ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #11761
stewarrd
JHF
 
stewarrd's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Summit, Ms Area
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 trailblazer View Post
I've talked with a couple of the local inmates about a ride/campout at Rigby farms this spring and so far there is interest. So what I'm thinking is a BYO everything Friday arrival and set up camp. Eat before arriving or ride somewhere to get something or bring your own eats. Build campfire, tell lies.
Saturday ride and eat something along the way, roost some gravel, dirt, rail some blacktop and burn a couple tanks of gas. Return to previously made camp, build fire, tell more lies.
Sunday , ride, eat, packup camp, return to your home.
I'm pulling these dates out of a hat so they can the moved some but you all know there are no dates that will fit everyones schedule. 4/19-20-21
There will be no cost to camp which means no food or t-shirts furnished. Lets set the date by next friday so folks can mark their callenders.
I could (and would love too) be in if the dates were any of the next 4 weekends after 4/19-21 out of country on purposed dates.
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC and 2014 KTM 500 EXC
2011 Harely Davidson Road Glide Ultra CVO
1985 HD Ironhead
1975 Honda CB 750
2005 Kawasaki KDX220R and 1990 Honda CT 70
stewarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #11762
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 983
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 trailblazer View Post
I've talked with a couple of the local inmates about a ride/campout at Rigby farms this spring and so far there is interest. So what I'm thinking is a BYO everything Friday arrival and set up camp. Eat before arriving or ride somewhere to get something or bring your own eats. Build campfire, tell lies.
Saturday ride and eat something along the way, roost some gravel, dirt, rail some blacktop and burn a couple tanks of gas. Return to previously made camp, build fire, tell more lies.
Sunday , ride, eat, packup camp, return to your home.
I'm pulling these dates out of a hat so they can the moved some but you all know there are no dates that will fit everyones schedule. 4/19-20-21
There will be no cost to camp which means no food or t-shirts furnished. Lets set the date by next friday so folks can mark their callenders.
Works for me----
__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #11763
rdkisner
gearhead issues
 
rdkisner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: The Mississippi Alluvial Plain Baird, Ms
Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
By the way, y'all ever head north to Carroll county? It's where I'm from and there's more dirt roads there per square mile than anywhere else in the state. Just so happens to be the largest county too. :). We could hit dirt at Duck Hill and ride all day towards Holcomb and Grenada. Just so happen to have some private land up there as well. Cookout/camp out would be very possible.
I like all of that area all the way south to Hwy 12. Paved roads and dirt roads are good.
__________________
Bluffsriders ,Hot Coffee Riders
FJR 1300, KTM 400xcw, KTM 450xcw
KLR 650 My Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/rdkisner?feature=mhee
http://www.bluffsriders.com/
rdkisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #11764
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: In Transit
Oddometer: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
By the way, y'all ever head north to Carroll county? It's where I'm from and there's more dirt roads there per square mile than anywhere else in the state. Just so happens to be the largest county too. :). We could hit dirt at Duck Hill and ride all day towards Holcomb and Grenada. Just so happen to have some private land up there as well. Cookout/camp out would be very possible.
I make it over that way from time to time. I think UncleJimmy has gotten pretty familiar with the area, I'm still half-lost once I get on the other side of Hwy 15.

Good riding over there though

On another note, I doubt I'll make it down to Utica. Looking at the schedule I think I'll have way too much end of the semester BS piled up the week after that. I'll keep it in mind. Might give me a reason to try and not wait until the last minute on everything for once.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #11765
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
By the way, y'all ever head north to Carroll county? It's where I'm from and there's more dirt roads there per square mile than anywhere else in the state. Just so happens to be the largest county too. :). We could hit dirt at Duck Hill and ride all day towards Holcomb and Grenada. Just so happen to have some private land up there as well. Cookout/camp out would be very possible.
Yes, a ton of gravel up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Your getting in uncle Jimmy and the North MS crews area now.. :)

I think Supah is in a hunting camp outside Carrollton. ..
Yep, north of North Carrolton off Hwy 35.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #11766
Unclejimmy1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Mantee,ms
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
By the way, y'all ever head north to Carroll county? It's where I'm from and there's more dirt roads there per square mile than anywhere else in the state. Just so happens to be the largest county too. :). We could hit dirt at Duck Hill and ride all day towards Holcomb and Grenada. Just so happen to have some private land up there as well. Cookout/camp out would be very possible.
Hey. BradH,,,,I have ventured over in the North Carrolton area up to Holcomb and the turkey foot road,,,,,good,stufff, my SIL is from Teoc ,and we ride back,roads going to see them,,,,,, when they visit his parents,,,,excellent roads ,,,,,next time you in. The area let us know ,,I am always up for some NEW dirt....my SIL is Tim Neilson.
Uncle Jimmy
Unclejimmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #11767
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclejimmy1 View Post
Hey. BradH,,,,I have ventured over in the North Carrolton area up to Holcomb and the turkey foot road,,,,,good,stufff, my SIL is from Teoc ,and we ride back,roads going to see them,,,,,, when they visit his parents,,,,excellent roads ,,,,,next time you in. The area let us know ,,I am always up for some NEW dirt....my SIL is Tim Neilson.
Uncle Jimmy
Cool. My in-laws farm about 5000 acres at Teoc. The big equipment shed to the right off teoc rd if you're coming from Hwy 7 before you get to the curve, All that is theirs. Also the levys along teoc creek and extending into the hills a bit.
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #11768
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
Yes, a ton of gravel up there.



Yep, north of North Carrolton off Hwy 35.
Our land is off CR 89... If you leave N. Carrollton headed the other direction, it kind of runs between Carrollton Rd and Jefferson Rd
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #11769
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Our land is off CR 89... If you leave N. Carrollton headed the other direction, it kind of runs between Carrollton Rd and Jefferson Rd

We've been up there for ten or so years, and I don't think I've ever gone straight or turned right at the "fruit loop"! I need to ride out that way sometime just to look around! I also didn't know Carroll County was the biggest.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #11770
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
I don't know that for a fact... Was mostly talking out of my @$$. But looking at a map it's pretty close.
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #11771
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
I stand corrected. Lol. I looked it up. 628 sq miles. Doesn't even put it in the top 10. I still stand by the number of gravel roads per sq. mile statement. Maybe it just seems bigger because the gravel seems to never end.
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #11772
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
I stand corrected. Lol. I looked it up. 628 sq miles. Doesn't even put it in the top 10. I still stand by the number of gravel roads per sq. mile statement. Maybe it just seems bigger because the gravel seems to never end.
Lol. Yes, miles and miles of gravel road. Carroll County does a pretty good job of keeping them graded too.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #11773
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,484
Finally got my new computer up and running and am finally editing my dashcam videos from July 2012... So ready to go back this summer, if I can!!!

Even the paved roads are fun!!!

__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #11774
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Looks like its gonna be a good weekend for some riding!
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #11775
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Looks like its gonna be a good weekend for some riding!

It's always a good day for riding when we get to chase Trailblazer / Bob around!
__________________
2013 Tiger 800XC
Explore: Backwoods, MS
MS Tag-O-Rama Map / Jackson, MS Local Tag-O-Rama Map

backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015