ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #2221
gimpy9195
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 800
It's on my radar. Not a grab.

gimpy9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #2222
dhtugs
Easy Explorer

Oddometer: 329
I agree. Rice "rightfully so" Paddy chewed me out a bit ago for giving what I didn't realize was a clue to one of his tags. Didn't know it was a no-no at the time but I see the point. What's harder to understand lately are tags posted with no clues and grabs posted with no locations noted. Inner circle syndrome or paranoia? Unfortunately makes some lose interest in the game.

Carry on all and ride safely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
You guys play the upstate tag giving clues to other's tags? That would be considered poor taste in the other games.

dhtugs screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 07:14 AM
dhtugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #2223
Domromer
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
It's hard to find a happy medium I love to ride but hate to Google. Sometimes I feel like I'm almost asking for the answer when I ask for clues. But some people seem to like the challenge of figuring it out and others seem to like making it as difficult as possible. I'd rather keep people riding than making it super difficult. That is the point of the game right... Getting out and riding.... Just one mans opinion.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #2224
cbolling OP
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
It's hard to find a happy medium I love to ride but hate to Google. Sometimes I feel like I'm almost asking for the answer when I ask for clues. But some people seem to like the challenge of figuring it out and others seem to like making it as difficult as possible. I'd rather keep people riding than making it super difficult. That is the point of the game right... Getting out and riding.... Just one mans opinion.
+1

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #2225
Ridingman1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
I agree. I have missed a few grabs for a variety of reasons, but never had a bad ride.

'74 R90/6, '01 R1150GS, '12 R1200GSA
Ridingman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #2226
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
+2 It's all about the ride for me.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #2227
Domromer
Desert Rat

The flip side to that is sometimes finding a really hard tag can be rewarding. Rice placed a tag in winnsboro. There was no clue other than the photo and Google Earth was no help. I managed to find the tag after a lot of searching. Would have felt as good if it wasn't such a challenge? No I don't think so, but do I want every tag to be super hard no I don't think so either. That's why it's tough to find the middle ground. I feel like if you are going to place hard tags you should be ready with some good clues. Sometimes when I place a tag I have to remind myself that not everyone lives where I do and sees what I see every week and I shouldn't assume that everyone knows the same locations that I do.

Ideally I'd like someone from any part of the state to be able to find my tags if they felt like going for a ride. Like someone mentioned earlier how many people will skip out on the tag game if they have to spend more than a few minutes on the computer before they grab a tag.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #2228
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby4life View Post
+2 It's all about the ride for me.
I've been with the same company for 18 years and some of my coworkers still ask the silliest questions like "Did you ride your bike to work today?" Well duh, my motto is if I'm breathing I'm riding.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #2229
Domromer
Desert Rat

Does your scooter have the heated grips and seat?

Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #2230
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Does your scooter have the heated grips and seat?
Why yes it does... and ABS to boot.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #2231
Domromer
Desert Rat

Great looking bike. I gotta find one of those locally to check out.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #2232
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Great looking bike. I gotta find one of those locally to check out.
I'm loving mine. I'm trying to find a time slot to do a coast to coast to coast run this summer on it.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #2233
brakedw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
That's a very cool bike and if you are handicapped then please ignore my next comment.

As a motorcyclist, road bicycle rider, and car driver I a always interested in fostering good will and respect use of the road. As a physician with handicapped patients I'm keenly aware of parking. So please consider not parking in handicapped spots or the blue lines around them they are needed space for loading or unloading wheelchairs etc. even if you just stopped for the picture it sets a bad example and appears to be disrespectful.

It just my opinion take it leave it. I do not claim to know you or your intentions.
brakedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #2234
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedw View Post
That's a very cool bike and if you are handicapped then please ignore my next comment.

As a motorcyclist, road bicycle rider, and car driver I a always interested in fostering good will and respect use of the road. As a physician with handicapped patients I'm keenly aware of parking. So please consider not parking in handicapped spots or the blue lines around them they are needed space for loading or unloading wheelchairs etc. even if you just stopped for the picture it sets a bad example and appears to be disrespectful.

It just my opinion take it leave it. I do not claim to know you or your intentions.
You must not hang out here much or you would have seen my handicapped license plate in some of my other posts. Jumping to conclusions is not a healthy exercise. As I explained to the DMV worker, all of my bikes have motors so my bad leg and cane don't stop me from riding since I don't have to pedal them. As for my choice of parking space, I position my bike far enough to the rear and away from the car beside me to allow unfettered access. The other reason I use that spot is to free up another full handicapped space for a car driver that needs it. How about climbing off of your high horse and onto your bike. If you're busy riding you don't have time to draw wrong conclusions.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #2235
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby4life View Post
You must not hang out here much or you would have seen my handicapped license plate in some of my other posts. Jumping to conclusions is not a healthy exercise. As I explained to the DMV worker, all of my bikes have motors so my bad leg and cane don't stop me from riding since I don't have to pedal them. As for my choice of parking space, I position my bike far enough to the rear and away from the car beside me to allow unfettered access. The other reason I use that spot is to free up another full handicapped space for a car driver that needs it. How about climbing off of your high horse and onto your bike. If you're busy riding you don't have time to draw wrong conclusions.
Did he not ask you to ignore the rest of that post if you were indeed handicapped?

Sounds to me like he was defending your right to park there.....