Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #24691
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Who makes the cool bling brake pedal end?

And thanks StolenFant for the writeup.

Hammerhead?

StolenFant, if you are still engaging where you were, your gap should be close to what it was. You might think about dragging the rear brake to smooth things out in the tight stuff. Maybe a LHRB too.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #24692
SilverBullet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
...In summary, I cannot think of a good reason why you would NOT want the Rekluse Z-start Pro on a TE610...
I can think of two, $650 cost and it requires fairly regular adjustments and tweaking to keep it working in top shape. It is not a set it and forget it setup. But still a very tempting addition, especially when installed with a LHRB.

_
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #24693
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Xymotic, I do need to drop the rear brake pedal some how. I've heard a part from the Honda XR650 has a lower profile clevis that allows this, but haven't confirmed yet. Right now I can't ride with foot over it at present.
Xcuvator, Since the TE doesn't have a cush hub I want you keep the clutch lever for asphalt for my occasional commutes plus all that engine braking really scrubs knobs off the rear fast.
Silver bullet, I'm hoping it won't take much adjustment once I settle on spring configuration. I may even add three Tungsten balls for harder engagement if I move the engagement much higher. The motor didn't have any issues pulling from 1500 in sand, but I do fear a much higher engagement would allow the motor to over work the clutch. I'll keep y'all posted.

Clint

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #24694
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,458
Brake pedal mod with Honda clevis detailed in Husky Cafe - I did mine with the standard one, also there. You shorten the plunger rod slightly and I removed the top nut above the clevis... read here:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/630...-2#post-258784

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #24695
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Brake Pedal Rivet

Here is a tip: Grind off the stock rivet on the brake pedal tip and replace it with a countersunk bolt (head facing the clutch) and nylock nut. This lessens the sharp contact against your clutch cover and also makes replacing the tip easier also. I use a KTM replacement brake tip.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #24696
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Thanks for the ideas on the brake guys. the vise grip is getting old :)
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #24697
Ads
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hello again

Sorry did not see this thread or els i may of put my frist post hear. So hello to you all, i live in the UK down in Cornwall, I have a 2006 Gas GAS 300 a 2012 990 ADV and have just got hold of a 2000 TE 610 with very low miles on the clock. and i come back from my frist ride with the biggest of smiles, WOW what a super bike, may go as far to say its the best bike i have rode, me being only 5,6 and 10 stone the bike is a good fit and i can get both feet to the ground!. how ever i would like to know if any one as put Renthal fat bars on the bike and would recomend doing so, my bars on my enduro bike are about 1 or 2 inches longer so i guss i am used to them, I will be doing technical trails with the bike and road work.
Ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #24698
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Took this

Up here

With these guys

The 610 was amazing! I only fell once and didn't get stuck at all! We went through, up, over some crazy stuff and I was blown away at how the 610 just went and went! No studs and tires I would have likely changed by now if it was summer time. The 4x4 quads broke through some bogs covered in ice exposing stuff that would make most including myself think twice about, but I was able to power through no problem. The only bad thing was I didn't charge the battery in the liquid image googles, so no vids this time.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #24699
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Having some fun on my new scoot.
Cant wait for some free time and warmer weather to get this baby out in some open country

Old 01-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #24700
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 746
Riding?

Wow all these riding pics. I am jonesing. Home renovations have kept me too busy to finish cutting the metal gussets for my subframe repair. I can't wait to be done.
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #24701
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Hypothetically speaking, can a EFI 610 engine get damaged with running a straight pipe?

I can say, not hypothetically, them things are really loud

And has anyone done anything creative to repair/re-enforce the subframe when the muffler support studs rip out? Again, ya know "hypothetically speaking"
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #24702
bigkatie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Needs some advice on used Te 610

Thinking of purchasing a used 2003 te610 from owner in different state. He states that bike will only start in neutral so if you stall at traffic light you need to find neutral to restart bike .Does bike have a safety switch similar to a kickstand safety switch ? He does not know about switch but also states that neutral is hard to find. Is this normal or a sign that there may be other issues ? I know that some bikes are harder than other to find neutral but thought by 2003 that all bikes would start in gear with clutch in.Have not ridden a Husky so I have no insight on this issue. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated as I am about to pull the trigger on bike. Thanks
bigkatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #24703
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkatie View Post
Thinking of purchasing a used 2003 te610 from owner in different state. He states that bike will only start in neutral so if you stall at traffic light you need to find neutral to restart bike .Does bike have a safety switch similar to a kickstand safety switch ? He does not know about switch but also states that neutral is hard to find. Is this normal or a sign that there may be other issues ? I know that some bikes are harder than other to find neutral but thought by 2003 that all bikes would start in gear with clutch in.Have not ridden a Husky so I have no insight on this issue. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated as I am about to pull the trigger on bike. Thanks
Sounds funny to me. Clutch dragging maybe? May want to follow your instincts that there are other issues.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #24704
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkatie View Post
Hi - Yes indeed the Husky has a clutch micro switch much like a kickstand switch. Many (myself incuded) bridge it out and is very easy to do and leave in place at the lever. Re the finding neutral = this is a norm with these bikes ... one learns to live with it and can find neutral before coming to rest, blip it etc. No biggie just a quirk and one should avoid trying to adjust the clutch too much to enable an easy neutral find as it puts stress on the selector rod arm which can then fail.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #24705
bigkatie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
clu

Thanks Big DoM ,that puts me at ease,especially purchasing sight unseen.
Have a great day !
bigkatie is offline   Reply With Quote