ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #15211
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin injin View Post
The sun is out.... she passed the test.

Your all bad ass until they notice your gun is not loaded
No mag in the last pic, I do like that digital camo thing going on.
I did my best to shoot around that. Still have some editting to do before I send them off to the band though.

The gun was unloaded on purpose though. Some people have issues working around loaded weapons. And in that part of Hampton, I wasn't willing to take a chance with it, in case someone happened to see the shoot going on.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #15212
MooseKiller
Tripod

Oddometer: 4,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
For a counselor I saw the VA in the Richmond. Roanoke and in WVA somewhere were looking for social worker medical type. This was on USAjobs. if she would take a job with Uncle. WVA and Roanoke are colder in the winter. But not as hot and humid as Tidewater.

Neither of us are opposed to finding federal work. I used to work for DPRO Pratt & Whitney way back in the day as an intern, and I love being around the technology. Wife is looking to move more into a research roll... She did find an open research position and is considering putting in for it.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #15213
screamin injin
FUBAR

Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakKrauStudios View Post
I did my best to shoot around that. Still have some editting to do before I send them off to the band though.

The gun was unloaded on purpose though. Some people have issues working around loaded weapons. And in that part of Hampton, I wasn't willing to take a chance with it, in case someone happened to see the shoot going on.
I figured, wouldn't want her to point it at you while you were "shooting" her
screamin injin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #15214
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:

Could have shot the picture with an unloaded magazine.
Cool pic, btw!

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #15215
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Could have shot the picture with an unloaded magazine.
Cool pic, btw!
Ah yes, but then think of the explaining I'd have to do to convince everyone it wasn't loaded.

Damned if you do...

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #15216
APJ757
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseKiller View Post
Greetings everyone!

So, the wife and I are getting tired of the long, dark, cold winters, and are looking to head back to the 'real world'... We had been looking at the Spokane, WA area, but just aren't seeing the job prospects we hoped for. So, we are giving some consideration to the greater Norfolk area and thought I would troll around here for some advice and suggestions. Pros/cons, good/bad/ugly, jobs/housing/traffic, etc... Just anything anyone might care to share.

Thread has been subscribed to, and I appreciate the comments!
Ill jump in on housing,, Only because I'm in the Middle of Moving from Virginia Beach to Chesapeake, the Housing market is really good for Buyers at the Moment, I had a List of things I wouldn't go without in a house, and then a list of things that would be "Nice" to have, now let it be known it wasn't easy,, literally went and saw about 50 houses and of course went through about 1000 on the net, but at the end of the day, I found one that had every box checked,(Ratified the contract today), and the negotiations went pretty smooth, (Although I did THANKFULLY lose out on two places in the interim)

if you want to look at houses use zillow.com, and williamewood.com the tough part about doing it remote is you have to go see the neighborhood, to see if its any good,, every town here (Williamsburg, Newport News, Hampton, Portsmouth, VaBeach, Chesapeake, has great places to live, and places not so great a few blocks over.) and knowing where your going to be working is extremely important to try to avoid the constant daily traffic problems,, (tunnels, bridge openings ect)

hey its Snowing :)
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #15217
APJ757
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Did another photo shoot on Sunday. New model this time. Nothing motorbike related this shoot, but I hope to be working with her more in the future, and I have a few ideas in my head using the BMW, and not the Duc.

Anyway, here's a few of the shots I've finished so far.

Nice Job Man,, this is My fav
Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #15218
APJ757
Gnarly Adventurer

Funny thing about va beach,, an inch of snow inspires everyone with a 4x4 to hit the road to see if they will spin out if they gun the gas,,, literally I've had 3 guys go buy doing it (early yet)
Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #15219
MooseKiller
Tripod

Oddometer: 4,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ757 View Post
Ill jump in on housing,, Only because I'm in the Middle of Moving from Virginia Beach to Chesapeake, the Housing market is really good for Buyers at the Moment, I had a List of things I wouldn't go without in a house, and then a list of things that would be "Nice" to have, now let it be known it wasn't easy,, literally went and saw about 50 houses and of course went through about 1000 on the net, but at the end of the day, I found one that had every box checked,(Ratified the contract today), and the negotiations went pretty smooth, (Although I did THANKFULLY lose out on two places in the interim)

if you want to look at houses use zillow.com, and williamewood.com the tough part about doing it remote is you have to go see the neighborhood, to see if its any good,, every town here (Williamsburg, Newport News, Hampton, Portsmouth, VaBeach, Chesapeake, has great places to live, and places not so great a few blocks over.) and knowing where your going to be working is extremely important to try to avoid the constant daily traffic problems,, (tunnels, bridge openings ect)

hey its Snowing :)
Good info! I will take a look at those sites... We have been using Trulia.com and it seems to be pretty thorough, but information and options are always a good thing. Good to hear it is a buyers market as well.

We have been pretty lucky up here in that the housing crisis really hasn't affected us much. Our property values flattened, but never really went down. We will most likely put the house on the market this spring (early summer by VA standards).

The jobs part is where we start to panic a bit. Wife is applying for one she found, but obviously we have no idea WHERE the jobs will be located. Ah, the joys of moving... Are there tolls/toll roads in the area to be wary of? Or is it just congestion in general...

18 degrees and sunny-ish up here. Snowed last night... Just another day in AK!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #15220
roger123 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ757 View Post
Funny thing about va beach,, an inch of snow inspires everyone with a 4x4 to hit the road to see if they will spin out if they gun the gas,,, literally I've had 3 guys go buy doing it (early yet)
Guilty! Grew up in Northern MI and lived in upstate NY and CT. Gotta strike while the irons hot!!! Had the Pilot in a few 4 wheel drifts this evening.
COG 5903
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #15221
APJ757
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123 View Post
Guilty! Grew up in Northern MI and lived in upstate NY and CT. Gotta strike while the irons hot!!! Had the Pilot in a few 4 wheel drifts this evening.
Lol come pick me up ill hold the beer out the window
Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #15222
APJ757
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Good info! I will take a look at those sites... We have been using Trulia.com and it seems to be pretty thorough, but information and options are always a good thing. Good to hear it is a buyers market as well.

We have been pretty lucky up here in that the housing crisis really hasn't affected us much. Our property values flattened, but never really went down. We will most likely put the house on the market this spring (early summer by VA standards).

The jobs part is where we start to panic a bit. Wife is applying for one she found, but obviously we have no idea WHERE the jobs will be located. Ah, the joys of moving... Are there tolls/toll roads in the area to be wary of? Or is it just congestion in general...

Any help I can give just yell,, ill pm my number ,, as far as jobs go, I'm a believer in those willing to work ,, will find work. Might not be exactly what you want at first,,, but there is always something
Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #15223
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123 View Post

From Pittsburgh and immediately decided I'd go ahead and do my shopping in the Jeep. That was until a saw the chaos just on S. Plaza Figured I had enough beer in the fridge and wasn't going to bother taking the chance of having some other idiot cream me.
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #15224
APJ757
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
From Pittsburgh and immediately decided I'd go ahead and do my shopping in the Jeep. That was until a saw the chaos just on S. Plaza Figured I had enough beer in the fridge and wasn't going to bother taking the chance of having some other idiot cream me.
The wife almost got smashed while sitting at a light in Norfolk,, a truck came spinning 360 style right at her,missed her by about 12"s, took her 1.5 hours to get from water side to near pembroke mall,,
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #15225
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,762
Quote:

Work tip. If job is in Norfolk , live in Norfolk. If job is Portsmouth, live in portsmouth or Norfolk. Study rush hour patterns.