Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
HOLY BIG pic batman!

No bear pics, gald they didn't come into the shot at that size....lol

I agree, the shoulders are soft and something to steer clear of for sure! I didn't think it was possible to overload a KLR.....lol I take so much stuff I pull a single wheeled trailer too sometimes.....lol
Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #17
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker View Post
The shoulders of the Translab and the Quebec section of the loop are not really the problem. Just learn to stay away from them by keeping the speed down and sticking to the travelled tracks.The KLR in rdwalkers post seems to have been loaded a tad too heavily especially with that chair dangling out the back. Is ther a kitcchen sink somwhere in the bundle..?The weight way out there does not make for precise steering and would make for some excitemnt if one hit the loose stuff

If you slow down you also get a better chance to enjoy the details and sample the blueberries.

WHOOOA>
I dooo not know what I did but indeed I did it WRONG
Somehow got a picture of blueberries way too big! so I deleted it and will try again later to slide it in here. When I put it in the post it looked normal size though. I just don't get it . Don't want to hog a lot of space. Sorreeee.
He was probably a little back-heavy, but not much. More bulk than weight. He's a camper, so all of his gear was really light hiking stuff. His fatal flaws were running stock tires and slowing down when he hit a squirrelly patch of deep gravel. I about lost it at that same spot later that afternoon, but twisted the throttle and things straightened up considerably. Part of it may have been knowing that it was a bad spot, so I was a little tense..

John

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #18
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,289
This size is not exactly what I had aimed for ,but it is a start
Try#2 does this make a picture...?Lets see...(submit)) YAAAAYY!!! The blueberries are delicious .

Since the previous one went well ,here goes another attempt .Yesssss! =) This is a picture of the reindeer moss you will see on the ground in large sections of Labrador bush.
But you have to just go slow and stop when you see some and then go for a long quiet walk off the road to let the quiet settle in.

This is a picture on the Quebec section of the road south from the Labrador border to Gagnon .It is now a wide well built gravel road with lots of curves and some steep grades and it crosses the rairoad several times. But it is much,
much less of a chellenge than 18 years ago when a great deal of this road was actually still just on the service frontage along the base of the railroad embankment.
Notice, I stayed off the loose shoulder to park.

This is the Relai on the highwauy south of Ggnon
Gas up here always. And they have a good restaurant and comfy rooms upstairs .
Now, all I need to do is remember how I got these pics here today!.... and hope the next time I check this post they haven't ballooned .

Sjoerd Bakker screwed with this post 12-24-2011 at 11:32 AM
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
568V8
Ontario Vstrommer

Oddometer: 182
Gulf of St Lawrence

In the summer of 2011 we toured completely around the Gulf, but avoided the Trans Lab highway to be able to follow the coastline.
If and when you survive the gravel get your tired arse to the UNESCO site at Red Bay and plan at least 3 hours time in the museum.

http://s307.beta.photobucket.com/use...0St%20Lawrence

Space is very limited so book passage asap aboard The Relais Nordik, the supply ship from Blanc Sablon westbound. Great food. Stop and get off each time it stops in a remote village for a short hike.
568V8 is offline   Reply With Quote