Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #31
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
Don't know about rotator cuff surgery but, I fell off a lader & drove my femur THROUGH my tibial plateau. 8 hours of surgery, 13 skrews & a metal plate in my leg. No more whoops for me but, I still ride kinda fast when I'm just playing out in the woods with friends. SUCKS that I can't race hare scrambles anymore but, there's still a TON of fun to be had on dirt bikes.

My Dr. said "No more dirt bikes" but, my hair lipped uncle gave me better advice when he said "Hmuck em" (refering to the Dr.)
That is fucking hilarious!

I go for rotator cuff suregry in a couple weeks. It's gotta be better after than it is now. I have been living in severe pain since June 3rd! Rode twice all last summer.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #32
heliyardsale
Always looking for Dirt!

Oddometer: 409
I've had four rotator cuff repairs, one on the left and thee on the right here is the latest fixed Nov 20th this past year

Six weeks in a sling, six weeks passive stretching, six weeks pt. long recovery.

Heli (Doc Mike)
heliyardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #33
Gros Buck OP
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesupreme View Post
nah, forget about it, 'yer done for!... you need to just get rid of that KTM and give it to me.......... hehehehehe......
I would have considered that request but unfortunately, you failed at showing a minimal level of politeness ... Next time, do not forget to end your sentence with the word "PLEASE".

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliyardsale View Post
I've had four rotator cuff repairs, one on the left and thee on the right here is the latest fixed Nov 20th this past year. Six weeks in a sling, six weeks passive stretching, six weeks pt. long recovery.
Four times ? You seem to recover faster then an Alien too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
That is fucking hilarious ! I go for rotator cuff suregry in a couple weeks. It's gotta be better after than it is now. I have been living in severe pain since June 3rd! Rode twice all last summer.
Yeah. It hurts like a delivery through the nose ...

Paul Jr
Old 01-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #34
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Ok That dude won't take anthing but the full package !!!

r

i said ill take pain with the lot, then i got a divorce ontop of that..
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #35
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,380
Dislocated my left shoulder at work in 1993 and tore the labrum. Rehabbed the rotator cuff due to employer not wanting to have surgery done. Dislocated the shoulder again later, employer still wouldn't do surgery. Ended up having it done 2008 on my benefits and vacation time. 5 anchors put in.

Tore my labrum and bicep in my right shoulder November 2011 during a dual sport event. Had surgery last February. Three anchors put in as well as shaving of bone spurs.

Broke my left fibula riding gravel road in W. VA last April while still rehabbing the right shoulder. Crutches prolonged the rehab.

Recovery time after SLAP repair can take a year. It's very painful after surgery and motion is virtually non-existant. Follow the Doctor's orders and do the physical therapy. You should be able to ride with little to know problems. Expect some pain while riding though. Just strengthen the rotator cuff as much as possible without re-injuring it.

I'm still riding though. Rehab is your friend.
MySPOT

RandoCommando screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 12:30 PM Reason: Fixed spelling error and added month of April for broken bone.
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #36
nevermind
sLOW Rider

Oddometer: 2,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
Dislocated my left shoulder at work in 1993 and tore the labrum. Rehabbed the rotator cuff due to employer bit wanting to have surgery done. Dislocated the shoulder again later, employer still wouldn't do surgery. Ended up having it done 2008 on my benefits and vacation time. 5 anchors put in.

Tore my labrum and bicep in my right shoulder November 2011 during a dual sport event. Had surgery last February. Three anchors put in as well as shaving of bone spurs.

Broke my left fibula riding gravel road in W. VA last year while still rehabbing the right shoulder. Crutches prolonged the rehab.

Recovery time after SLAP repair can take a year. It's very painful after surgery and motion is virtually non-existant. Follow the Doctor's orders and do the physical therapy. You should be able to ride with little to know problems. Expect some pain while riding though. Just strengthen the rotator cuff as much as possible without re-injuring it.

I'm still riding though. Rehab is your friend.

With that track record, who would take this advice? Absolutely no personal offense intended whatsoever by my comment!
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #37
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind View Post
With that track record, who would take this advice? Absolutely no personal offense intended whatsoever by my comment!
None taken.

Hopefully I can make it through this year without tearing/dislocating/breaking anything.
The concussion from that dual sport ride in November 2011 was not fun.
Riding out of the woods with a torn shoulder, headache, and no rear brakes was interesting to say the least. LOL
MySPOT
Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
Gros Buck OP
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Quote:
Riding out of the woods with a torn shoulder, headache, and no rear brakes was interesting to say the least. LOL
We give you a chance to re-phrase this ... The word "interesting" sounds too weird to me ...

After I kissed the ground with the bike over me, I had to replace the rotator back into his socket ... I bang the shoulder on the tarmac many times, but my right elbow was still 2 to 3 inches bellow the left one. I asked my friend to raise my arm, and doing so, pushed the rotator back into his hemi-spheral socket. I heard and felt too well the "knocking" sound. Ouch !!! At that point, because of the pain, my eyes were almost blind. All I could see was like black sheet with a small hole. Like if each of my eyes were looking into a 3/8 " tube.

My friend found a way to put me back on the bike. Fore-arm and hand were working, but from the shoulder to the elbow, everything was dead. It behaved like a piece of Ham hanging under 12 inches of cord. 20 minutes of bike, and 5 hours of pickup later, I was at the hospital.

Paul Jr
Old 01-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #39
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Quote:
We give you a chance to re-phrase this ... The word "interesting" sounds too weird to me ...

After I kissed the ground with the bike over me, I had to replace the rotator back into his socket ... I bang the shoulder on the tarmac many times, but my right elbow was still 2 to 3 inches bellow the left one. I asked my friend to raise my arm, and doing so, pushed the rotator back into his hemi-spheral socket. I heard and felt too well the "knocking" sound. Ouch !!! At that point, because of the pain, my eyes were almost blind. All I could see was like black sheet with a small hole. Like if each of my eyes were looking into a 3/8 " tube.

My friend found a way to put me back on the bike. Fore-arm and hand were working, but from the shoulder to the elbow, everything was dead. It behaved like a piece of Ham hanging under 12 inches of cord. 20 minutes of bike, and 5 hours of pickup later, I was at the hospital.

Paul Jr
Ok. It was an "experience" to say the least.

Sounds like you had some nerve damage/pinching during your ride back.
I'm surprised you were able to make the ride back without going down.
Kudos to you.
MySPOT
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #40
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
My experience suggests you have plenty of dual sporting left if you want.

In 1981 I collided with another rider mid-air off a jump during a Friday night stadium race. I shattered the ball of my left shoulder when I landed. Most painful thing that ever happened to me. I was 31 and it was a year getting back to normal. I stopped racing after that and concentrated on my career.

I started riding again in my mid 50's and so far no problem. I enjoy dual sporting at my own pace. I don't have full motion of my left arm, though, and I get bursitis in it easily. A few days in the gym with a lot of stretching cures it pretty quickly.

I've fallen off a few times, but never on that shoulder so far. Doesn't seem to be an issue.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #41
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,459
[QUOTE=Gros Buck;20583653]I would have considered that request but unfortunately, you failed at showing a minimal level of politeness ... Next time, do not forget to end your sentence with the word "PLEASE".

PLEASE?.....
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #42
Gros Buck OP
Beef = Packed Vegetables

For those who may wonder, the surgery was a success and beyond any hope. I'm heading for a 99% recovery.

Paul Jr
Old 07-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #43
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Quote:
For those who may wonder, the surgery was a success and beyond any hope. I'm heading for a 99% recovery.

Paul Jr
Awesome news.
Hope you have a quick recovery and a hot physical therapist.
MySPOT
Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #44
Gros Buck OP
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Quote:
Awesome news.
Hope you have a quick recovery and a hot physical therapist.
The hot therapist is my wife ... Kind of ... Worry not about that ...

Paul Jr