ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #286
Candiya
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Bremerton, WA
Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1152 View Post
Candiya, words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. I'm at a bit of a loss for words right now. I just really want to say I'm sorry. Sorry for your loss. Sorry your time together was cut so short.
As you read in the thread, Stephanie and I are very close. We have no children, only each other and family back in our respective home states. For this reason, I DO value the time we share together probably more than most. I watch people go through their day-to-day lives as though it will be there forever. But one really never knows.
I am glad that the stories I've shared here were able to bring back fond memories for you. If I may ask....Are you planning to go forward with some or all of that trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much, Gus. Yes, one of my riding goals for 2013 is to take my first overnight trip on my bike. A longer-term goal is to make my way down to the bay area. I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains but have yet to ride there or Big Sur. (I enjoyed your Big Sur photos quite a bit.)

Probably the only road on my bucket list that I haven't heard you mention yet is the Highway to Hana in Hawaii. I'd LOVE to see the photos you'd post from that road!

Ride safe, you two.
Candiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #287
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GP1152's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiya View Post
Thank you very much, Gus. Yes, one of my riding goals for 2013 is to take my first overnight trip on my bike. A longer-term goal is to make my way down to the bay area. I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains but have yet to ride there or Big Sur. (I enjoyed your Big Sur photos quite a bit.)

Probably the only road on my bucket list that I haven't heard you mention yet is the Highway to Hana in Hawaii. I'd LOVE to see the photos you'd post from that road!

Ride safe, you two.
I hope that when you do make it down this way to the Bay Area that you'll let us know beforehand. We'd love to join you.
__________________
Gus M.
Ducati Streetfighter-S 1098 | Ducati Streetfighter 848 (wife's)

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #288
pumpe3
lazy Swede
 
pumpe3's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1152 View Post
At the risk of inciting another "silver spoon" comment (lol)...here's a shot of the better side....




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ridiculously nice garage, seeing this pics makes me have to fix my cave in the spring don't even have insulation now
pumpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #289
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento
Oddometer: 382
RR and pics

I will echo others comments. Great RR. I rode some of the same Cali, Oregon and Washington roads in the last few years, so it was great to recall some of my memories while reading about yours. It is still in the 40's here this morning, but I will go for a few hr ride after lunch.
PatSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #290
Aces & Eights
GearHead
 
Aces & Eights's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: The RainCoast
Oddometer: 34
Well it was a long ride but you should have continued further north for some truly sublime roads with little traffic and minimal if any enforcement.....

maybe next time.

For me I dream of the DENALI hyway.
Do or die 2013 for me....Gotta do it
Aces & Eights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #291
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GP1152's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatSmith View Post
I will echo others comments. Great RR. I rode some of the same Cali, Oregon and Washington roads in the last few years, so it was great to recall some of my memories while reading about yours. It is still in the 40's here this morning, but I will go for a few hr ride after lunch.
Hey nothing a heated vest can't fix, right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Gus M.
Ducati Streetfighter-S 1098 | Ducati Streetfighter 848 (wife's)

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #292
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GP1152's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces & Eights View Post
Well it was a long ride but you should have continued further north for some truly sublime roads with little traffic and minimal if any enforcement.....

maybe next time.

For me I dream of the DENALI hyway.
Do or die 2013 for me....Gotta do it
That's definitely in the works. Soon, very soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Gus M.
Ducati Streetfighter-S 1098 | Ducati Streetfighter 848 (wife's)

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #293
Dieselpwr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dieselpwr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 385
Having sat on a streetfighter this weekend at the bike show NY, makes your trips even more impressive. I couldn't see myself riding that many miles on that bike. Also sat on the Panigale. Now that's a 30 minute at a time bike. I was so leaned forward that I thought the back wheel was on a stand.
__________________
2011 BMW R1200R Classic
Dieselpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #294
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GP1152's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselpwr View Post
Having sat on a streetfighter this weekend at the bike show NY, makes your trips even more impressive. I couldn't see myself riding that many miles on that bike. Also sat on the Panigale. Now that's a 30 minute at a time bike. I was so leaned forward that I thought the back wheel was on a stand.
Can't speak for the Panigale, but the SF really isn't bad. I'm not a giant, but I'm not short either. I'm 6'0 tall and around 170 lbs and to me it's fine. Once you get up to speed the wind does a nice job of taking pressure of the wrists too ;)
__________________
Gus M.
Ducati Streetfighter-S 1098 | Ducati Streetfighter 848 (wife's)

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #295
wldct69
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wldct69's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 174
Wow! Great ride report! Amazing pictures. I'm glad to see that all done on naked bikes too. I'm planning a short trip from Phoenix to Denver in March and its my first on my new bike. My last bike was a ST. Doing this trip on my KTM Superduke.
wldct69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #296
mcskeeto
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 41
i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldct69 View Post
Wow! Great ride report! Amazing pictures. I'm glad to see that all done on naked bikes too. I'm planning a short trip from Phoenix to Denver in March and its my first on my new bike. My last bike was a ST. Doing this trip on my KTM Superduke.
I rode 3500 miles around southern Europe in 17 days on a Superduke. Best blend of sport and comfort of any motorcycle I have ridden.
__________________
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R
2014 Ducati 899
2008 DUCATI 848-TRACK
2007 KTM SUPERDUKE-ROAD/2008 YAMAHA R6-TRACK
2012 KTM 350 EXC/2013 Honda CRF 250R
mcskeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #297
wldct69
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wldct69's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcskeeto View Post
i

I rode 3500 miles around southern Europe in 17 days on a Superduke. Best blend of sport and comfort of any motorcycle I have ridden.
Now that's good to hear! I know that the stock seat is as comfortable as they come. I can ride all day and I don't feel it in my behind. Do you have a RR and pics from that ride?
wldct69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #298
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GP1152's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldct69 View Post
Wow! Great ride report! Amazing pictures. I'm glad to see that all done on naked bikes too. I'm planning a short trip from Phoenix to Denver in March and its my first on my new bike. My last bike was a ST. Doing this trip on my KTM Superduke.
You'll love it. I know most people think touring on a naked bike isn't ideal, but to me it's like taking a trip in a Porsche, instead of an SUV. Sure one is more practical, but the other is a hell of a lot more fun!!
Good luck with your trip!! Be sure to post pics.
__________________
Gus M.
Ducati Streetfighter-S 1098 | Ducati Streetfighter 848 (wife's)

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #299
Cafe Racer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Cafe Racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: San Francisco, Ca USA
Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcskeeto View Post
i

I rode 3500 miles around southern Europe in 17 days on a Superduke. Best blend of sport and comfort of any motorcycle I have ridden.
Interesting how you mentioned the KTM SuperDuke. I just did a 1200+mile tour on mine. And this June I will be riding solo to Chicago. Its an amazing bike!

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...d.php?t=401395

Miguel
__________________
My exhaust must sound awesome when I pass you. Calspeed
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #300
mcskeeto
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldct69 View Post
Now that's good to hear! I know that the stock seat is as comfortable as they come. I can ride all day and I don't feel it in my behind. Do you have a RR and pics from that ride?
I haven't gotten around to writing it up yet. I have all the pics downloaded and ready to go. It was a phenomenal time.
__________________
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R
2014 Ducati 899
2008 DUCATI 848-TRACK
2007 KTM SUPERDUKE-ROAD/2008 YAMAHA R6-TRACK
2012 KTM 350 EXC/2013 Honda CRF 250R
mcskeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014