ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #46
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
Happy New Year, ADV inmates!
Magoo, trailwerks and DirtySkwerl, thank you guys so much for attending the NMTA banquet this past weekend and for the information about NMOHVA, Camino Real issues and the SFNF lawsuit. It was very informative and our club greatly appreciates it! You guys rock!! Keep up the great work!!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #47
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,342
NMTA annual banquet

Thanks, Curtis

It was fun to hang out with the trials gang last Saturday, watch for a new thread in the next few days regarding a NMTA/NMOHVA event slated for early June....

_Magoo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #48
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,607
Quote:
Watch for a new thread in the next few days regarding a NMTA/NMOHVA event slated for early June....
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #49
hook0924
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Pissed Trials

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
As it sits the FS will try to limit the trials on FS lands, The BLM will do the same within BLM lands, without connection to the other .
Expect more limits
Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #50
Wallace
Seat belt tight babe?

Oddometer: 833
A friendly bump for those of you still wanting to donate or contribute to the cause.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #51
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

30-day extension of comment period for the Carson NF

Great News!

Carson offers another 30-day comment period for

Travel Management on the Camino Real District

Taos, N.M., January 22, 2013—The Carson National Forest has prepared a Preliminary Environmental

Assessment for the Travel Management Rule for the Camino Real Ranger District and making it available for a

second period of public comment.

The second comment period ends 30 days following the date of publication of a legal notice in the The Taos

News, the paper of record for the decision. The publication date is the exclusive means for calculating the time to

submit comments on the proposed action. Only groups and individuals who comment will have appeal rights.

“I wanted to provide an additional 30-day comment period because I am relatively new to my position,” Forest

Supervisor Buck Sanchez explained. “Additionally, the first comment period was during the holidays so people may

not have had the opportunity to provide comments.”

Old 01-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #52
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Great News!

Carson offers another 30-day comment period for

Travel Management on the Camino Real District

Taos, N.M., January 22, 2013—The Carson National Forest has prepared a Preliminary Environmental

Assessment for the Travel Management Rule for the Camino Real Ranger District and making it available for a

second period of public comment.

The second comment period ends 30 days following the date of publication of a legal notice in the The Taos

News, the paper of record for the decision. The publication date is the exclusive means for calculating the time to

submit comments on the proposed action. Only groups and individuals who comment will have appeal rights.

“I wanted to provide an additional 30-day comment period because I am relatively new to my position,” Forest

Supervisor Buck Sanchez explained. “Additionally, the first comment period was during the holidays so people may

not have had the opportunity to provide comments.”
This extension was mentioned in today's New Mexican (local newspaper in Santa Fe, NM).
Slideways#96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #53
mtech1950
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
nf

so, fellow offroaders, it comes down to this, $100 per year, per person. in addition to any other dues etc. the only way to slow trail closure is litigation, sustained litigation. these monies will fund the long slow slog to equivalence. sierra club was not successful overnite, nor was wwf, etc. the overwhelming culture through out blm, fs, state trust lands, is motorized offroad travel= all bad, must be closed. opposition is well established, well funded and has the bureaucrats on their side. tough crowd. i have enjoyed a lifetime of pleasure on public lands, as you have, and i'm regretful my voice is ignored. so offroad brudders and sisters, eschew one dinner per year at jennifer james, have two margaritas at gardunos instead of four, enjoy johnny walker red instead of blue, bud lite instead of dos equis amber, no, check that last one. fewer off road bikes. no check that. ok rant off, but think about it.........
mtech1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #54
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
Don't know what jennifer james is, can do without margueritas, like beer, though, bought another bike just because, $100 done.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #55
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Thanks for the donation, Wendell!

And nice rant, Ev!------(well spoken)

NMOHVA will have a booth at the Bob Gerding Outdoor Expo next weekend, if you're out & about, stop by and say hi!

(Please let your friends that are hunters/fishermen, or general outdoor enthusiasts know about the situation with the SFNF, and our pending lawsuit)------we will have detailed maps at our booth that show the extent of the pending road closures in the Jemez-----it's time to spread the word and put up a fight!---

Old 02-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #56
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,166
Donation

OK folks Mtech has this right--they need $$$--its up to us to help raise funds. So for all you that live or RIDE here in NM (yes Tejas and CO can help too) how about helping to keep this riding open as it always has been. My first dual sport offroad riding was done in 1966--today you cannot ride any of that---all I have seen since is fewer and fewer areas to ride. NMOHVA has stepped up--now it is our turn to do our part to help them.
$100 to NMOHVA fund--done.....

NEXT
Old 02-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #57
mtech1950
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
nf

sy, my presumption is we (local guys) will take care of nm, for our benefit and our neighbors as well. they(colo utah, tx ,ca) will take care of local issues there. as travelers we will take advantage of their hospitality, as they we. by the time our grand kids swing a leg over a vintage freeride, maybe this is resolved in our favor. or at least fought to a draw.......
mtech1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #58
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

here's my two cents worth on that.....I think we need to support our right to ride in a multi-state area, I know that we all enjoy riding the mountains of Colorado, and the sandstone/desert of Utah, as well as the awesome year-round riding we enjoy in New Mexico, and I can't wait to get down to some of the awesome riding in Texas like Big Bend.....

I think we all need to support the organizations that are fighting the good fight in each of these areas, and keep sending the message that this is our land, and we deserve the right to continue enjoying these areas.

Thanks for your continuing support, guys & gals....

Old 02-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #59
trailwerks
Missing Two Wheels

Oddometer: 235
Thanks, everyone, for the support!

We were notified yesterday that the Center for Biological Diversity and WildEarth Guardians intend to file for intervenor status in our lawsuit. What is an intervenor? Glad you asked!
"In law, intervention is a procedure to allow a nonparty, called intervenor (also spelled intervener) to join ongoing litigation, either as a matter of right or at the discretion of the court, without the permission of the original litigants. The basic rationale for intervention is that a judgment in a particular case may affect the rights of nonparties, who ideally should have the right to be heard."

While the CBD's and Guardians intent to intervene comes as absolutely no surprise, it very clearly points out that the opposition in this case is not just the Santa Fe National Forest. We will continue to need everyone's support as we battle to preserve riding opportunities in New Mexico. Again, thanks for everyone's support and spread the word to the other inmates and anyone who desires to access the Forest with a motor.
trailwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #60
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
So OHV organisations could use this same tactic when an enviromental wackjob group sues the forest for not implementing some obscure rule they uncovered?