User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #91
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,748
Hold the funds!

Until they clear out, stop the blockades and go home. I know they are not all involved in mischief but stop the money flow for a while. Worked when I was in Basic Training back in my Navy days. We were divided up into 80 man units called Divisions. If one guy screwed up, all 80 guys would suffer ie. more laps around the parade square etc. Didn't take long for that guy to never screw up again. He usually got a beating not a slap with a kit glove.
Unfortunately this political correctness BS has made us all a bunch of pansies now a days.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #92
Forest Cop
Forest Cop

Oddometer: 14
Enough Already!!

It's amazing how this story repeats itself year after year, with no end in sight.
Notice how FNs get together to protest and block roads,etc.....as a group?
When will the WASP Canadians get off there butts and stand-up for themselves?
Of course, most of us work and don't have time to travel across the country for a Pow-Wow.
Forest Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #93
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,559
Each year we spend more money on the department of Indian Affairs than we do on our entire military....

Thats seriously messed up

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #94
edwin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
ya...
we should spend more $$$ on guns than ppl....right
1974 honda cb 550 (R.i.P. vanessa)
edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:07 AM   #95
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin View Post
ya...
we should spend more $$$ on guns than ppl....right

your right,,, we shouldn't spend on guns/military instead we keep the endless supply of cash to Indian affairs, the bloc, and while we are at it lets create a public office for the rest of the ethnic groups, one for the Arabic community, Chinese, Japanese. ETC....Lets shut the military down stop wasting money there and give more to the lawyers of these groups so they can create more unrest...

can you say...MELTING POT...
shipwrek12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #96
aquadog
Dude Buddha

Oddometer: 654
I'm still good with the idea of Canada as a cultural mosaic, but that implies that, like a tile mosaic, the different ethnicities want to fit together in a beautiful pattern, all contributing to a whole. Some do. Some are still learning. Some...well....
aquadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #97
Jimo368
intrepid traveller

Oddometer: 136
I've got no problem with anyone keeping or promoting their culture, in fact I think its great. I just dont want to pay for it.
Jimo368 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #98
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,340
They stand to lose their culture much faster in poverty and on welfare than by being contributing members of society. Canada is full of diversified cultures. All alive and healthy. AND Except for our indigenous peoples, all have JOBS, pay taxes and are members of society. Without exception. Not our natives though......a perpetual welfare state.......and Canadians think this is Okay? On what FUCKING planet is it Okay to "keep" an entire race on welfare? Way past time to turn off the money tap!! Close the reserves, toss out the treaty cards (don't get me started here!) and make them EQUAL to, and not superior to the rest of us.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #99
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
Why are we still paying for our ancestors promises? I had absolutely nothing to do with creating this mess. I was born here like the rest of my family for six generations now and I am as native to this land as anyone else alive today. I resent paying for anyone else's problems, I have enough of my own.
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #100
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregster View Post
Why are we still paying for our ancestors promises? I had absolutely nothing to do with creating this mess. I was born here like the rest of my family for six generations now and I am as native to this land as anyone else alive today. I resent paying for anyone else's problems, I have enough of my own.
Simple answer young Gregster. We live in a pussy ass, politically correct society, where everybody spends their day tripping over each other to kiss some minority ass. Even though, we have now become the minority. Personally, I say "Fuck them"....let's stand on our hind legs and turn off the welfare tap!
"Idle No More" should mean......"we'll get JOBS!"
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #101
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Simple answer young Gregster. We live in a pussy ass, politically correct society, where everybody spends their day tripping over each other to kiss some minority ass. Even though, we have now become the minority. Personally, I say "Fuck them"....let's stand on our hind legs and turn off the welfare tap!
"Idle No More" should mean......"we'll get JOBS!"
Lyle

+1 Nicely said Lyle
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #102
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregster View Post
Why are we still paying for our ancestors promises?
We're not so much paying for past promises, but finishing an incomplete process from the founding days of this country - at least in BC anyways. In most of Canada treaties were negotiated with the First Nations as the first white settlers moved in. In BC the process was also happening, but with the steady influx of American settlers into our territory with the gold rush of the mid 1800's, the treaty process got put onto the back burner as we tried to stem the American tidal wave. So we lost Oregon and Washington state but we managed to keep BC British. However the treaty process was never completed and this is what they're trying to do now. Supposedly the only other jurisdiction where the treaty process didn't get finished was Florida.

So today we have the First Nations using our own British Common Law system to prove that their rights to this territory pre-date our own arrival. If I was First Nations, I'd be doing the same thing. They never negotiated the handover of this territory and that is why we are paying a heavy price today for actions of our ancestors.
jackd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #103
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,541
Personally, I'm more concerned about fat bastards, drunks and smokers running up the costs to our health care systems.

Let's cut them off the health care gravy trains we're all paying for.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #104
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Personally, I'm more concerned about fat bastards, drunks and smokers running up the costs to our health care systems.

Let's cut them off the health care gravy trains we're all paying for.

Not to worry. I recall a study that was published around 15 years ago that suggested that all these groups that you identify actually wind up living for a much shorter period than those who practice healthier lifestyles. The net result is that they pay into the system for all their working years but draw very little from it in the long run, because they die sooner. I was at work when I read this and I thanked all the smokers in the room for helping the system work. They were not impressed.
jackd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #105
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
Not to worry. I recall a study that was published around 15 years ago that suggested that all these groups that you identify actually wind up living for a much shorter period than those who practice healthier lifestyles. The net result is that they pay into the system for all their working years but draw very little from it in the long run, because they die sooner. I was at work when I read this and I thanked all the smokers in the room for helping the system work. They were not impressed.
Encouraging news.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote