ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #6286
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,031
As seen on craigslist (OLD) butt funny

NINJA RIDERRR: 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 - $3700 (Oceanside, Ca)
Date: 2009-04-24, 11:29AM PDT

OK, let me start off by saying this Z1000 is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women). My friend, if it was possible for a motorcycle to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow, this Kawasaki would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly.

It was never intended to drive to the mall so you can pick up that adorable shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you had your eye on. It wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Linens & Things. No, that's what your Vespa is for. If that's the kind of motorcycle you're looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now.

I mean it. Just stop.

This Motorcycle was engineered by 3rd degree ninja super-warriors in the highest mountains of Japan to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis. They didn't even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost), heated leather seats (a real man doesn't let anything warm his butt), or On Star (real men don't even know what the hell On Star is).

No, this brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super action junkies need. It has a 953 cc engine to outrun the cops. It's got special blood/gore resistant seat. It even has a tool kit in the back. You know what the tool kit has in it? A pint of whiskey, a stitch-your-own-wound kit and a hunk of leather to bite down on when you're operating on yourself.

The Z1000 also has a upright riding position so if you're being chased by Libyan terrorists, you'll still be able to shoot your machine gun and ride at the same time.

It's saved my bacon more than once.

It has room for you and one hotty you just picked up on the way to the gym to blast your pecs and hammer your glutes. There's lots of storage in the back for your 50 caliber anti-Taliban, self cooling machine gun. I also just put in a new headlight to replace the one that got shot out by The Man.

My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $3,700, but I'll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up and tell me you'll give me $500 for it. That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab.

Would it hurt? Hell yeah.

Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

There's only 12,000 miles on this two-wheeled hellcat from Planet Kickass. Trust me, it will outlive you and the offspring that will carry your name. It will live on as a monument to your machismo.

Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it's a rugged, no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double, then contact me.

I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just chilling with my ladies, but I'll get back to you. And when I do, we'll talk about a price over a nice glass of Schmidt while we listen to Johnny Cash.

To sweeten the deal a little, I'm throwing in this pair of MC Hammer pants for the man with rippling quads that can't fit into regular pants. Yeah, you heard me. FREE MC Hammer pants.

Rock on.

casey.gardiner@gmail.com

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #6287
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,702

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #6288
ixab
just Aaron, really

Oddometer: 375
get moggy

There was a little Pegaso on CL the other day... can't find it now.

Unimog, anyone? I've probably seen this one around town, not sure how many Unimogs there are in Boringham.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3545905581.html

(1971 mersades unimog 404 s - $11000 (bham))
Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #6289
Imachimper
Newer than Noob

Oddometer: 129
With that much linguistic creativity, he must be related to peterman in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
NINJA RIDERRR: 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 - $3700 (Oceanside, Ca)
Date: 2009-04-24, 11:29AM PDT

OK, let me start off by saying this Z1000 is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women). My friend, if it was possible for a motorcycle to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow, this Kawasaki would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly.

It was never intended to drive to the mall so you can pick up that adorable shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you had your eye on. It wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Linens & Things. No, that's what your Vespa is for. If that's the kind of motorcycle you're looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now.

I mean it. Just stop.

This Motorcycle was engineered by 3rd degree ninja super-warriors in the highest mountains of Japan to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis. They didn't even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost), heated leather seats (a real man doesn't let anything warm his butt), or On Star (real men don't even know what the hell On Star is).

No, this brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super action junkies need. It has a 953 cc engine to outrun the cops. It's got special blood/gore resistant seat. It even has a tool kit in the back. You know what the tool kit has in it? A pint of whiskey, a stitch-your-own-wound kit and a hunk of leather to bite down on when you're operating on yourself.

The Z1000 also has a upright riding position so if you're being chased by Libyan terrorists, you'll still be able to shoot your machine gun and ride at the same time.

It's saved my bacon more than once.

It has room for you and one hotty you just picked up on the way to the gym to blast your pecs and hammer your glutes. There's lots of storage in the back for your 50 caliber anti-Taliban, self cooling machine gun. I also just put in a new headlight to replace the one that got shot out by The Man.

My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $3,700, but I'll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up and tell me you'll give me $500 for it. That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab.

Would it hurt? Hell yeah.

Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

There's only 12,000 miles on this two-wheeled hellcat from Planet Kickass. Trust me, it will outlive you and the offspring that will carry your name. It will live on as a monument to your machismo.

Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it's a rugged, no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double, then contact me.

I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just chilling with my ladies, but I'll get back to you. And when I do, we'll talk about a price over a nice glass of Schmidt while we listen to Johnny Cash.

To sweeten the deal a little, I'm throwing in this pair of MC Hammer pants for the man with rippling quads that can't fit into regular pants. Yeah, you heard me. FREE MC Hammer pants.

Rock on.

casey.gardiner@gmail.com
Imachimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #6290
Trinity_Session
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Lake Oswego KTMs

Link

Link

Anyone know this guy?
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #6291
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 6,087
What would he ask if it actually had all of it's original 'pristine' parts?

http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/mcy/3531229655.html

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #6292
WB-PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaGeek View Post
What would he ask if it actually had all of it's original 'pristine' parts?

http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/mcy/3531229655.html
Even with the mods, I am sure he will get his price quickly here in Portland.
WB-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #6293
bdcorrigan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Xl600r

$577 what a deal all it needs is a Ricky stator $150 and you will have a bitchen ride

http://salem.craigslist.org/mcy/3555007849.html
bdcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #6294
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcorrigan View Post
$577 what a deal all it needs is a Ricky stator $150 and you will have a bitchen ride

Damn, if that bike does indeed run, it's smokin deal

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #6295
ixab
just Aaron, really

hmmmm....

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/mcy/3536876669.html
(90 DR350 with big bore kit (390) - $450)
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #6296
ixab
just Aaron, really

If this was about $800 cheaper I'd be a lot more interested.

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/mcy/3561708402.html

1971 Kawasaki - $1450 (Bellingham)

Is something like that worth even close to $1400? It's old, and looks cool, but seriously...

ixab screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 10:56 PM
ixab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #6297
ixab
just Aaron, really

Adventure!

Hey! Anyone need an "Adventure Motorcycle"?

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/mcy/3543457654.html

Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #6298
lamebrain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixab View Post
hmmmm....

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/mcy/3536876669.html
(90 DR350 with big bore kit (390) - $450)

No kick starter or chain = suspicious...
lamebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #6299
pdxbrit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcorrigan View Post

Did anyone reapond to this ad? There has to be more to this story for that price. Always is on craigslist. Or maybe for once we don't have a greedy seller?

Track me on my Delorme Inreach SE

pdxbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #6300
Claytonroy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbrit View Post
Did anyone reapond to this ad? There has to be more to this story for that price. Always is on craigslist. Or maybe for once we don't have a greedy seller?
Yep...the seller is in Salem but the bike is in Florence, Oregon. There is a line of people waiting to see it. If a PNW inmate is located near Florence, maybe email the seller with an offer and save them the transport hassle?

Claytonroy is offline   Reply With Quote