User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #31
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,030
Leaving Kansas June 15th

Looking for a partner also. Want to camp as much as possible except when its raining hard. I have 30 days to make the trip and back. Lived in Alaska for about 8 years a decade ago and have driven it a couple of times but first time riding it. Want to go up through Montana way.....return way....?

PM if you have any interest and are somewhat stable.... or least chemically regulated well
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #32
dreamtour
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
I'm planning to ride to Alaska this June, Looking of partner to ride, I live in NH but can meet in Montana/ Alberta or British Colombia. PM me if interested.
dreamtour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
FastHotWheels
Chris Dempsey

Oddometer: 49
Livermore to AK July 2013

Plans are not totally firm yet, but likely leaving Livermore CA, for Anchorage July 6th or 7th Return trip leaving approximately the 23rd. solo at this stage but would be fun to link up with people along the way.
Have family in AK, and hoping for a Riding buddy to fly down and ride up with me if I can get him to ship his bike down.

RideAlaskaSolo.blogspot.com
RideCalifornia.blogspot.com
COBDR.blogspot.com
FastHotWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #34
NightProwler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Hi all

Planning on leaving ohio on june 29th to homer and back by July 31st . trip thru Bannf and Lake Louise . and a stop in homer for halibut fishing . Plan on camping most depending on how bad its raining . Solo for now unless someones interested ? alcan most of way up and cassier back down to glacier .
NightProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #35
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 905
Wicked

Anyone who get to around anchorage, hit me up. If available , I'm always down to ride.

:)

Few more weeks ... 7 weeks till April !!

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #36
Charleetho
Mr. Zoom Zoom

Oddometer: 1,589
I'm in Parker Colorado, Plan in leaving June 23 and returning July 14ish. Three weeks. Although i have the vacation time banked I think my work place would appreciate me not being gone more then 3 weeks.

So far I am looking for somebody else to go with.

Plan on camping and hoteling it when I need a nice shower and soft bed. Ride a R1200GS. Also would like to check into the ferry ride through the NW passage.

{Edit} reading the D2D thread I may have to leave earlier. Looks like fun.
2012 FJR1300, 05 R1200GS, 99 ATK490, 1993 Ducati 900SS, (must stop looking in Flea Market!)

Charleetho screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 11:26 PM
Charleetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #37
Jonasjapan
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Central-Cal to Alaska

I plan on making the trip this summer, my friend from Denmark is trying join me but I am researching how to get him a bike and all the paperwork required to make the border crossings on a rental. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Also if he cant make it I would be willing to meet up with another inmate who is looking for a partner. I ride an F800 and live in the central valley of California and I would be able to travel for three weeks starting after the 20th June. PM me if you can help or are interested.
Jonasjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #38
EvilEagle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Another solo rider

I'm looking to leave New Orleans on/about 31 May. I need to be in Anchorage on 16 June for 2 weeks of work. I'd be interested in teaming up with anyone around that same timeframe - at least for a day or two. '07 R1200GSA
EvilEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #39
oscar23
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Road Adventure

All of these posts sound pretty awesome, just wish I had the time-
Great picture bwanajames -
You guys might want to check out the adv rider tents for a place to shower and crash along your journey - Be safe and enjoy
Maybe next year I will get a chance
oscar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #40
bwanajames
RS, GS & BS

Oddometer: 13
Thumb ADV Tent Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar23 View Post
All of these posts sound pretty awesome, just wish I had the time-
Great picture bwanajames -
You guys might want to check out the adv rider tents for a place to shower and crash along your journey - Be safe and enjoy
Maybe next year I will get a chance

Thanks for the kinds words. Colorado is indeed a fine place to live. Excellent suggestion about the ADV Tentspace. I'd only recently discovered it myself. In addition to saving a few bucks, it would surely be a way to meet some exceptional people - which could well enhance the journey itself.
Here is the link: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776925

'00 BMW R1150GS
'00 BMW R1100RS

bwanajames screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 09:21 PM Reason: Forgot the freakin' title...
bwanajames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #41
bigphish
Curiously Satisfying

Oddometer: 386
Hey all,
Looks like Kag and I will meet up somewhere in Montana June 9th and leave for SW Alaska the 10th Plan on catching the June 20th ferry from Haines to Prince Rupert and a ride back through B.C.

94 CB 1000 " Big One "
K7 DL 1000
bigphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #42
Git 'R Done
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Leaving Chicago area on June 10th or 11th..... Solo... Always welcome someone to ride with....
Git 'R Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #43
PhotoMotoAdv
PhotoGuy

Oddometer: 92
It looks like it will be a traffic jam indeed... I'm leaving Weston, Fl (near Ft Lauderdale) on June 23rd, planning to take 8 or 9 weeks to do the whole trip. I'm riding a 1200 GSA and decided to go solo, mainly because I'm a photographer and one of the ideas is to come back with enough photos for a possible book, and I want to feel free to stop at anytime without being a PIA for fellow riders. In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to meet at least a few inmates along the road and ride some nice roads together (until I stop for the inevitable photo op).

I haven't camped in over 30 years, so even though the plan is to camp as much as I can, it will really depend on how much cursing it will take to set up camp every night.

As for the route: from FL straight to MT, as fast as I can. From there to Calgary, Banff and the Yukon via the north route (Watson Lake, Faro, Dawson City), up to Inuvik. After Fairbanks, Prudhoe Bay (the Dempster and the Dalton are the ones I'm really looking for), Anchorage and the southern part of Alaska (Seward, Homer, Valdez), and then down via the Cassiar to Prince George, Vancouver and Seattle . The way back home is via UT, CO, TX, LA and home by mid/end August. Wish I could leave now...
PhotoMotoAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #44
prsdrat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncrawler View Post
Thanks Mark - t's bookmarked!

My ex relocated to Anchorage last Feb and she raved about the cruise...even in winter.

Great info...

Mike
Just to be clear, your EX recommended Alaska in winter? Sounds more like
revenge to me!

On another note, I was planning on THE ALASKA TRIP this summer, but
damned if it doesn't look crowded.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #45
InDenial
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Me too, I'll bet every motorcycle I see will be a member of this site!!!
InDenial is offline   Reply With Quote