Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
CaptUglyDan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
THE Cpt Ugly Dan met in Baja, 2011?

The windy section isn't till AFTER Salina Cruz. It's flat out retarded. I've NEVER rode such wind before. I was seriously thinking my tires were going to kick out from under my bike while I was leaned what felt further then 45 degrees. What was worse was it wasn't steady so you nearly hit the ditch, then into the on-coming vehicle. I guess Fletch met a guy after we parted ways who hit the ditch the day prior to us going through.

As for maps, I have City Navigator Mexico and from what I found it worked pretty damn well! Not sure what I had for Guatemala and Belize, but both of those were no issues navigating... I'll look into it. Big files but if i had to host for you guys to download I could see what my options are.
Hi Quinn, Yep its me, My buddy Jack and I met you guys in Gonzaga bay, I rode that damn Sherpa down thru Central America and back, I was inspired after seeing your RR from last year and thot, Hey I can do that! Ran into Jim here and Matt (great guys BTW) on the ferry over from La Paz to Topolabumpo. That too was the craziest wind i ever rode in myself, Jim must of had a good day! I went over twice on the bike. I only had 2 months but enjoyed every minute. Thanks for the GPS tips! Sorry for the hijack Jim, Please carry on.
CaptUglyDan is offline   Reply With Quote