ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
Mercury264 OP
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,995
Bike Shop/Mechanic Wanted MA/NH

As per the title, looking for a GOOD bike shop/mechanic to work on my Husky. I have a rattle in there somewhere (starts OK, but rattles like mad) and I neither the skills or the tools to go looking to see what it is - it's not FI so I have to believe any competent mechanic should be able to work on it . Happy to truck it anywhere within reasonable distance of Metro West MA.

I want someone who is RELIABLE - I have no issue paying good money for good work but I am sick and tired of paying someone to do a sloppy job.



Cheers
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,974
I service all my own chainsaws, I can help you out. Bring it up.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide
 
henrymartin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: South of the Great North Woods
Oddometer: 3,470
The only Husky guy I know of is no longer independent (used to be) but now works out of a dealership in Keene, NH. Has been dealing with Huskies for years in his prior place, and rides/races himself.
His name is Aaron, 603-354-7740. I don't have a clue what the shop charges per hour as I don't use them for anything except parts, tires, and occasional balance/mount when I buy something too stubborn for an 8" tire iron , but whenever I have something I can;t figure out on an old bike (he likes those too), he has the answer.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...
 
bobnoxious67's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Marion, MA
Oddometer: 2,445
PM me...I may be talked into venturing into the motorcycle/ATV repair & modification business (I have been thinking about it to supplement my Off Road business, Bay State Off Road on FaceBook).

I am a skilled master mechanic and fabricator. I wouldn't be offering if I wasn't completely confident in my abilities
__________________
"turn it on man, turn it on-whatever, whoever you are-TURN THE FAWKER ON!" -Herbert Foster Gunnison
00 KTM 640 ADV
01 Girlie
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
21zulu
not all there
 
21zulu's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: W mass!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oddometer: 1,141
pm sent....
__________________
98 superhawk + dirt roads=
21zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21zulu View Post
pm sent....
I like this guy.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
Mercury264 OP
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I service all my own chainsaws, I can help you out. Bring it up.
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
Mercury264 OP
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymartin View Post
The only Husky guy I know of is no longer independent (used to be) but now works out of a dealership in Keene, NH. Has been dealing with Huskies for years in his prior place, and rides/races himself.
His name is Aaron, 603-354-7740. I don't have a clue what the shop charges per hour as I don't use them for anything except parts, tires, and occasional balance/mount when I buy something too stubborn for an 8" tire iron , but whenever I have something I can;t figure out on an old bike (he likes those too), he has the answer.
Thanks
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
Mercury264 OP
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
PM me...I may be talked into venturing into the motorcycle/ATV repair & modification business (I have been thinking about it to supplement my Off Road business, Bay State Off Road on FaceBook).

I am a skilled master mechanic and fabricator. I wouldn't be offering if I wasn't completely confident in my abilities
PM Sent
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014