Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
HeyWhatever OP
HTFU !

Oddometer: 229
MUCH closer to making this trip a reality today! I OWE NOTHING in Federal or State taxes! Yeeehaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #17
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,651
Quote:
Anyone who can give me a hint how to get these to load automatically, the help would be much appreciated!!!
To load photos automatically you have to use "IMG" tags on both sides of the internet address for the online location of the photo. start the IMG tag with [IMG] and after the full internet address for the photo close the image tag with [/IMG]

This site will do it automatically for you. You need to copy the image address to your clipboard (right click on the image in smugmug then click on "copy image address") then go the the reply box on ADV and click the yellow icon with the mountain in it (it's over the white box where you type in your response). When the new window pops up, paste the image address location (Ctrl V) into the white area for the text in same new window. Hit enter and the image is added to your reply with the "IMG" tags in place on both sides. If you preview the reply your image should open automatically.

Like so..... Please PM me if you need further guidance.

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #18
Lounge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
http://www.coloradodot.info/travel/scenic-byways

You can easily spend three weeks exploring Colorado - Independence Pass, US Route 550, and on, and on, and on....
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #19
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict

Oddometer: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
To load photos automatically you have to use "IMG" tags on both sides of the internet address for the online location of the photo. start the IMG tag with [IMG] and after the full internet address for the photo close the image tag with [/IMG]

This site will do it automatically for you. You need to copy the image address to your clipboard (right click on the image in smugmug then click on "copy image address") then go the the reply box on ADV and click the yellow icon with the mountain in it (it's over the white box where you type in your response). When the new window pops up, paste the image address location (Ctrl V) into the white area for the text in same new window. Hit enter and the image is added to your reply with the "IMG" tags in place on both sides. If you preview the reply your image should open automatically.

Like so..... Please PM me if you need further guidance.

You just gave me a direction in the west. i was just going to wing it and plan daily to work towards a few neat places. I.think I'm going to plan the coast to coast trip around this.

G your awesome!

Something yellow this way comes
Jrjoyce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
HeyWhatever OP
HTFU !

Thank you guys!

One reason I am doing the trip planning is that I was laid off in December of 2010. I took a ten week trip January to March of 2011 while I made a move from Wisconsin to North Carolina.

I have had well over forty interviews in the last two years. (I am NOT exagerating either). It has been extremely frustrating. I try not to get my hopes up for interviews, but I still do anyhow.

This last rejection was really painful as it was for the PERFECT job for me... field work 80% of the time. Planning a trip keeps me from going completely insane... which I still feel I do on certain days...

I figure... FUCK IT... life is too short to be totally miserable. I am looking at a graduate shcool program I would need to be back for by August 15th.

IF I can take three or four months to hit up the majority of the places I haven't seen out west... that would be completely awesome. The trip I took in 2011 was one of the best things I have ever done...

Here is a link to that trip on badweatherbikers. You have to go to the main page and then start at the bottom of the "Archives" and work your way up to look at it in order.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1345944148

Any and all help is appreciated.

While I feel in a way I am over planning... I probably won't get a GPS or make any reservations for accomodations... leaving plenty of time to ramble around and check all the cool things out!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #21
HeyWhatever OP
HTFU !

Will be out of my lease March 31st...

Closer to the reality of 3 to 6 months on the road...

Starting in mid April!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,408
I did a spring trip to CO and UT one year, early may. it snowed every day in CO, with some passes closed. Utah was fine, sunny and 70 everyday, but it was still winter in CO.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
HeyWhatever OP
HTFU !

The current idea is to leave central NC the 15th... we have a Dragon rally I will be at the 15 to 20th... then I will probably head out to Albuquerque... or hang out with my friends in Texas...

I have spent a lot of time in Arizona and New Mexico... so I will play the weather by ear. There is a big pow wow in Albuquerque I want to hit the 25th through 30th.

Will see how it goes...
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #24
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict

Whatever,

I'll keep you posted on conditions and whats good and whats bad. Im headed out that way to play for a month march 13. :)

Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #25
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
If you make it into BC don't miss out on the Cassier Highway, #37...it goes dirrectly north from #16 and ends at the top of BC and from there you are a day's ride from Dawson City.....research the D2D, June 20-21 timespan so to speak where 300plus riders from all over the world merged for a weeks of shooting the breeze and exploring the local scenery. Think the Dempster to the top of Canada....the mnost scenic of the top bucket list destinations in the far north.

Just a thought for you to concider...seeing as you have so much time to ride with. Well worth the ride as they say! Then search out Telegaph Creek, Salmon Glacier, Hyder/Steward bear salmon fishing, late July.

There is so much to see and o in the far north and well worth the time to get there. Once the far north gets under your skin, you can't ignor it......I've been twice now and I live an hour north of Toronto.......so you see, it's not a hop skip and jump for me either.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #26
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict

Noted! Thanks for the intel! If I'm still on the road that late, I'll see if I can't make it up there

Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #27
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Heywhatever - As folks have said - start south. It can still be winter up here in April. If you stay south of I-70 (or draw a line across about the 40th parallel) you should be OK (generally) weatherwise in spring - except at elevation (6,000ft +) Southern Ariz, Utah, Nev & Calif deserts would be ideal then - later (by May) things start to really heat up - thats when you go north. You have a HUGE advantage here...you're not on a set schedule!! So will be hard to have a bad trip. We may have a late winter, or an early / mild spring - who knows - but either way you're in the "cat bird seat" because you can go wherever / whenever, whatever. Have fun - you got a good attitude too - so certain to have a great adventure. Someday when your stuck at work (and that WILL happen) and paying a mortgage, yadda yadda - you'll reflect back & treasure this trip. Who knows where this road leads... Go for it! j
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #28
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
PS: If you've never seen the So Utah Canyon lands - Late March - April is perfect. I've been on every continent except Antarctic - This is some of THE most spectacular scenery on the planet...& lots of it. Good luck!
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
HeyWhatever OP
HTFU !

Willys... is the D2D in Dawson City posted on-line somewhere?

I am looking for a handsome European prince that wants to pay my way across the world ADV riding...

Ha! I wish I could afford the 700GS and the trip, but it looks to be one or the other right now...

April 15th seems so far away, but I know that the "tying up loose ends" phase will be busy.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #30
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
Go to the regioal section and go to the Alaska section and it is stickied there and there is plenty of info all about it.
It is a fantastic time with hundreds of like minded folks from all around the world all in one small Gold Rush town to enjoy the scenery and each other's company and stories.
As the saying goes"It's worth the ride" A must do if you have adventure in your blood.....IMHO!