User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #76
SteverinoB
EstebanarinoB

Oddometer: 547
Thumb Doctor, doctor! Gimme the news!

This thing is a big one, kind of like riding a 990 or a GSA on a gnarly bit of Canadian Shield single track and that is with the salad and NOT the fresh cut fries! Note that crispy cheddar fried up cheese halo...so bad and so good!

Nice venue with plenty of space and what looks like a great deck for dining al fresco!

Located at...45 McClintock Dr on the lovely shores of Puslinch Lake.

R90...CT90...Wee...DR650
SteverinoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #77
kruzuki
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 741
Ted's Range Road Diner halfway between Thornbury and Owne Sound. In the mjiddle of nowhere, in an old Quonset hut, but worth the ride for the food.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #78
McJamie OP
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteverinoB View Post
This thing is a big one, kind of like riding a 990 or a GSA on a gnarly bit of Canadian Shield single track and that is with the salad and NOT the fresh cut fries! Note that crispy cheddar fried up cheese halo...so bad and so good!

Nice venue with plenty of space and what looks like a great deck for dining al fresco!

Located at...45 McClintock Dr on the lovely shores of Puslinch Lake.

That's good to know, I usually have some work to do in the Cambridge area once a year or so. There's never anywhere to eat. Now there is.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #79
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by gybeman View Post
Right beside them is Wild Orchid Thai with the some of the best thai I've had anywhere. The daughter opened her own in Fenelon Falls this yr. Went last night and it is just as good.
Where abouts in Fenlon right on the main drag?
2002 XR250R Dirty Girl so fun to ride
1997 KLR 650 miss the old girl. Never washed!
G-Mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #80
gybeman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
Where abouts in Fenlon right on the main drag?
Its one street back and in the middle where theres a couple other restaurants and a martini bar on the corner overlooking the lock. Its Googleable.
gybeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #81
huron52
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzuki View Post
Ted's Range Road Diner halfway between Thornbury and Owne Sound. In the mjiddle of nowhere, in an old Quonset hut, but worth the ride for the food.
Never been but people I know gone and enjoyed the different kinds of game. If you are thinking about going phone ahead because the hours are not the same each day. It is on my list to visit!

huron52 screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 07:45 AM Reason: added website
huron52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #82
ScramblerTom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
2 places to add:

that new chip wagon in Kaladar. Went there on the scoot with the wife in November. Despite the harley colours (or maybe they are KTM...) the food was awesome (if you are into fries and burger) I think the average meal is about 38,000 calories but I was thinking back to my last day trip of the season, pissing rain, +2 degrees and dressed for a summers day - would have sold my grandmother for one of their burgers and fries. Likely best after a long hard day in the saddle - Deadly 99, you should route the RR past here, great for a rest stop.

The other is that father son joint in Griffith - stopped in there on my sled with some friends - will have to return on the bike. again another killer burger shop that serves things like liver and onions and does it well.
-> SOLD then bought a 2009 DRZ 400 - on the weight loss plan
2006 Piaggio BV 250
1986 XT 600
traded for a Jet Ski!! taking up wakeboarding... was not riding it anyway
ScramblerTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #83
Pay Dirt
panning the web

Oddometer: 308
Quote:

Oh Yes, and he has been known to serve up the wild side too!! Game that is !
Don't be in a hurry if you're heddin to Ted's!!

PD
Pay Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #84
McJamie OP
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScramblerTom View Post
2 places to add:

that new chip wagon in Kaladar. Went there on the scoot with the wife in November. Despite the harley colours (or maybe they are KTM...) the food was awesome (if you are into fries and burger) I think the average meal is about 38,000 calories but I was thinking back to my last day trip of the season, pissing rain, +2 degrees and dressed for a summers day - would have sold my grandmother for one of their burgers and fries. Likely best after a long hard day in the saddle - Deadly 99, you should route the RR past here, great for a rest stop.

The other is that father son joint in Griffith - stopped in there on my sled with some friends - will have to return on the bike. again another killer burger shop that serves things like liver and onions and does it well.
The place in Kaladar is no more than 10 minutes from my trailer. I'll make a point to stop there in the spring when we open things back up.
I have been through Griffith a few times, but I don't where that place is. Do you remember the name?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #85
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist

Oddometer: 4,531
+1 For the Wilno Tavern, home made perogies & cabbage rolls. Get the "sampler plate" and not need to eat for a week. Lot's of good pavement in every direction too.

- The Fiery Grill in Dorset that has a great deck and passable pulled pork sandwiches, decent po-boy sandwiches and other mungicake Cajun food just off Hwy.11.

- There's a place outside of Wawa by the lake that sells the best smoked whitefish I've ever had. Or I might just be that hungry when I hit it after an 8 hour ride. Not a restaurant, just a retail shack but I always dig picking at the fish sitting on a rock by Lake Superior.

- For 905 eats you can't beat a foot long from Easterbrook's in Burlington. Plus it is at the end of 80km of twisties that go up & down the Escarpment from Burlington to Etobicoke.
Dilligaf0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #86
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,652
+1

Smoked whitefish is part of what travelling around the northern Great Lakes is all about.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #87
TigerXC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
wow...I have not been there in years. Good to know that the place is still running.
TigerXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #88
toddiscdn
Take off, EH!

Oddometer: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post

- The Fiery Grill in Dorset that has a great deck and passable pulled pork sandwiches, decent po-boy sandwiches and other mungicake Cajun food just off Hwy.11.
Fiery Grill unfortunatly closed a couple years ago...(2011?) been a couple sled seasons anyway. It did reopen last summer under the name "Trading Bay Dining co.", I have heard good things about it, but will not have any first hand experience until I get up ther in a week from now on the sled. http://www.tradingbaydining.com/index.html

While it was closed, we have stopped a couple times at "Zacharys" just across the bridge from the Fiery and it was good simple food, served by a a great group of ladies who didnt mind you coming in with soaked riding gear.

If anyone gets over this way "Skeeter Barlows" in Brights Grove(N of Sarnia) has great food, imo, with a veiw of Lake Huron and a second outlet in the closer to me bustling town of Forest

The Pav. in Baysville is....um edible, but there is great riding in the area, Muskoka on the Rocks on hwy 60 just east of Huntsville has always been good as well.

Thats it for now, Todd
toddiscdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #89
kruzuki
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerXC View Post
wow...I have not been there in years. Good to know that the place is still running.
I've gone a few times, most recently last fall.
They had crocodile meat on the menu along with the usual wild game and lots of local fish.
Consistently good food and it gets busy; make reservations.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #90
568V8
Ontario Vstrommer

Oddometer: 172
Thumb in Calabogie

Downtown right near the bridge you will find Polly's restaurant. Excellent food and a surprisingly large menu due to her catering business. While you're there you may as well ride into the Calabogie Motorsport track.
568V8 is offline   Reply With Quote