ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #16
svwayne
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
have you posted this over at georgia off road?
svwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #17
Bump Stop OP
2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer: 5,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112_2112 View Post
Do you have a picture to post of the trailer? Some way to identify compared to the hundreds of other trailers on the road?

I midified the trailer a quite a bit so it is easy to spot. it has a 2' reciever welded under the center rail and I have a 3'x2'x1.5' black plastic storage box that slides into it. It has a cut off axel welded to the front of the center rail with a complete hub assembly and spare tire. I also swapped to a larger axel with five lug wheels and larger 12 inch tires, I changed to round fenders that came white and the black paint that I sprayed on them is pealing off. the tail lights are very distinctive, there are 2 -2'' round leds on each side one is the marker and the other is the brake. the wood planks on the trailer are old and warped, that was the last thing I had to replace before I repainted it.

I wish I had some pictures but I don't think I do.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #18
Bump Stop OP
2 Wheeled Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWannaB View Post
Really sorry to hear about the theft. +1 on pics of trailer and or bikes. Would you mind telling us the circumstances around the theft? Was the trailer attached to your vehicle and they unhitched and hauled it away or was it parked and they took it when you were away? Your story might help someone else take steps to prevent a similar theft. I sure hope you get your rig back. I hate thieves.
it was locked onto my car in the parking lot of the hotel with good lighting and video cameras, they broke the lock. they got the trailer out of the lot without tripping the motion sensors so I don't have video of them but they went through other lots that might have spotted them.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
Bump Stop OP
2 Wheeled Drifter

If I get these back in reasonable condition, I got $500 for the person that finds them.

you will know the husky when you see it It, I've never seen another one with that sort of color scheme, but only a dummy would leave those plastics on it.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #20
WarriorDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
I'll keep my eyes open in Middle-TN . . . . .
Ditto in East TN
WarriorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #21
BarberPole
Short of the Clacker

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump Stop View Post
If I get these back in reasonable condition, I got $500 for the person that finds them.

you will know the husky when you see it It, I've never seen another one with that sort of color scheme, but only a dummy would leave those plastics on it.
Yeh, you didn't deserve this....................but the Lord works in mysterious ways........keep the faith.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #22
Mr_McBride
'The Cartographer'

Oddometer: 95
I'll keep an eye in my neck of the woods. However, I wouldn't dare take money from the victim of a crime like this.

You have my support for free...

2012 G-Strom
Mr_McBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #23
Captain ADHOS
ADHOS (oh shiny!)

Oddometer: 97
I will keep an eye out in South Carolina. Since we don't license trailers here, it's a popular place to sell stolen ones. If you have an ipad(or similar) download a Craigslist app that lets you search entire states or regions for a particular item quickly and easily. You can search every Craigslist ad in the entire southeast in minutes.

Best of luck, Captain Jeff