Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #16
joneswgareth OP
Welsh Rarebit

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTn50 View Post
When you headed down? My brother-in-law & I are heading down March 25th through April 15th

Hi there

Well leaving probably March 25th as well Heading back a week later though. but could still head down with you....are you riding down?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #17
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneswgareth View Post
Hey a local!!! Haha!

It's in March - Easter week. I'll be riding down - it's the noob rally in DV - even though I'm not a noob it looks like gun and I'm signed up to the tricky rides. Another SE nearby - we should meet up sometime for a rip
Hell yeah, let's get together for a ride once the snow is gone up high on the big island. Myself and 4 buddies are leaving for DV on the 22nd and riding from the 25th to the 29th, we cancelled plans for the rally as the rest of the boys want to hit Vegas instead. We're gonna set up a base camp at Panamint, look for the big red 4x4 van and come for a beer or 10.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
joneswgareth OP
Welsh Rarebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenickel View Post
Hell yeah, let's get together for a ride once the snow is gone up high on the big island. Myself and 4 buddies are leaving for DV on the 22nd and riding from the 25th to the 29th, we cancelled plans for the rally as the rest of the boys want to hit Vegas instead. We're gonna set up a base camp at Panamint, look for the big red 4x4 van and come for a beer or 10.
Sounds like a plan! I'll come visit when there . So you no riding with any of the groups? I fancy seeing the area and have signed up to a few of the advanced/intermediate rides. Planning on making the trip down as scenic as possible too - any tips before I plan it?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Sounds like a plan! I'll come visit when there . So you no riding with any of the groups? I fancy seeing the area and have signed up to a few of the advanced/intermediate rides. Planning on making the trip down as scenic as possible too - any tips before I plan it?
Nice, look forward to meeting you. We had this trip planned before we knew about the rally then found out about it but with trying to coordinate four guys schedules and wants the rally had to get axed so we'll just do our own thing. All I know is we're gonna hug the coast on the way down and bee line it on the way back. I'm obviously doing the unthinkable and hauling down, you riding down?

John

PG007
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,713
Did I miss it!!! Where are you getting your tires???
( I go through a lot of tires with 6 bikes on the go and I find DSP has a good price, great service and fast turn- around)
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #21
joneswgareth OP
Welsh Rarebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenickel View Post
Nice, look forward to meeting you. We had this trip planned before we knew about the rally then found out about it but with trying to coordinate four guys schedules and wants the rally had to get axed so we'll just do our own thing. All I know is we're gonna hug the coast on the way down and bee line it on the way back. I'm obviously doing the unthinkable and hauling down, you riding down?

John

SO you've been before to DV? What sort of riding will you be doing? Could always cancel some of the days rides and head out with you fellas.....

Yeah I'll be riding down - rude not to Mind you I've not been in Canada long (I'm a Brit) and I want to see the roads/scenery etc for the first time.

Gareth
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #22
joneswgareth OP
Welsh Rarebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Did I miss it!!! Where are you getting your tires???
( I go through a lot of tires with 6 bikes on the go and I find DSP has a good price, great service and fast turn- around)
Best price I can find is DSP - by quite a long way too. Not put the order in yet, but it is coming!

6 Bikes! i used to have 5 and thought that was enough!!! Only had 5 for a little while though. Had a KTM690 rally bike in the living room, a Duc 916 , Pan European, KTM Adventure and CB500 in the garage. Oh happy days! Movign to Canada meant selling up though.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #23
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
SO you've been before to DV? What sort of riding will you be doing? Could always cancel some of the days rides and head out with you fellas.....

Yeah I'll be riding down - rude not to Mind you I've not been in Canada long (I'm a Brit) and I want to see the roads/scenery etc for the first time.

Gareth

Shit no, never been before and we tend to plan poorly so we'll likely show up with a map and some gas and fly by the seat of our pants! Should make for a good time, the only thing confirmed so far is the camping at panamint for a few days before the rally, the rest is in the air.

I feel like a Harley guy for hauling to a ride, seems so wrong.

PG007
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #24
BTL
WINTER!! UGH!

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelvis_98 View Post
Not local for you, but i have been getting my tires here.

http://www.petes-superbike.com/index.php
+1 on that.
BTL is offline   Reply With Quote