Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #2986
InTheMuck
So it goes...

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD CURRIE View Post
Terry, This is brilliant!

Guys. Look at the Iran update! . It's a real eyeopener and shows how things as we say ad nauseam, are shown to us the way our politicians want us to see it-not how they actually are . People are just people, not the monsters they'd have us all believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc

Anyone for an Iran trip??
Please disregard if this is too much of a hijack, but in this fellow's India post he talks about getting hassled by the locals when he stopped at the scene of an accident and reflects that "If you witness an accident in a country that isn't European or doesn't speak English......don't stop, just keep on riding, it's more trouble than it's worth."

Curious what all you other worldly travelers think about that...

“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list."
InTheMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #2987
ROD CURRIE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
Here's the welcome me and my buddy got from BMW Iran when we rode through there in 2006...

Great country, great people. I'd return in a heartbeat and all being well that'll be next spring.

As for the youtube video. WTF has a 30 year old poster of Noel Edmunds on their wall???

As for the photo of Rod at #10....Mr Glair ?
Blimey Adam. Just looked at your site and pics. I thought I'd travelled a little....looks like I have.

Lesson to self... must try harder.

The Noel Edmunds thing threw me too. WTF??
ROD CURRIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #2988
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtronX View Post
And finally the rest of the crew arrived and we took the group photo

Walter's antennae are showing

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #2989
Teeds
Don Quixote

Oddometer: 1,569
With all the tires that Walter and Terry are carrying who would ever need crash bars.

Stunning photography!

I've been meaning to post and say thanks to Rod, Bas and Linda for all they contributed to the middle third of the ride report. I'm sure there were and are emails and texts flying back and forth between the ride party to keep this on track and interesting.

From having posted a ride or three, I understand and respect the effort it took to document this ride in the first place between the photos and notes y'all ( that is southern for 'you' for the folks across the pond ) had to transcribe daily.

Walter and Terry: Y'all make one hell of a fine team and you clearly surrounded yourselves with a fabulous cast of characters.

This report does need to be elevated to another forum within the Ride Reports that only the epic achieve. It is so hard to dig back and find these after the fact I would like to see GB and the admins create that forum and only put the best of the best in it. The selection process will be hard, but it will give many that are new here food for thought about why ADV is so special.

in preparation for what I am sure will be a fabu Third Act. The opening scene is stunning!
we are NOT human beings having a spiritual experience, rather we ARE spiritual BEINGS having a human experience - johnjen
Teeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #2990
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Oddometer: 3,823
Quote:
It's true...I'm a poof.

For a politician, you seem like an alright fella

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !
Gravel Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #2991
dashmoto
Serial Tinkerer

Oddometer: 414
I can guarantee you'd do a better job than the tw*t that actually lives there.

www.dashmoto.net
dashmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #2992
ROD CURRIE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
There's a limit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Seeker View Post
For a politician, you seem like an alright fella
GS. I've kept quiet for all the mocking and abuse but Politician's an insult too far. How dare you, Sir! The very thought.

I'm a Programme Manager..my team had just installed an IT network into the Treasury and George (who lives next door and for the benefit of the Colonials amongst us is the national bean counter) couldn't connect-so we had to instal there too. There's a school of thought that it wouldn't have made any feckin' difference but who am I to comment...
We should maybe just given the pillock a multi coloured plastic kiddie-keyboard and told him it was connected up.

We needed to send one of my Project Manager team over with some techies to have a look and I thought.." If anyone's going to number 10 it's me"...after all, when will this small town Jock without a qualification to his name ever get through the door again.
As we approached the door there was a guy polishing it, and he saw us coming and slammed the door. "Charming" I thought, but then realised he'd done it as like every other drongo who enters, he knew I wanted a pic in front of That Door.

Politicians are always filmed walking towards the door with that "I'm on business of the Nation" walk so I thought feck it...I'll have some of that too!

Sorry its a bit grainy but my techie taking the pic was pissing himself as a copper with a submachine gun was giving me the daggers.
DC was out.

ROD CURRIE screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 11:36 AM
ROD CURRIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #2993
JediMaster
Adam Lewis

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
GS. I've kept quiet for all the mocking and abuse but Politician's an insult too far. How dare you, Sir! The very thought.

I'm a Programme Manager..my team had just installed an IT network into the Treasury and George (who lives next door and for the benefit of the Colonials amongst us is the national bean counter) couldn't connect-so we had to instal there too. There's a school of thought that it wouldn't have made any feckin' difference but who am I to comment...
We should maybe just given the pillock a multi coloured plastic kiddie-keyboard and told him it was connected up.

We needed to send one of my Project Manager team over with some techies to have a look and I thought.." If anyone's going to number 10 it's me"...after all, when will this small town Jock without a qualification to his name ever get through the door again.
As we approached the door there was a guy polishing it, and he saw us coming and slammed the door. "Charming" I thought, but then realised he'd done it as like every other drongo who enters, he knew I wanted a pic in front of That Door.

Politicians are always filmed walking towards the door with that "I'm on business of the Nation" walk so I thought feck it...I'll have some of that too!

Sorry its a bit grainy but my techie taking the pic was pissing himself as a copper with a submachine gun was giving me the daggers.
DC was out.
Oh! I thought you gone to answer to the PM for riding in the back of a Bongo truck

ShortWayRound/Facebook

ShortWayRound Smugmug Gallery

Trails of North America...a photo journal

Trails of South America (PtI)... a photo journal

"The brave may not live forever - but the cautious do not live at all" - unknown philosopher
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #2994
norseV4force
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:

I'm a Programme Manager..my team had just installed an IT network into the Treasury
Ohhhhh so that's the reason. I'm actually quite dissapointed. I just thought the reason was because Westminster Council thought it prudent to give the Downing Street bin men really good uniforms.
norseV4force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #2995
oothef
Grownup

Oddometer: 32
I thought you were modeling for Man at C&A
oothef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #2996
Franck B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee bee View Post
If you really want the best bike ever made for overland travel, google "c90adventures". you,ll be amazed..
Indeed, amazing, the IRAN especially, but also the inquisitive and challenging nature of the rider. I´ve done quite a few km offroad in Indonesia and Madagascar, and these little beasts are quite capable, they bring you anywhere... if you´re not too much in a hurry. Road cruising 80 km/h.
Many countries, not only Russia, give good lessons of life.
Franck B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #2997
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Terry, This is brilliant!

Guys. Look at the Iran update! . It's a real eyeopener and shows how things as we say ad nauseam, are shown to us the way our politicians want us to see it-not how they actually are . People are just people, not the monsters they'd have us all believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc

Anyone for an Iran trip??
And isn't this just precisely why we travel? Now seriously thinking about a route adjustment through Iran this year.
igormortis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #2998
jordiakof
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:

DC was out.

: Rofl: Rofl: D: D
jordiakof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #2999
EtronX
:-)

Oddometer: 213
The evening at Nikita's

After we were all together again we got three rooms, the bikes inside a fence and outside our small huts

We headed over to the restaurant to get some food.

There were a lot of people there. Of all nationalities and ages. Most of them were backpackers doing their Trans Siberian Rail Road trip from Moscow to Vladivostok and now they had a little detour up to Olkhon. We even met an old friend. Pierre the piano tuner

Old 01-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #3000
bomose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 949
Forget the piano player. Who's the blonde?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=955211Chasing Dinosaurs
bomose is offline   Reply With Quote