ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #8461
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefadv View Post
Sorry I missed you guys when in Wickenburg... Family stuff kept me busy most of the day....

aztom... sounds like a wild ride home, deep sand and snow/ice after a long day. Next time I can show you a easier route out Rincon back to Yarnell. Pretty good road most of the way.

Did take a li'l spin on Monday. Hooking-up a couple of trails from Congress to Alamo Lake Road. Really surprised to see some recent adventure bike tracks on those routes as they would not be easy for big bikes. Did not see any deep indentations in the sand so they must have know what they were doin' ! ! ! However I did see several places where cattle had wallowed in the sand. Perhaps there was a bike under all them cow-patties.

Hope to meet some of you next trip to Wickenburg.
A dirt route from Congress to Alamo Rd I have made many attemps to find but never any success? How? Where?. I have done a fairly easy trail from Wickenberg to Yarnell many times just took a wrong turn somewhere
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #8462
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Oddometer: 24,365
an oddball request

Does anyone here have an auto diagnostic scanner I could borrow?

I'm trying to pinpoint a misfire on my truck and don't want to be running around in circles having to nail down which cylinder it is.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #8463
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,839
Here's another Vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jidYEUeu8Yo
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #8464
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,799
cyberdos, i have one, kinda, its in my phone, if you wanna drive up here we can take a look.

nice little vids eddy

that bacon avatar looks pretty good, really, i can smell it, no, wait, i ate bacon earlier and just farted.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #8465
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath View Post
I think I found a new avatar for BigE.

S.C.
Or this one:
Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #8466
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post

Yes that is one way but there is a rather severe rock-garden along that route. Ok if you have some buddies along but not for a lone rider. There are also a couple of turns that if you miss'm you go into a locked gate near the Stanton Road.

These new fangled GPS and Map software use names that I have never heard of or do not match my memory... I've roamed this area for 34 years by Foot, Jeep, Mule-back, Quads and now with the XR. I can generally show ya where to go but don't ask me for a name as it Likely won't match your maps. Example; the first 25 years that I lived here what is now called Blue Tank Road was the Scenic Loop Road. What is now Scenic Loop Road used to be Moonlight Mesa Road. Sometimes it gets confusing for this O'l pea-brain to process.

When I'm making a quick run up to the Ranch House in Yarnell for some pancakes I go to the road, your map calls The Stanton Haul Road. It's graded about 1/2 way, only one gate, then you get into a rough area going to Angels Ranch Road that will slow ya down. Still the quickest route for me & my "100 degree day" Pancake run.
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #8467
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
A dirt route from Congress to Alamo Rd I have made many attemps to find but never any success? How? Where?. I have done a fairly easy trail from Wickenberg to Yarnell many times just took a wrong turn somewhere
aztom... I'll have to show you sometime. I made two trips just to be sure that the hwy 93 end & the hwy 71 ends do meet somewhere in the middle. That is why the surprise of the big bike tracks!
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #8468
Dillon@ZenMoto
falls down too much

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Does anyone here have an auto diagnostic scanner I could borrow?

I'm trying to pinpoint a misfire on my truck and don't want to be running around in circles having to nail down which cylinder it is.
I have one you can borrow, having a land rover you have to have a scanner, every other week it throws some code for the check engine light
Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #8469
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon@ZenMoto View Post
I have one you can borrow, having a land rover you have to have a scanner, every other week it throws some code for the check engine light

The perpetual Land Rover issues are notorious.

Is it a scanner or a reader? Because I need a scanner. The truck isn't throwing out a code. It has to do with the conditions of the misfire occurring when the EGR opens when overdrive kicks in. Once the parameters change the EGR closes and the computer doesn't record because the misfire goes away.

BTW, I need another Shorai. This time for the DRZ.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #8470
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

El Cheapo Trailero for Salero

Anyone need a cheap trailer?

I got this from our friend Kevin and I don't see myself using it anymore. It's not the prettiest thing to look at but it gets the job done. Will let it go cheap. Pm me if interested.

Bikes not included.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #8471
nochain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hey Cyber hows it going? I can attest to his trailer is hauled my bike and his just fine. Heck all I need is a truck and decide to keep my bike and I will buy it lol.
nochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #8472
nochain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
I have a new signature....

Cyber BTW that was the only off road ride I have done since we went out to Johnson Ranch.
nochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #8473
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochain View Post
I have a new signature....

Cyber BTW that was the only off road ride I have done since we went out to Johnson Ranch.
I haven't done many myself.
Broke as a joke.

Still plugging away at our debt. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel though. Just a few more months and we'll be good so I can go back to riding every weekend.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #8474
Yellowdatsun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpalump View Post
I've heard that BS before. The problem is that the trail gets very crowded at times forcing you to ride onto big loose rocks on the side of the trail. The big bikes weigh 400 lbs plus and don't like loose rocks on mountain hills. I imagine if you got to pick all of your lines it would be OK but the crowds force the big bikes off those rideable lines. That trail beats the rocker panels to death on un modified 4x4s so before some regular guy thinks his 1200/990 is going up it you have been warned.
Too bad it's crowded, and too bad it's been bladed. Back when we used to ride it we'd see *maybe* one or two vehicles the whole trip up. It was a trail that not many people went on. Was a great adventure with the MX bikes.
Yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #8475
DcboyRider
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Zen Moto

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the guys over at Zen Moto, Dillon was a big help when it came to wiring up my LED's that I picked up from him a few weeks ago. If you haven't made it buy there in a while swing buy and check out all the new products they have picked up. Seems like I get something new every time I just stop but to say hi. Thanks again guys!!! Josh
DcboyRider is offline   Reply With Quote