Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #151
Jwood
James

Oddometer: 7

Hey is anyone still meeting up to do some trail riding? I'm in the process of breaking in a new WR250R and looking for some good rides. I live in Melbourne, beach side. Weekends and anytime after 1-2 p.m. during the week work good for me. I noticed there are a lot of KLR riders on here. Great bikes, I had an old 87' as my first motorcycle. The 250 should be able to hang though!
Jwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #152
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood View Post
Hey is anyone still meeting up to do some trail riding? I'm in the process of breaking in a new WR250R and looking for some good rides. I live in Melbourne, beach side. Weekends and anytime after 1-2 p.m. during the week work good for me. I noticed there are a lot of KLR riders on here. Great bikes, I had an old 87' as my first motorcycle. The 250 should be able to hang though!
that fuel injected hotrod WR250R will leave those big dinosaur KLRs behind!! I'm recovering from an accident but once im able to ride again ill show you some trails I know of out by the coast and towards eastern Orlando!
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #153
scubadown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Hello, I live on Merritt Island and can show you some great trails. Can't this weekend, but maybe Monday.
scubadown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #154
Jwood
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
that fuel injected hotrod WR250R will leave those big dinosaur KLRs behind!! I'm recovering from an accident but once im able to ride again ill show you some trails I know of out by the coast and towards eastern Orlando!
Haha yeah it's a nice machine. I put 350 miles on her this past week going everywhere!
Found a couple new trails too. Good luck with recuperating, give me a shout hopefully you'll be back on 2 wheels soon
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #155
Jwood
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadown View Post
Hello, I live on Merritt Island and can show you some great trails. Can't this weekend, but maybe Monday.
Sounds great. Sorry I've been busy this past week but ill be around all weekend or next week anytime..
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #156
scubadown
Adventurer

Quote:
Sounds great. Sorry I've been busy this past week but ill be around all weekend or next week anytime..
Sent you an IM
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #157
scubadown
Adventurer

Anyone up for a ride this weekend?
Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #158
Kommando OP
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadown View Post
Anyone up for a ride this weekend?
I'm up this weekend. Did anybody have a few places in mind? I'm good for local or as far as the Smokies. I get home from work around 1700-1730 today, and just have to be back in Brevard by 0630 on Monday or I turn into a pumpkin.

Kommando screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 08:07 AM
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #159
Kommando OP
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,585
My GF has an appointment in Cocoa Beach that ends at noon. We're planning to ride up to Daytona from there, if anybody wants to join us and possibly another rider. We're likely riding US1 up.

Bob

Kommando screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 05:57 PM
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #160
bdolnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Hey everyone just read through the whole thread... was really cranking for awhile but seems to have slowed down a bit lately. I've got a new Honda CRF250L and have been exploring on my own for the last couple weeks. I live in Satellite Beach and so far have hit the compound and some 'private' land off Nova Road out off 520. I thought I was in heaven out there, as every gate was open and the place was amazing... until I got run off by someone in a pickup truck.

Anyway, got the bug now so looking to ride as much as possible... love the 'exploring new trails' aspect of Dual Sports riding.

Was thinking about Kempfer road off 192 this weekend, never been out there but it looks good on Google Maps, couldn't see any gates. Hit me up if anyone wants to go, or if you are going somewhere else and don't mind me tagging along that's fine too.
bdolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #161
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolnik View Post
Hey everyone just read through the whole thread... was really cranking for awhile but seems to have slowed down a bit lately. I've got a new Honda CRF250L and have been exploring on my own for the last couple weeks. I live in Satellite Beach and so far have hit the compound and some 'private' land off Nova Road out off 520. I thought I was in heaven out there, as every gate was open and the place was amazing... until I got run off by someone in a pickup truck.

Anyway, got the bug now so looking to ride as much as possible... love the 'exploring new trails' aspect of Dual Sports riding.

Was thinking about Kempfer road off 192 this weekend, never been out there but it looks good on Google Maps, couldn't see any gates. Hit me up if anyone wants to go, or if you are going somewhere else and don't mind me tagging along that's fine too.
so youve found the secret promised land off nova? One of my alltime fav places to ride! I have a plated WR250-z and would love to riding out there with ya sometime. tons of stuff to explore out there.

some fotos ive taken out that way.

all taken in that huge area off nova
Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #162
bdolnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice pictures Sub, yea I'm up for going out there anytime... it's a nice ride for me to get there, up Tropical Trail and across the Causeway and I'm there :)

Like I said they chased me off the place I was at last weekend, they were nice about it but still. I guess Turkey season opens this weekend so going to be a lot of people with guns out.

This weekend I only have the morning of Saturday to ride but I'll be checking in this thread from now on, so hopefully we can get something going. Would love to see the WR250.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #163
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,896
Depending on where you are off Nova, thats mostly Deseret Ranch land - and very private. A few years ago I aaproached the ranch land manager about a one-time permission for a group of dual sports to ride across on some dirt roads. He was nice about it and even though they were in the process of closing off access by the Florida Trail Hiking Assoc, folks he ran it by his boss. A polite NO.

Google up Deseret Ranch. Interesting outfit. Huge cattle producers.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #164
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305 View Post
Depending on where you are off Nova, thats mostly Deseret Ranch land - and very private. A few years ago I aaproached the ranch land manager about a one-time permission for a group of dual sports to ride across on some dirt roads. He was nice about it and even though they were in the process of closing off access by the Florida Trail Hiking Assoc, folks he ran it by his boss. A polite NO.

Google up Deseret Ranch. Interesting outfit. Huge cattle producers.
I was on the north side of nova, towards the west. closer to 192. that area is owned by mostly Mormons. and some of it by a hunting club. in the Mormon land, i wasnt afraid to tear it up big time! hate those guys...
Old 03-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #165
bdolnik
Gnarly Adventurer

That's interesting stuff about Deseret Ranch, thanks. I looked them up on Google and see this...

"Owned by Farmland Reserve, Inc., an entity related to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"

The guy in the pickup that I talked to said it was Mormon owned also. He said they pay $9000 a year to be able to hunt out there. I rode by a huge hunting camp, full of old trailers and a couple of those big swamp buggies. Looked mostly deserted when I went through on a Saturday morning. I asked the guy what I needed to do to get permission to ride out there, and he said anything without a steering wheel was expressly forbidden. I guess they have a 'thing' against bikes and atvs.