Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2007, 07:03 AM   #76
BeccaA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Oh boy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehatcher

Uh-Oh! I knew we should have bought those barkbusters right away!

That looks familiar... Great bike!

BeccaA screwed with this post 02-27-2007 at 07:18 AM
BeccaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #77
Broken Wings
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
New Levers

Are those the new two finger levers that Yamaha just came out with?...Smiles
Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #78
ADVcat OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerDJ
"welcome to the best love affair of your life"
Truckers,
WOW! A congrats all the way from Australia! Sorry if this seems a little corny. This was my first post on ADV and was not expecting all the great advice and support. It's been a great experience. I do hope this new "love affair" will last a long time! Thank you ALL for taking the time to put your 2 cents in on the thread. It was greatly appreciated. Its been fun and enlightning. Look for me in the future, because I'm sure I am going to need advice on my 2nd bike!!! (Hope Eric doesnt read this) Safe and happy riding to all my fellow riders!!

Deb(ADVcat)
ADVcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #79
ADVcat OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkb
That looks familiar... Great bike!
bkb,
The other picture you didnt see was, not even 10 min later, I went down again and broke the brake lever. I promised Eric I wouldnt cry the first time I dropped the bike; and I didnt. I said a few choice words and got back on the saddle. Keeping the broken piece as memorabelia. Glad I could bring back memories.

Deb
Old 02-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #80
ADVcat OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum
Im not sure I'm brave enough to ride in snow!
Tantrum,
Your just smarter than me, by NOT riding in the snow. It has not been easy. The snow has already cost me a brake lever. If i wait for nice wheather, it won't be until May. I guess I 'll take my chances in the snow to get as much seat time as I can. Happy riding.

Deb
Old 02-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #81
ADVcat OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings
Are those the new two finger levers that Yamaha just came out with?...Smiles
Actually I just created the "1" finger brake lever for Yamaha, (I'm still waiting for the patend release ) 10 mins after the 2 finger was created. I fell a second time and broke the lever . (Now give me a little credit on this. I was riding in the snow when this all happend) Hopefully I wont have too many more oops see doos.

Deb
Old 02-28-2007, 05:18 AM   #82
BeccaA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Yup..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVcat
Glad I could bring back memories.
They aren't very distant memories either! I've replaced both levers, but my boyfriend gets to share part of the glory, as it was him (and his bike) toppling over on me that caused a very rapid series of events ultimately ending in the brake lever's demise. This was about 100 feet down my first ever dirt trail, and effectively ended my riding for the day! (I was not laughing at the time.)

Broken levers aside, it sounds like you're having as much fun as I am. Enjoy!!

BeccaA screwed with this post 02-28-2007 at 10:18 AM
BeccaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #83
Python423
TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer: 1,273
Wife loves her DR200, she's short also.. 5"4 I think, and we had to soften th suspension up so she could touch comfortably.. I was thinking the TW200 might be lower, but after sitting on them at Atlanta motorcycle show, she coudln't tell any difference, and she sat on the XT225 right next to it, and liked the XT225 feel better.. But around same as DR200.. 225 little bigger motor, so might be worth it? but we have the DR200 already, and is solid dual sport bike in my opinion.

Python423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #84
Keithert
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Trying to make this decision too. I will read the thread. Replying so it shows up in my Tapatalk participated list.
Keithert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #85
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Decision on an XT,TW or what?. Talk to us.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #86
Keithert
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Decision on an XT,TW or what?. Talk to us.
Looking for a 200-250 class dual sport for under $2000. Considering TW200 and XT225 mostly but not counting anything out. Even (cautiously) considering new Chinese bikes. I've ridden the TW and XT as a motorcycle safety instructor but never had one offroad or at high speed. I like how the TW handles on pavement. In the classes they were good bikes to do the figure 8 on. Slightly leaning toward the XT225 because of the sixth gear and slightly larger engine.

I'll use it offroad on power line trails with adjacent wooded sections. This is to complement my Honda 4x4 ATV and have another offroad capable machine so my wife can join my son and I.

I'd also like to be able to commute with it. My commute is 30 miles and can either be mostly expressway or all surface streets. I know this type of bike will do better on the surface streets.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #87
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithert View Post
Looking for a 200-250 class dual sport for under $2000. Considering TW200 and XT225 mostly but not counting anything out. Even (cautiously) considering new Chinese bikes. I've ridden the TW and XT as a motorcycle safety instructor but never had one offroad or at high speed. I like how the TW handles on pavement. In the classes they were good bikes to do the figure 8 on. Slightly leaning toward the XT225 because of the sixth gear and slightly larger engine.

I'll use it offroad on power line trails with adjacent wooded sections. This is to complement my Honda 4x4 ATV and have another offroad capable machine so my wife can join my son and I.

I'd also like to be able to commute with it. My commute is 30 miles and can either be mostly expressway or all surface streets. I know this type of bike will do better on the surface streets.
Your last sentence....your referring to the xt225 right.TW does well on the back-roads....55 mph--60 mph no problems!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #88
Keithert
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Your last sentence....your referring to the xt225 right.TW does well on the back-roads....55 mph--60 mph no problems!.
I meant any of them would be ok for non expressway rides. I bought a2005 xt225 this week.
1998 Ural Deco
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #89
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithert View Post

Have ridden both. TW's a cool bike. Climbs like a billy goat but the fat front tire tends to wash on the dirt/gravel roads. No 'bite'.

XT225 is a solid choice.

Welcome to 2007.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #90
sigpe57
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
TW200 fat tire vs. XT225 skinny tire. What's the different application for the different tire width?
sigpe57 is offline   Reply With Quote