Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
Why is there no larger footprint stand for the F658 GS lowered ? Is there some reason why? There is also no centerstand for the F658, as claimed it interferes w/ cornering of the bike, all seems wrong to me maybe you guys have some answers,

BTW love my bash plate and get a lot of complements from the F 658/700/800 GS community, just wish it had come w/ several more MOD decals ---can never have two many---
Hey BELSTAFF,

A valid question! We just haven't gotten around to it yet and while looking at that version I did notice that it's bigger than the one on the standard height bikes . I never calculated the surface area of it but I suppose it's still needed?

Glad to hear you're liking your bash plate --thanks!!

As for stickers just PM or email me!! We just got more and I know some were wanting them and they never got mailed, so let me know!!

Cheers,

Dave

www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
Hey Snowhawk jockey!

Great to meet you too and thanks for your help at the show!!
Hmm when we go riding some day I'm going to have my work cut out for me keeping up to your KTM 950 dirt drifter
>snip<

Dave

Don't worry, I am usually the sweep rider when there are visiting dignitaries on the ride...
Otherwise, it'd be a dust wall for the rest of the group, that day!
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #18
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels

SHOW SPECIAL!!
We just got another run of our BMW F800 GS and F700/F650 GS Side Stand Feet done so we're going to do the same special as last year!!

There are two versions available:

1. BMW F800 GS -all years (not factory lowered) will also fit the 2013 Husqvarna TR650 Terra and Strada *you may have to touch up the corners of the side stand on the bike a tiny bit with a file.

2. BMW F700GS/F650 GS (twin -not lowered) -all years

They share the same features and shape specifically designed not to impede the raising and lowering of the side stand (NO counter leaning!!) and the footprint is 2.5x the size of the stock foot.

-CNC machined from 6061 Alu.
-come with stainless steel patented Disc-Lock (r) washers and stainless steel bolts. Disc-Lock (r) washers actually mechanically lock and are true locking washers. The only ones recognized by the US Military as such.
-Black HARD anodized. 2x the thickness of standard anodizing
-we have had nothing but rave reviews on them!

Here's the entire thread if you want to read about the development (and feedback) of them:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646701

We are going to have these on special at the Vancouver Moto Show but some (most?!) of you won't be there so if you are experiencing some "it's January and I can't ride my bike at all/much (for some anyhow) but I want something neat for it but I don't have any money" Then we'll have a special for you too!

They will be on for $30.00 CAD instead of $35.83 CAD after tax (12% here) at the show and for anybody else; $30.00 CAD and free shipping ANYWHERE in the world (errr if the post goes there that is...so not if you're in the middle of a trip in the Sahara!).

This will be on for a limited time only starting now and we'll be out at the show from Wednesday January 16th. thru to Sunday January 20. The special will go until the end of January and we don't have thousands of them so be quick!

We bill via PayPal. You may use any credit card, no PayPal account needed. Email us at sales(at)motooverland(dot)com if you're interested.

We'll also have info on the 2013 Rocky Mountain GS Challenge! It's August 16-18th. this year. This is the only one in Western Canada so it's your chance to get into the big one! I've been to the first one they held @ Rocky Mountain House, AB so feel free to ask questions.

More news to come!!

Thanks for checking it out!

Dave
Last day of the Show Special on the SSF's!!

Please note that the F800 GS version will fit on the Husqvarna TR650 Terra and Strada BUT you may have to touch up the corners of the side stand on the bike a tiny bit with a file. I've gotten them to fit on sometimes without doing anything and sometimes it needs a touch up.

Thanks!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote