Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Savage Rabbit View Post
As for the clock, I didn't bother resetting it last night. I wanted to see if it would lose more time. It did not. Still exactly 2 hours slow. I reset it this morning and will check it when I get home and again tomorrow morning.
I purposely don't set the clock on my KTM. If I'm on the KTM, I don't want to know.
"I'd like to meet the joker who had the nerve to call this a road!" -- Walter Sigmann "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson "Who am I? Why am I here?" Admiral Stockdale.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brad.horn.9
Orangecicle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,301
Interesting that just a few hours after mentioning that mine stalls sometimes when it's cold, I stall the thing at the first stop sign leaving my house this afternoon.

Sometimes I have more issues trying to ride nice and slow than I do riding a bit faster. Wet roads were my excuse for going too slow and stalling it today.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #18
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 3,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
Just a tight motor. Run it, don't get excited over it until you pass 3000 miles. Then it should stop that . If it continues then a good intake / fuel cleaning is needed.

My buddies new 250 KTM ( 2 stroke) died the same way. I told him "just ride it, the piston is tight in the cylinder". That was in 2007. the bike is still being ridden,..... on the same piston and rings.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
My buddies new 250 KTM ( 2 stroke) died the same way. I told him "just ride it, the piston is tight in the cylinder". That was in 2007. the bike is still being ridden,..... on the same piston and rings.
this is a completely different issue and has nothing to do with the described problems, which have nothing to do with the fact that the bike hasnt been broken in yet...

Sent from Samsung w. Tapatalk
Steveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
1stiski
Ride that nasty thing

Oddometer: 1,558
Also a word of note on the clock on the KTM. They have been known to have strange parasitic drain on the battery, some discharging the battery enough that in a 2 week period , she won't turn the starter. IT is out there., some have it , some don't. Many seek for the answer, most have no clue. As for your battery, if it was trouble at the terminal or a bad cell, your bike wouldn't re-start so easily, once a cell is shorted, the 12Volts needed to turn the starter, are no longer there. AND since yours is fuel injected, I guarantee that it wouldn't run on less than 12 volts.
"Grim Brother" #1
1stiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
The Savage Rabbit OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Bike's running great and even the clock is keeping the proper time. Will have the first service this weekend. Very happy.