ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #16
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
I might take the second half of the summer off and would like to explore some more of that area. We'll be passing pretty close to Jacobs chair on the May ride.

Too many trails, not enough time
Jacob's chair? Cleopatras chair as well, right?

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
Ron in Boise OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Thanks for the good information!

I took Red Rock Rider's advice and ordered the Utah Rec. map as well as a book recommendation from another thread regarding ATV trails in the Moab area. Many of the routes recommended in other threads have encouraged me to research them further.

Now, I just need Spring to come as soon as possible. When it gets nicer down in Southern Utah I will probably start out in the St. George area and work my way East to the Moab area before I am done.

I met with my Orthopedic surgeon yesterday and it looks like toward the end of May is when I get a new right shoulder joint installed. Up until then, adventures are in order. He thinks that the recovery will be about 4 months. That coincides with when it turns hot here in Southern Idaho. I can do the recovery with ease cause I have a nice airconditioned home and shop.
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Jacob's chair? Cleopatras chair as well, right?
I need to search that
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,515
Just curious...anyone ride that little deadend spur off of the Poison Spring Canyon trail on the west side of the Dirty Devil river in the area we're talking about here west of the Maze trail? I just stumbled on to that trail last May, and it climbed way above the Dirty Devil with awesome views of the river and canyon. The trail itself got pretty interesting with rock falls and washouts until it finally disappears from huge rock falls. You can see it continue down the canyon where it probably goes back down to the Dirty Devil. It was one of those little jewels you don't hear much about that was well worth the side trip.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #20
Ron in Boise OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
I posted this on the TW200 site today.

Southern Utah Spring Adventure
I am planning to head to Southern Utah about the middle of March. I am retired so I am planning for a couple of weeks of adventuring. I have a small motorhome and can camp where ever I want or is permissible.
I have researched this area a bit already and it looks like it would be best to start in the St. George area and then as the weather moderates, head to the east toward the Moab area. I have not explored this area on a dirt bike before; I have gotten some good input from the Adventure Riders forum. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852968
If there are other TW riders that have the time and the interest, I would welcome the company. I do have a lot of flexibility for my schedule. I don’t need to get back to Idaho until about the second week in April though. I understand the weather could be getting a little hot in Southern Utah by then anyway.
If you are interested in such an adventure, contact me. ronhbr@cableone.net
Happy Trails All
Ron in Boise
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote