ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #286
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 888
Hey Monte & AB ~ looks like y'all had a good ride yesterday!

Doulos ~ ask Twisty, I know he's been up there a time or two. Or look thru the DOG thread about MotoMtn
Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #287
Wild Pig
Looks like avatar.

Oddometer: 83
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for all the hospitality during the visit. Sorry we didn't catch up with everyone we wanted to (Brent, Monte, and others).

Thursday night at the Brewhaus was a blast. I've been craving the bavarian nachos ever since. I knew we were in the right place when I saw the wild pig over the bar!

And poor Timothy. She was tall, blonde, and worked in a brewery. The stars were aligned, man. But your ego was crushed like a bug in horrible defeat in spite of our intense help.

Thanks for all the local info, including the hand drawn map. It was a work of creativity and genius, even though it showed Signal Mountain somewhere in eastern Nebraska. We used squirrely's list as a reference all the next day. Aretha Frankenstein's lived up to it's rep. Cheree had the Elephants Gerald and I foolishly tried to eat an entire fat stack of pancakes. Sprained my stomach.

Good food, good folks, and good beer! We will be back, even if we decide not to move.

"You pass through places, and places pass through you."
Wild Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #288
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Yay! It sure was a blast Thursday night! Tim sure did have a hard time with that girl, way to go Wingman!

Holler if you guys come back down. Hope you both make it back safely
Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #289
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
Anyone been to MotoMtn park in Fairmount, GA yet?
I was going on a weekly basis for a while, but haven't been lately for various reasons. Weather, work and other stuff have been getting in the way. I've been thinking about buying a membeship since it's only about 30 minutes from the house. When ya wanna go? I'll show you all the single track, and there's a lot, but you'll miss most of it if you don't know where it is because they don't invest much in trail marking.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #290
Doulos
Doulos

Oddometer: 73
Motomtn trip with Twisty

Twisty - Monty is securing a 450 KTM in Feb. I say we shoot for a date in Feb - weather permitting - and you can show us the trails.

BTW - how can I find the DOG thread - can someone put up a link? I am technically challenged
Doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #291
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Twisty - Monty is securing a 450 KTM in Feb. I say we shoot for a date in Feb - weather permitting - and you can show us the trails.

BTW - how can I find the DOG thread - can someone put up a link? I am technically challenged
Cool, let me know.
Here ya go:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194015
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #292
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Quote:

Old 01-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #293
Cogswell
Spudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
The Tellico River was a torrent today. It provided just the right ambience for lunch at Kat's Deli. We stopped in at Tellico Moto Outfitters and chatted with MiniMike for a bit before lunch. We were his first customers of the day at 1PM.
I think we just missed you at Mike's on Sunday ...wish we would have gone to Kat's for lunch.

Mike
The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.
Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #294
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 202
You guys suck as wingmen and wingwomen.

When are we going to Honest Pint this week? I am out of town this weekend so Thursday would be best. I am driving down to Alabama for a private tour of a brewery...

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #295
Steez
USMC Infantry

Oddometer: 203
Hey guys,

I've been in the Chattanooga area the past few years, and I finally came to my senses and sold my Triumph Bonneville to get back into dual sporting. I've come across a fellow Nashville ADVrider looking to sell a 650 Dakar (not in the flea market...yet) at a somewhat decent price, and was wondering if it'll fit in with this groups dual sporting rides (if you guys are cool with letting one more person join in haha)? I'm not sure as to the group's preferences when it comes to single track and the like. My last ds was a WR250r that I completed the tat with, so the simple weight of this dakar will take some getting used to.

One of the main reasons I sold the Yamaha was due to the fact it was hard to find fellow area dual sporters, but now I'm rather excited this group exists!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #296
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Hey Tim
I have enough of my lunch money left over to buy a beer Thursday night. But I have class at 7pm til 9pm. So I could meet you before or after.

Hey newb! I reckon you would just have to get to know us and what places we rode. I think you'd be alright on a Dakar, golly Tim takes his 1200 almost everywhere.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #297
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,114
Hey Steez,
I've always thought it was more about riding ability than what kinda bike you have. A great rider on a Ninja 250 can ride more trails, better, than a rookie on a HusaKTMvarna Ultrasuperenduro Factory Type R. I've been smoked by street-shod V-stroms on muddy trails when I had a good bike with knobby tires. It's more about the fellowship than ego and competition. Any dual-sport you get would be welcome; the most important thing is to ride, ride, ride.

So come on; no man/woman left behind.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #298
WarriorDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
What kind of gear are you wearing for these rides. I'm in Ooltewah off Hunter Road. I just got a Sherpa 250 for wifey and picked up an XL650 for myself a couple of weeks ago. We havent been in the woods for a few years. We'll join up on some of these rides in a few weeks (March) once we get past the cold weather. I'm too old to intentionally punish myself by freezing my azz off. Plus I'll have to listen to her complain too
Any gear recommendations. I've got some Oneil MX boots, We've still got our street bikes so we've got street helmets, gloves, textile jackets, Kevlar jeans, etc. What is good stuff for the woods and trails?? Economical or middle of the road stuff will be fine. Remember, there are two of us to buy for.
WarriorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #299
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Aight, tonight's shin dig is at the Honest Pint starting 8:15 ~

That way if some people want to meet early that's cool. Since I won't be able to get there til 9ish. Tim and Todd I believe are meeting 8:15ish
Newbs are more than welcome to join :)
Old 01-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #300
Steez
USMC Infantry

Oddometer: 203
Thanks for the inspiration guys! I think I'll make an offer on the Dakar tonight, seeing as most of my weekly riding will be commuting on streets- so it seems like a good compromise.

Thanks for the invite tonight! I'll try and come on by after my class gets out at 8:00. If you see a guy alone in a black jacket wandering aimlessly trying to listen for motorcycle talk at all the tables, call me over haha!