ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
arunta dreama OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
arunta dreama's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: c.q
Oddometer: 243
birdsville to mungeranie

need some advice

I HAVE JUST MARKED A SECTION INTO A RIDE IM PUTING TOGETHER FOR LATER IN THE YEAR
WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS RIDEN . BIRDSVILLE TO POEPPEL CRN AND DOWN TO MUNGERANIE IN THE LAST YEAR OR SO ....... VIA K1 & WARBURTON TRACK
ACCORDING TO MAPSOURSE IT IS ABOUT 470 KM -
1. DO I ALLOW A DAY OR IS IT A 2DAY SOFT SAND RUN ?
2.IF 2 DAY ANY CAMP SPOTS
ANY INFO WOULD BE GOOD

CHEERS A.D
arunta dreama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
philth
philth
 
philth's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: bald knob
Oddometer: 5,924
shes been shut with floodwater for 2 years mate
id be surprised if there was still a track to follow
__________________
i must not post hairy buttocks
philth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
arunta dreama OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
arunta dreama's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: c.q
Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
shes been shut with floodwater for 2 years mate
id be surprised if there was still a track to follow
cheers philth
mate have you got any info on the b/ville inside track
a.d
arunta dreama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
shedmarket
Chris
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 464
SA Road website (http://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/OutbackRoads);

Birdsville Inside Track
CLOSED
(Alton Downs Station Access)- Will remain closed until further notice due to flooding in Goyder's Lagoon. Note: this is not the main Birdsville Track

It has read this now for over two years as we have tried to get to the dry lake races at Lake Gairdner for that amount of time and couldn't either time.

Hopefully this year the races happen, my luck is they are on the same week as my 25th wedding anniversary. You CANNOT have enough brownie points for that, so maybe next year.
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #5
arunta dreama OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
arunta dreama's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: c.q
Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by shedmarket View Post
sa road website (http://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/outbackroads);

birdsville inside track
closed
(alton downs station access)- will remain closed until further notice due to flooding in goyder's lagoon. Note: This is not the main birdsville track

it has read this now for over two years as we have tried to get to the dry lake races at lake gairdner for that amount of time and couldn't either time.

Hopefully this year the races happen, my luck is they are on the same week as my 25th wedding anniversary. You cannot have enough brownie points for that, so maybe next year.
umm... Well ... Might have to rethink the loop
cheers a.d
arunta dreama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
philth
philth
 
philth's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: bald knob
Oddometer: 5,924
if your group was capable, it would be a great adventure to find the old track
__________________
i must not post hairy buttocks
philth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
arunta dreama OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
arunta dreama's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: c.q
Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
if your group was capable, it would be a great adventure to find the old track
mate funny you should say that - i have been thinking exactly the same thing .....
does anyone has any photo of the track before it was washed off the face of the plantet ?
and an actual trip log would be helpfull
thanks A.D
arunta dreama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #8
shedmarket
Chris
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 464
I would talk to the police at Birdsville and maybe Maree in SA. The fine in SA for travelling on a closed road is $2000 per wheel, still expensive on a motorbike.

I would imagine if you did get stuck and need retrieving the earful and additional costs would be a tad excessive too.
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #9
philth
philth
 
philth's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: bald knob
Oddometer: 5,924
gday mate
i last rode the warburton track around 5 years ago aqnd the creek was like an irrigation channel
about 5 m across and seat deep
but after that it was gold
awesome winding track between low dunes then it skirted massive white salt pans
then up between huge dunes like your riding in a deep valley to the turnoff to rig road
it was awesome and if you can do it legally, go for it
i remember the dunes at the turn off to rig as being the biggest ive ever seen
but maybe me brains a bit foggy
doesnt matter
you dont cross em
travel between em
__________________
i must not post hairy buttocks
philth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #10
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001
 
WILL_S's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: goodly satisfactory place, qld
Oddometer: 2,097
this site is awesome for getting cordinates for those old tracks.
__________________
out riding bored and stroked posties....braaaaaaaaaap
WILL_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 AM   #11
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: TWILIGHT ZONE
Oddometer: 2,792
Warburton Track





__________________
.. I fixt it...my way....gjr
UncleGra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #12
arunta dreama OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
arunta dreama's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: c.q
Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by shedmarket View Post
i would talk to the police at birdsville and maybe maree in sa. The fine in sa for travelling on a closed road is $2000 per wheel, still expensive on a motorbike.

I would imagine if you did get stuck and need retrieving the earful and additional costs would be a tad excessive too.
cheers chris

cobber i rang the meree copshop , they put my call through some sort of call centre--- so who knows who i was talk'n too... But the end reply from ''older and i dare say he has been around a bit copper was ---- mate $2000 bucks a bike will seem cheap if ya fuck it up
then he hung up

needless to say i didnt ring back to ask about getting across yeipaw&^%#na crk
arunta dreama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #13
arunta dreama OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
arunta dreama's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: c.q
Oddometer: 243
There has gotta be away without breaking to many rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclegra View Post
warburton track





any pics of the creek ?
arunta dreama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
shedmarket
Chris
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunta dreama View Post
cheers chris

cobber i rang the meree copshop , they put my call through some sort of call centre--- so who knows who i was talk'n too... But the end reply from ''older and i dare say he has been around a bit copper was ---- mate $2000 bucks a bike will seem cheap if ya fuck it up
then he hung up

needless to say i didnt ring back to ask about getting across yeipaw&^%#na crk
It does not need to be said but they do not share the "Adventure" spirit. I suppose they do spend a lot of time, energy and resources retrieving idiots so they must get sick of it.

My memory of the fine process is $2,000 per wheel so the fine for a bike is $4,000. That is even if you are not stuck or need saving. Their logic is if the road is wet and you drive on it leaving continuous ruts they have to regrade the road, which is expensive and time consuming. If they are in good condition, get wet and no one drives on them until they are dry they stay in good condition. In Western NSW they not only fine you but have the power to charge you for the repairs to the road.

I have driven on a lot of roads just after they have reopened and the continuous dried out ruts left by cars or trucks are bloody hard to negotiate on a bike.
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #15
arunta dreama OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
arunta dreama's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: c.q
Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by shedmarket View Post
It does not need to be said but they do not share the "Adventure" spirit. I suppose they do spend a lot of time, energy and resources retrieving idiots so they must get sick of it.

My memory of the fine process is $2,000 per wheel so the fine for a bike is $4,000. That is even if you are not stuck or need saving. Their logic is if the road is wet and you drive on it leaving continuous ruts they have to regrade the road, which is expensive and time consuming. If they are in good condition, get wet and no one drives on them until they are dry they stay in good condition. In Western NSW they not only fine you but have the power to charge you for the repairs to the road.

I have driven on a lot of roads just after they have reopened and the continuous dried out ruts left by cars or trucks are bloody hard to negotiate on a bike.
fingers crossed they bitumen it soon and wack up a mcdonalds on the crn of the rig rd and the k1
arunta dreama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014