ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #151
Locker43
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Waynesville, NC
Oddometer: 75
Awesome, thx!
Locker43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #152
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,243
Ok, so I'm getting lots of PM's about the QD's. Just to clear a few things up; these will fit any modern KTM that currently uses a petcock. This includes the Adventure. On some older bikes you may need to open up the hole in the tank slightly (31/64"). If anyone buys our QD's and finds that for one reason or another they will not fit, we will be offering a full refund including shipping costs. We want you to be able to buy with confidence.

The QD is not a petcock. It does not have an on/off valve. If you feel you need to shut off your fuel supply, simply press the disconnect button and both sides of the QD will close off the flow of fuel. To re-connect, just push the connector back into the receiver until it *clicks* into place...

These QD's do not incorporate the factory tank screens, so you'll need to use and in-line fuel filter... which you should already be using anyhow.

The QD's will be sold individualy for anyone looking to fit them on their single cylinder bike. So if you have an Adventure, Duke, SM, SE, etc... you'll need to order two QD's. Price is $89.95 each and shipping will be $5.95 domestic, $19.95 international. If you also purchased one of our SE tanks, obviously shipping will be free of charge.

Any questions just feel free to ask!




__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com

PowerCell screwed with this post 01-18-2013 at 02:39 PM
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #153
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,592
Awesome Ken. You will get an order from me!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #154
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
Ok, so I'm getting lots of PM's about the QD's. Just to clear a few things up; these will fit any modern KTM that currently uses a petcock. This includes the Adventure. On some older bikes you may need to open up the hole in the tank slightly (31/64"). If anyone buys our QD's and finds that for one reason or another they will not fit, we will be offering a full refund including shipping costs. We want you to be able to buy with confidence.

The QD is not a petcock. It does not have an on/off valve. If you feel you need to shut off your fuel supply, simply press the disconnect button and both sides of the QD will close off the flow of fuel. To re-connect, just push the connector back into the receiver until it *clicks* into place...

These QD's do not incorporate the factory tank screens, so you'll need to use and in-line fuel filter... which you should already be using anyhow.

The QD's will be sold individualy for anyone looking to fit them on their single cylinder bike. So if you have an Adventure, Duke, SM, SE, etc... you'll need to order two QD's. Price is $89.95 each and shipping will be $5.95 domestic, $19.95 international. If you also purchased one of our SE tanks, obviously shipping will be free of charge.

Any questions just feel free to ask!




Nice, send me a paypal invoice for 4, this is a MUST have for the 950 Adventure & of course the other 2 for the NEW SE tank. Looking forwardAs for color, the wife prefers orange.

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #155
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,243
Here's a complete unit, ready for anodizing...



__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #156
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,592
Are they all going to be orange?
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #157
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,243
They will be ???... haven't decided yet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Are they all going to be orange?
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com

PowerCell screwed with this post 01-22-2013 at 08:30 AM
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #158
Dan950ser
NW Shredder
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Olympia, WA
Oddometer: 416
How are the tanks coming?
__________________
2007 KTM 990 SuperDuperEnduroR

2014 KTM 250 XC-W
Dan950ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #159
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan950ser View Post
How are the tanks coming?

I was just out at the pattern shop this morning. We've made three rounds of test tanks thus far, and with each round small changes have been made to allow for a better fit or added features. Our latest mod was to add mounts for a 3rd fuel tap underneath the front of the tank. This can be used as a fuel return port should anyone want to upgrade their bike to fuel injection in the future (like I did)! Nice...

But it looks like we're all done now. I expect to see our 4th article early next week. Assuming everything is good, we'll start building tanks right away. Our first run will be Black and Natural only. We're making 40 to start... so if you haven't put your name on one, now's a good time!



.
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #160
Dan950ser
NW Shredder
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Olympia, WA
Oddometer: 416
Awesome work man. I would love a SD990 engine in the future so nice to know the tank is set up to accept it. Thanks for the quick reply.
__________________
2007 KTM 990 SuperDuperEnduroR

2014 KTM 250 XC-W

Dan950ser screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 03:17 PM
Dan950ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #161
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,243
It is said, it is done... we'll only be offering the QD Fuel Tap anodized in one color for now; natural aluminum!

I feel it's the best compromise, and I really don't want the headache of building and stocking several colors unless production volumes go up.



__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #162
Yardstick
Hydrophobic
 
Yardstick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
It is said, it is done... we'll only be offering the QD Fuel Tap anodized in one color for now; natural aluminum!

I feel it's the best compromise, and I really don't want the headache of building and stocking several colors unless production volumes go up.

Works for me! Nice looking part, too! Do you think inline filters would be a good idea since these don't have screens?
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #163
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
Works for me! Nice looking part, too! Do you think inline filters would be a good idea since these don't have screens?

As I mentioned previously, I think an in-line filter is manditory! Even if you're running a stock fuel-tap, you should still have a quality in-line filter.


.
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #164
Yardstick
Hydrophobic
 
Yardstick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
As I mentioned previously, I think an in-line filter is manditory! Even if you're running a stock fuel-tap, you should still have a quality in-line filter.


.

How'd I miss that?
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #165
Splisken
I'm not dead yet...
 
Splisken's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Drake, Colorado
Oddometer: 127
Looking great Ken! I'm still in for the black tank and (2) of the QDs.
Splisken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014