Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #31
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainpete View Post
My experience with AVC = long delays in shipping and no proactive communication.
My experience with Dual Sport Plus = fast shipping and Les was great.

In the future, I'm going to Dual Sport Plus first.
FWIW, Don't want to be to negative to AVC, but my experience has been as above. Shipping and comm needs work. As to DSP, so far they have always come through with flying colours.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #32
RobbieO
Muskokatard

Oddometer: 7,478
I too have had crappy customer service from AVC........

Once is enough for me.

RobbieO screwed with this post 03-29-2014 at 12:51 PM
RobbieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #33
Taurkon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
I am very surprised at the negative comments regarding AVC. I was purchasing all my DS tires from them, as well as some of the dirt bike gear and tires. Service has always been good, and the one time that an order was screwed up, they sent the replacement Airhawk and asked that I send back the wrong one once I receive the new one. Turn around time was prompt. I also had a MEFO delaminate and they worked with Twisted Throttle to replace the tire. That took about 6 weeks, which I was ok with since there was likely some back and fourth between the manufacturer and TT. They never did ask for the delaminated one back, just pics.

I'll continue to do business with them until they give me a reason not too, and besides... DSP does not seem to cater towards the KTM crowd.

2007 KTM 300 XCW

Taurkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #34
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,360
I've ordered from AVC several times with very good service. Instead of ordering from Twisted Throttle with whom they are partnered, I order from AVC. I ordered a part that's currently on backorder and was informed it's on back order till March. I told them I'll wait, they offered to ship my outstanding parts with no charge for shipping while I wait for the other part. (Twisted Throttle has the same part on b/o as well)
Old 02-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #35
YukonTracker
Ride your Way

Oddometer: 249
I was about to order parts from avc recently. I sent them an email to ask if they have an inmate discount. Got a very short answer back: no discount and the item is back ordered. No gripe with no discount, but it should be clearly identified for online shopping if items are back ordered and not available at the moment you buy and purchase a product imo. The latter I let them know by reply.
YukonTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #36
Seve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I did not know about this thread before I ordered a few things last week or I may have made another choice?

So far the communication has been as expected, but, too early to comment on the delivery.
Seve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #37
azia
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Just want to give an update on my order with AVC.
Order Method: online via their website
Shipping Method: Expedited Parcel
Order Time: evening of July 22
Order Ship Out Date: August 3
Order Arrival Date: August 7

I ordered 2 Pelican cases by Twisted Throttle. This is the packaging:

The packaging was good and I received an receipt with a handwritten thank you on it which was a nice touch.

What I didn't like was lack of communication - website did not indicate if an item was in stock or not. They actually order from Twisted Throttled, then ship out. In this case, it took them over a week to receive it from TT. If this could be communicated beforehand via their website (perhaps by indicating "Ships in 1-2 weeks", "In Stock", "Backordered", etc.) I think it would save them from some not so happy customers and misunderstandings.

I emailed them 1 week from when I got their notice that it'd take a week to ship to them....they said they were expecting them the next day. No further update from them, so I emailed again a few days later seeing if they'd been shipped. That;s when I received an automated Canada Post msg that they were shipping out that day.

I don't want to accuse them of shipping only after I followed up as it's probably not the case but it also doesn't give the customer 100% confidence in the buying experience.

I would order from AVC again if it's a product that's cheaper than the US and/or only available from them.
I would not order from AVC again if I absolutely needed the item in less than 3 weeks or if the price was the same in another store or the US.

It sounds like a great experience shopping there in person. And it's not awful online but to be honest, I've had better customer service elsewhere so...that's where I'll take it if given a choice.
azia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #38
PPCLI-Jim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
I just saved 50 $ by purchasing a light set through Dual Sport vs Vicious , but I have ordered other productrs that Dual Sport doesn't stock the Vicious. Until DS stocks a wider assortment of equipment i will continue to shop and compare.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spudhead/videos?view=0 my youtube channel
PPCLI-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #39
RobbieO
Muskokatard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
A year or so ago I tried to order a few things from them but they did not seem interested in my business, so I went to www.dualsportplus.com and received my order promptly. I voted with my $$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I've ordered from AVC several times with very good service. Instead of ordering from Twisted Throttle with whom they are partnered, I order from AVC.

Interesting...................
Old 11-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #40
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,360
I've ordered from them again recently and items were shipped promptly. A vast improvement from my first experience and the pricing on the items I ordered were the same as twistedthrottle's but without the cross border shipping hassle.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #41
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,647
I ordered from them recently as well and had a first rate experience. Super fast shipping, helpful and prompt communication, great prices.

I did have a more scattered experience with them several years ago, but things seem to have changed. Definitely recommended if they keep up the excellent service.

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #42
jfman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Just placed an order: will let you guyz know how it goes

2012 Versys 1000
Tour of the American West 2013
Alaska 2014: Hotel Budget Zero
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #43
jfman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
3 weeks and havent gotten my stuff yet. They did send an email a few days after the order was placed saying it was gonna take 2 weeks but no word since.

2012 Versys 1000
Tour of the American West 2013
Alaska 2014: Hotel Budget Zero
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:32 AM   #44
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
3 weeks and havent gotten my stuff yet. They did send an email a few days after the order was placed saying it was gonna take 2 weeks but no word since.
Sorry for that! Try replying to the email you received to ask for a!status update.

Kevin

twistedthrottle screwed with this post 03-31-2014 at 09:17 AM
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #45
RobbieO
Muskokatard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I was hoping things might change when Twisted Throttle bought in.

I guess not........