ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
4-s-hsky OP
Just a simple farmer

Oddometer: 117
Sabula Iowa track

Iowa. Turns out it’s not just all silo’s and cornfields. Here is a track derived from a few of my favorite back roads utilized by Chad’s TWAT and Great River Gravel Ride routes as well as some of Craig’s Jackson County IA ride. This is best suited for bigger bikes as I substituted sporty pavement in many spots in an attempt to time and distance manage the track into a weekend. There are many gravel roads though and when you ride a motorcycle in Jackson County a Level B road excursion is required. That’s a State law man; right next to one that say’s when they sell you a gallon can of paint they have to give you a wooden stir stick. I swear, look it up. The main track was laid out counterclockwise, starts/ends in Sabula IA and is 365 miles in length. Because the Cassville Ferry is utilized I have included an Illinois option to stay on the East side of the Mississippi River if the ferry is not operating. Always check the schedule before you make the trip as river conditions change. http://www.cassville.org/rates%20and%20schedule.htm All motorcycles like a boat ride. The Illinois/Wisconsin option makes a quick pavement run to Cassville to allow time for a Potosi Brewing Co. tour and sampling. Just a suggestion, not advocating a blend of alcohol consumption and motorcycle operation mind you. There are numerous camp and lodging opportunities along the way. Ferryville WI is a nice midpoint with two mom and pop hotels or camping along the river in the city’s park. The views at the Lansing overlook, Pikes Peak State Park and the Saint Donatus Churches are on my list of must see treasures. Savanna IL has camp/lodging options if you need to arrive the night before and the trip over the steel grated Savanna/Sabula Bridge is always a treat on a dew heavy morning. Sorry, no pictures yet as I am usually trying to squeeze this in a day run from my place. I will include a link from another server but give the file attachment download a try, it just may work. This is just my twisted idea of fun; I’m sure you can improve upon it and please, as always, ride safely.
Here is a file link from another source
Attached Files
File Type: gpx SabulaIA.gpx (146.8 KB, 91 views)
4-s-hsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 8,642
anotherr gem, I'm certain . . . . . . . .

spring training starts in three week, which means we should be comfortably riding in 5!
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote