]
Gs650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #170
aussie ttoad
T.T.O.A.D

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Hi

Are you going to white rock this Sunday. I am back from holidays and keen to ride.
Cheers
Mike
I can't make it as I am working, but will catch up for a ride soon

Cheers
Jason
aussie ttoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:33 AM   #171
kaengurooo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgreg View Post
you'll only see me on weekend rides, I dont do day rides anymore

Yeah,
it`s a pitty that Honda does not make bikes like that anymore!
kaengurooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #172
curlysurfer
in need of a ride

Oddometer: 343
Watagans

Looks like I have Saturday free. Australia Day. Anyone keen to have a look around the Watagans?

Easiest place for me to meet is Servo/shop at base of Bumble Hill, or Servo at Kulnura along George Downs dr. otherwise if there's another spot let us know. Like to meet at 7 to head off at 7:30 - ish

I've ridden the loop from Letter 'A' down through the Basin camp ground, out past the farm to Laguna, for lunch at Wollombi and then backtrack it all, a few times, but would like to try something different.

I would head out on my own and stay on the fire trails, but would like to tag along with others to look around some single track and maybe get a few pointers on climbing 'snail trail' snotty hills. I suck at that. Otherwise happy to tag along some fire trail too, could always have some tips there too.

I'm on an XR400.

PM me for phone #

Cheers

Rob

couple of mountain bikes, 20 or so surfboards, not enough time........
curlysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #173
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer: 330
The missus and I are keen for a ride on Monday ( pubic holiday). Thinking of doing Yerranderrie, but open to suggestions. Who's keen?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #174
RuskinRowe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I'm interested in a Watagans ride Public Holiday Monday, We're riding from Sydney via Pacific Hwy, Peats Ridge Rd, George Downes rd and into Watagans from there. I have no Clue my way around the Watagans but I always find something interesting.

I've been a few times Gravel Road and firm sand on my R1100GS, but my mate on the F650GS single will be on his first ride, so probably nothing to difficult unless he's a natural.

I have also heard about a Fire Trail that leads from The Great North Rd (heading towards Wollombi from Peats Ridge) that leads to halfway along Putty Rd, Which is a Tarmac Road with EXCELLENT bends. I think the Fire trail is onto Yengo Creek Rd, then turn west along un-named rd half way along Yengo Creek Rd.
RuskinRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #175
dirtsurfer
Challenged Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinRowe View Post
I'm interested in a Watagans ride Public Holiday Monday, We're riding from Sydney via Pacific Hwy, Peats Ridge Rd, George Downes rd and into Watagans from there. I have no Clue my way around the Watagans but I always find something interesting.

I've been a few times Gravel Road and firm sand on my R1100GS, but my mate on the F650GS single will be on his first ride, so probably nothing to difficult unless he's a natural.

I have also heard about a Fire Trail that leads from The Great North Rd (heading towards Wollombi from Peats Ridge) that leads to halfway along Putty Rd, Which is a Tarmac Road with EXCELLENT bends. I think the Fire trail is onto Yengo Creek Rd, then turn west along un-named rd half way along Yengo Creek Rd.
Be extremely careful up there in the Waties, remembering that this recreational area is one of the closest to the highly populated areas of greater Sydney and central coast. On a long w/e there will be all sorts of hazards on the fire trails from 4 year olds on their Christmas presents, 4WD convoys and just plain dickheads (some drunk), the single track crosses the fire trail in many places, so dirtbikes may just burst out of the bush in front of you.

Howes fire trail/Yengo track will be quieter (from the lookout at least) and will offer some suitable challenges for you and your mate when you reach the putty you would turn right to catch the excellent bends again; be careful barely a long w/e passes without a motorcycle down somewhere on the Putty . Anyway make sure the 650 has enough fuel. You can get fuel at Laguna where the large ants devour a car and at Broke but theres no fuel on the Putty. Have fun

Also curlysurfer you can follow Watagan forest road from Jilliby road just south of Dooralong this will eventualy come to the Pines camping area if you turn left there after a while youll come to the turn off to Watagan creek road with the erosion humps and the gate leading to Laguna

dirtsurfer screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 09:37 PM
dirtsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #176
RuskinRowe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Thanks for the tip, Have you done the Howes fire trail/Yengo track before on a bigger bike? I was told about it from a fellow 4WD owner, they went after rain and said two sections where tough to pass.

If I can convince him that's the path/tracks anyone else interested in New Rider Tag along? We will be rather slow but that could be good for others on their first ride. Could do a meet up at Old Road Cafe on Pacific Hwy for anyone departing Sydney.
RuskinRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #177
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsurfer View Post
Be extremely careful up there in the Waties, remembering that this recreational area is one of the closest to the highly populated areas of greater Sydney and central coast. On a long w/e there will be all sorts of hazards on the fire trails from 4 year olds on their Christmas presents, 4WD convoys and just plain dickheads (some drunk), the single track crosses the fire trail in many places, so dirtbikes may just burst out of the bush in front of you.

Howes fire trail/Yengo track will be quieter (from the lookout at least) and will offer some suitable challenges for you and your mate when you reach the putty you would turn right to catch the excellent bends again; be careful barely a long w/e passes without a motorcycle down somewhere on the Putty . Anyway make sure the 650 has enough fuel. You can get fuel at Laguna where the large ants devour a car and at Broke but theres no fuel on the Putty. Have fun

Also curlysurfer you can follow Watagan forest road from Jilliby road just south of Dooralong this will eventualy come to the Pines camping area if you turn left there after a while youll come to the turn off to Watagan creek road with the erosion humps and the gate leading to Laguna
I'm avoiding the Watagans for that exact reason...
Old 01-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #178
dirtsurfer
Challenged Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,624
Adventure awaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinRowe View Post
......., Have you done the Howes fire trail/Yengo track before on a bigger bike? .........
Yep I did it on my 1150GSA a few months back, I saw some 650s and a 1200 on the trail .There was only one badly rutted corner which would be on a down hill if coming from Laguna. A few sandy wallows but all very doable if relaxed
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #179
Mattyvas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Hi

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,

We haven't spoken about going out Sunday yet, I working most of the day before so I will let you know if we do.

As to the Howes Trail and Yengo Track, it's a fairly easy day out really, there are some decent climbs up wash outs and some equally decent downhills over the same.
For a newbie it would be a challenge but it's a very do-able run.

Cheers
Matty...
Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 AM   #180
curlysurfer
in need of a ride

Oddometer: 343
Thanks for the reply's.

So whats the loop time for Howes/Yengo trail, and Loop time for Jiliby - watagans forest rd - Laguna.

If there is enough time in the day, link them? break at wollombi and or St Albans

Still my only window is Saturday, if anyone is keen.

Should be less bogans off the public holiday.

I can meet at Old Road Cafe no worries. If we want to split en route there are a couple of opportunities.

couple of mountain bikes, 20 or so surfboards, not enough time........
curlysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote