ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #631
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 442
[QUOTE=nochain;20564533]Hey guys, this "easy" ride might be a great start for me.also see if you guys would not mind if I (yes a nube) comes with. Was trying to find the coordinates of the Ghost town which is what I assume is one of the way points but only found the cemetery (same?).

Hey dude you are more than welcome to come along. We aren't pro riders ourselves we ride pretty slow compared to most groups and focus more on the having a good time and good conversations. We normally have breakfast at Tag's diner in Coolidge at about 8 or 8:30 am then ride the back roads through the town of Picacho, AZ. We follow the frontage road to the Red Rock exit for I-10. Follow Red rock until it turns into Sasco Road. The ruins are nothing all that awesome due to vandals, but it is a nice dirt road ride all the way around to the SilverBell mine and then back out to Marana road. Again nothing super spectacular but some nice desert scenery and not so horrible dirt roads that are more road than trails. Of course there are plenty of side trails and other ways to go.

P.S. Mike if you are reading this post I hope you are up and walking and ready to ride. It would be nice to see you on a bike again,

-Paul
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #632
nochain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
750V thanks for responding! That sounds like what I was looking for just want to have a good time and be with other riders. Not real keen on being out alone and having a problem. At my age not real interested in picking up the bike 10 times and dealing with broken bones. So an easy does it pace as I get used to riding off road again it great. My only issue is a 2.5G tank. I think its gives me about a 80 mile range before the SH#$ factor kicks in. I have some Aux capability but more for emergency as its only 2ltrs. So I will need to understand the gas stops etc to see if this is ok for me until I either sell my bike or buy a new tank
nochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #633
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Oddometer: 574
Fuel

Nochain,

Don't worry about gas, I only can go about 125 miles myself but I can bring a 1.5 gal extra container if anyone needs it.

Bill
IBRiding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #634
NEfarmer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
In. Is there a place we'll meet for the ride to Breakfast? Darold
NEfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #635
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

We can meet at Tags Cafe in Coolidge or if Queen Creek is on the way I can PM my home address if anyone wants to meet here. Just let me know.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #636
F800ekelley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
We can meet at Tags Cafe in Coolidge or if Queen Creek is on the way I can PM my home address if anyone wants to meet here. Just let me know.
Where is the ride is this big bike frienndly?
F800ekelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #637
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

Oddometer: 140
Rain

Have you checked the weather for this Saturday?
NomorBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #638
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

This is definitely big bike friendly, as Paul said We normally have breakfast at Tag's diner in Coolidge at about 8 or 8:30 am then ride the back roads through the town of Picacho, AZ. We follow the frontage road to the Red Rock exit for I-10. Follow Red rock until it turns into Sasco Road. The ruins are nothing all that awesome due to vandals, but it is a nice dirt road ride all the way around to the SilverBell mine and then back out to Marana road. Again nothing super spectacular but some nice desert scenery and not so horrible dirt roads that are more road than trails. Of course there are plenty of side trails and other ways to go.

We can also take the Florence Kelvin Highway to Barkerville Rd from Coolidge if we wanted to add some more easy dirt.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #639
F800ekelley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
This is definitely big bike friendly, as Paul said We normally have breakfast at Tag's diner in Coolidge at about 8 or 8:30 am then ride the back roads through the town of Picacho, AZ. We follow the frontage road to the Red Rock exit for I-10. Follow Red rock until it turns into Sasco Road. The ruins are nothing all that awesome due to vandals, but it is a nice dirt road ride all the way around to the SilverBell mine and then back out to Marana road. Again nothing super spectacular but some nice desert scenery and not so horrible dirt roads that are more road than trails. Of course there are plenty of side trails and other ways to go.

We can also take the Florence Kelvin Highway to Barkerville Rd from Coolidge if we wanted to add some more easy dirt.
Sounds like a good riding group i will follow and come to some of these rides
F800ekelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #640
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

I just want to remind everyone that this ride is next weekend on 2/2
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #641
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 442
Thanks for the heads up there Fireman Bob. Like Bill says we are going the following Saturday. I just hope it is dried out by then. That little river can get interesting that runs through there.
Last time we went to Sasco I met the guys with my 2 wheel drive station wagon, the wife, and dogs So this shouldn't be a big challenge.

Also, I was looking at the map. There is a pipeline road that intersects with Sasco before the mine. I was thinking...
After Loren goes mining maybe we could take that pipeline road north and connect up to Sunland Gin road. It could be a really cool ride?
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #642
nochain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Thanks for letting me in on this guys. This sounds like a fun time for 2/2 meet at the diner and then for a good ride. I am happy to follow the path you guys choose I am easy going and will be glad to just get out and ride and meet you all. IBR I thanks for the input on fuel not being much of an issue. I am real conservative and always over prepared.
nochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #643
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Hey guys, I live down in AZ city and would like to hook with you all for this ride. I know that area pretty well and may be able to help with other routs. I've been doing mostly big bike rides, But picked up a new WR250R a few weeks ago and would love to get out with some other riders. Wade
WJP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #644
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Welcome

Nochain and WJP4, I'm glad you guys want to go and I am looking forward to this ride next Saturday. It will be cool to see some new faces along with the regulars.

Bill

IBRiding screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 07:14 PM
Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #645
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Thanks Bill, Look Foreward to meeting every one on 2/2 sure we'll have a great day.
Wade
WJP4 is offline   Reply With Quote