Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #4366
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemiiten View Post
From ther Motorcyclist review...The engine is a little less tractor-like in slow, off-road situations, and where the quick-revving new engine benefits with increased midrange or high rpm power, it is a little bit less friendly when lugging through a tricky section of dirt.
Yeah, right. We were all expecting the new engine to feel like a 3-cylinder engine or an inline 4, it's a boxer.
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #4367
Dracula
Deus ex machina

Oddometer: 559
I'll bet it doesn't it take 20W50 oil anymore.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #4368
Motard_Menace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
based on the opening paragraph i'm happy that i put a deposit down......

back to the article.....

edit: could this be the bike that replaces my MTS and GS?
Hopefully then maybe I can buy one of your pristine rides......

Actually I am eagerly anticipating more reviews of this new GS as well. I think I am going into the market within the year for either a GS new maybe older or the Multi but I can't make up my mind yet....and life circumstances only allow one bike at a time for now.......damn being responsible can sure get in the way of having fun......

"If you Can't Fix it with a Hammer, it must be an Electrical Problem......"
Motard_Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #4369
Montauk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
2013 R1200GS accessories list

Stubled on WC R1200GS accessories
http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/media/...ccessories.pdf
Montauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #4370
Rauven
I like the cold...

Oddometer: 195
Video review of the GS and Touratech farkles, unfortunately in german. Maybe some rider that knows the language could make us a summary in english ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDcK0MuF9Ac
Rauven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #4371
Desert John
Desert John

Oddometer: 202
Same accessories as U.S.
'05 Aprilia Tuono Factory R
Desert John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #4372
khale
ride dirty

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
Video review of the GS and Touratech farkles, unfortunately in german. Maybe some rider that knows the language could make us a summary in english ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDcK0MuF9Ac
Use the CC button and turn on German captions, then click on translate captions and turn to English.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #4373
Rauven
I like the cold...

Haha, got more from german. Translated captions
"the opportunity bees Madagascar km already the few thousand to use this motorcycle not loud Bioware Sun"
Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #4374
BordenBmw
TheFrenchRider

Oddometer: 722
How about a French version, celui-là, je le comprend!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #4375
mkletecka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Ah, speculation of the new WC ! What’s interesting from the brief review of the new “WC” is that, “German engineers on hand in South Africa were quick to say that the measuring stick used for the new R1200GS was, in fact, the old one. Simply because they felt it was already the best adventure-touring bike available.”

Well, I’m now in the market for another GS (had to sell my mine more than a year ago) which, puts me in the perfect storm to get the “tried & proven” AC version or new WC, and that can only be decided by “me” test riding both and not based on some journalists opinion/ride report.

Anyway, my final decision will not be based on cost, but rather the aggregate/sum total of the overall differences between the two (one thing for sure, is that the increased power of the new WC doesn’t interest me, because the 2009 and above AC’s have plenty of “real world” power for my wants and needs).
mkletecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #4376
khale
ride dirty

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkletecka View Post
Ah, speculation of the new WC ! What’s interesting from the brief review of the new “WC” is that, “German engineers on hand in South Africa were quick to say that the measuring stick used for the new R1200GS was, in fact, the old one. Simply because they felt it was already the best adventure-touring bike available.”

Well, I’m now in the market for another GS (had to sell my mine more than a year ago) which, puts me in the perfect storm to get the “tried & proven” AC version or new WC, and that can only be decided by “me” test riding both and not based on some journalists opinion/ride report.

Anyway, my final decision will not be based on cost, but rather the aggregate/sum total of the overall differences between the two (one thing for sure, is that the increased power of the new WC doesn’t interest me, because the 2009 and above AC’s have plenty of “real world” power for my wants and needs).
The bike is going to run, and very well at that. Bought new, the bike will be covered by a 3 year warranty. Any factory recalls will be taken care of.
mkletecka - this isn't directed at you, but just a general question to naysayers. Why is everyone so cautious about the new 2013 WC GS? It's going to be a fuckin ruckus bike.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #4377
Rauven
I like the cold...

At least I noticed one upside of buying the bike in Norway (despite the ridiculous price) the law requires 5 years of warranty, so I have a nice, warm, safe feeling about any possible problems.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #4378
mkletecka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
The bike is going to run, and very well at that. Bought new, the bike will be covered by a 3 year warranty. Any factory recalls will be taken care of.
mkletecka - this isn't directed at you, but just a general question to naysayers. Why is everyone so cautious about the new 2013 WC GS? It's going to be a fuckin ruckus bike.
In general I don't think that people are generally "naysayers" of the new WC . Its just that the 2009 to current version is so good, so capable, (even BMW engineers say that) and because of that, how much better can the new WC be? Thats the question.

Yes, the new WC might be better looking and have more power, but will it have "good" power delivery, ride and handle "better" than the previous version. As for me (that's in me, myself and I), I'm open to the new WC and may get one, however if its just going to be increased HP/better looks, I'll probably get the previous version.
mkletecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #4379
Motard_Menace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
I'm not sure why people make such an issue or feel the need to comment on buying a "new" version of anything is stupid. If you don't want to buy a new version then don't, why the need to post about it and bag on others who want the new bike. Maybe to make you feel good about owning the older version I guess. Sure could there be some growing pains with a new model, of course as with anything but you can get a lemon regardless of the year and as someone pointed out, it comes with a 3 year warranty so if after 3 years its not sorted then most likely it never will be and you should part ways maybe. I am pretty sure that BMW, Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati or whoever tests the bikes vigorously before bringing them to market and when you are BMW bringing your marquee bike to market after a full refresh it would behoove you to make sure it is a good product. Thats my 2 cents anyway....I think the bike looks better then the previous generation, (Obviously a subjective thought) offers more bang for the buck with cruise, adjustable screen, dynamic suspension etc.... and I predict it will be an excellent motorcycle that gets good reviews overall.

"If you Can't Fix it with a Hammer, it must be an Electrical Problem......"
Motard_Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #4380
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
boys, any news when the Adventure version will be out ?
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote