ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
clint64 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Triumph Dealers in the Southeast

I have decided it is time to move on from my current BMW K1200s and after much research decided on the Triumph Tiger 800. I live in metro Atlanta and there are 3 local Triumph Dealers with 2 appearing to be owned by the same group. I would like to get some input concerning the best dealers within the region ( GA, SC, NC, or AL) to 1) purchase the bike from and 2) to get serviced when required. Thanks in advance for all you help.

Clint
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
brakedw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
The dealership in Greenville SC is excellent. (Bmw,triumph,Ducati). They are friendly easy to work with and very responsive. Small but i think that helps their customer service Touring Sport is the name

Daniel (no affiliation other than satisfied customer)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1431+L...ville+SC+29607
tel:864-232-2269
brakedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
clint64 OP
Adventurer

Thanks Daniel, I will give the a call. I purchased an Aprilia Futura from them and you are right, their customer service was great.

Clint
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 554
http://www.allsportinc.com/
Allsport, my local dealer, Decatur, AL. good customer service, but I am a long time customer also. I have always had good luck with their service department's work, but not the fastest turnaround time. If you call ask for Dean, tell him the zuma/harley rider referred you or pm me and I will give you my name.
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,873
Freedom Powersports in Kennesaw is where I have bought my last two Triumphs. Nice dealership. I dealt with Oly but I don't think he is there anymore. Roger is a nice guy and I would deal with him. Tell him Tommy sent you.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
clint64 OP
Adventurer

Thank you both for your suggestion. I went by Freedom in Lawrenceville last Saturday. Now I just need to get my bike serviced and sold where the real search can begin.

Clint
Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #7
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,900
Truely, Trumpets are reliable enough that the service a dealer provides is not really an issue. If you can change your own oil there is not much reason to visit after the sale.
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
clint64 OP
Adventurer

Thanks Yankee Dog. I am pretty good with the service myself. On my previous Aprilia I serviced everything but the valve checks.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
LookoutMountainTiger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Same as YankeeDog, I have owned several of the Hinckley Triumphs, 06 Tiger and 3 Bonnie variants, and have not had a single problem. Change the oil and adjust the chain.
LookoutMountainTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 733
bought my wifes Street Triple R at Freewheeling in Douglasville. pretty simple transaction and good to deal with. I had some experience with PS of Greenville but Freewheelin' had her color in stock. Didn't realize that Touring Sport had gotten triumph, so IMHO it's hard to beat them even with Joey and Frank being gone.
SpeedyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
Mossy_Crk
Fallen over

Oddometer: 649
If you are willing to inch into Chattanooga, TN, I'd recommend Pandora. http://www.pandorasmotorsports.com
Mossy_Crk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
vtecal
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Purchased my Explorer @ super street custom cycles, Ringgold, GA. Good experience so far.
vtecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecal View Post
Purchased my Explorer @ super street custom cycles, Ringgold, GA. Good experience so far.
I would not recommend going back there for service. Bought my Tiger from Pandora's and if it needs work, that's where I'm gonna take it. So far all it has needed is gas, tires, and oil.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #14
SthrnRomr
Southern Roamer

Oddometer: 23
Ridge Motorsports - Bastesburg, SC

Ridge Motorsports in Batesburg, SC may be too far for ya, but I can tell you the owner (Jeff) and the service people there are top notch. They eat, sleep and breathe Triumph. I have had a few great experiences there and they are top notch people. If anyone is ever in the area, I encourage you to check them out.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
vtecal
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
I would not recommend going back there for service. Bought my Tiger from Pandora's and if it needs work, that's where I'm gonna take it. So far all it has needed is gas, tires, and oil.
Did you have a bad service experience with them or high prices or both?
vtecal is offline   Reply With Quote