Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #826
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon View Post
I wonder if he will go the way of offroad-Not 110% all of the time and Mike Brown and others seem to be doing rather well...I would like to see him ride more perhaps just not MX

Im guessing KW14 will end up in GNCC and endurocross. Shoot he almost had a GNCC race on his ranch several years ago. Plus I am fairly certain Geico honda has a GNCC team. His smooth style would do well in the woods.
Rider_WV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #827
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
Im guessing KW14 will end up in GNCC and endurocross. Shoot he almost had a GNCC race on his ranch several years ago. Plus I am fairly certain Geico honda has a GNCC team. His smooth style would do well in the woods.

Nah, I think he's tired of getting hurt. I say his riding career is done.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #828
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Nah, I think he's tired of getting hurt. I say his riding career is done.
Reed should hire him to manage the 22 team. Frees him up, Kdub has good relations with Honda, good PR skills, good rep. Be an asset.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #829
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,837
Is Stewart going to continue to race on a torn ACL? Is his ACL really torn? Makes me wonder, if his ACL is truly torn then he is just begging for a career ending injury, or is his career already ended?

What are we going to see from him in Oakland?

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #830
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
What are we going to see from him in Oakland?

A repeat of last year.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #831
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,433
People around here crack me up.

RV had 2 tough rounds, one which turned out ok and one which did not, and one win on the season and people are ready to annoint him the new champ before the other 14 rounds are run.

And then there is Stewart. People have been bitching for years that he doesn't finish a championship but this year he has a knee serious knee injury and commits to finish the series anyway, and you guys continue to hack on him for that.

I want to see Stewart get healthier and faster as the year goes on, just to make some of you look as ridiculous as you sound.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #832
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,100
Short on new team L&Mc closes shop for now

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/su...out-of-racing/

the industry is shooting itself...

Jeff Ward racing earlier in the week and I heard JDR too...
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .

wrk2surf screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 01:45 PM
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #833
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post

RV had 2 tough rounds, one which turned out ok and one which did not, and one win on the season and people are ready to annoint him the new champ before the other 14 rounds are run.

And then there is Stewart. People have been bitching for years that he doesn't finish a championship but this year he has a knee serious knee injury and commits to finish the series anyway, and you guys continue to hack on him for that.

I want to see Stewart get healthier and faster as the year goes on, just to make some of you look as ridiculous as you sound.
I don't think any of us want Stewart out for the season, atleast I don't.... but its looking like a repeat of the last few years.... he's already injured, and if it is his ACL, I don't think those get better without surgery (could be wrong on that). He wasn't very effective last weekend, and it seems like he loses interest if he's not running at the front, so I just wonder how many more races before he calls it quits for the year. I hope it doesn't happen because I still want to see him and RV battle it out for fastest rider... we've all been waiting to see that battle, but it has just never transpired.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #834
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,183
Quote:

Do you remember who won Oakland last year?

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #835
Hetzel88
cycles is a mean toy

Oddometer: 165
Quote:

So do I. Stewart is an animal when healthy. Barcia at this point is a question mark. I like Canard a lot. Reed may be too old. Milsaps is doubtful for me. RV still looks to be the best of the lot. What your prediction or do you just wait until the end to say I told you so?
Hetzel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #836
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
I don't think any of us want Stewart out for the season, atleast I don't.... but its looking like a repeat of the last few years.... he's already injured, and if it is his ACL, I don't think those get better without surgery (could be wrong on that). He wasn't very effective last weekend, and it seems like he loses interest if he's not running at the front, so I just wonder how many more races before he calls it quits for the year. I hope it doesn't happen because I still want to see him and RV battle it out for fastest rider... we've all been waiting to see that battle, but it has just never transpired.
Exactly, not running Stewart down, just that I heard they thought his ACL was torn a week or so ago, those do not get better without surgery, if he puts that leg down a little too hard somewhere he's going to be though for a long time. If he gets it fixed quick he may be back for the outdoors.

Other wise he rides hurt protecting his knee and circulates in the bottom 15, I don't think anyone wants to watch that.

Check his website, nothing about an injury anymore, just that he had bad racing luck in Phoenix.

Shawnee Bill screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 06:13 PM
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #837
ADK OP
____

Oddometer: 8,052
Just my w.a.g. but I think JS is just going to race enough to fulfill his contract, then drop out.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #838
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,132
Its painful to see Bubbas long painful slide. I think most people liked him until he became a wanabe reality TV star. He rode over his head to win and paid for it with injuries. Time to move on.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #839
e.t.
Certified User

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Just my w.a.g. but I think JS is just going to race enough to fulfill his contract, then drop out.
The great ones contend for a title. The good ones contend for second and third
e.t. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #840
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
If he gets it fixed quick he may be back for the outdoors.
I'll be flabbergasted if Stewart ever competes in an outdoor event again.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote