ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #10336
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,128
FS North Face VE 25 Tent

SOLD

OK before this goes on the Flea Market or Craig's List, up for sale is my North Face VE 25 tent.
If you know tents you know this is one of the best 4 season tents made. This is my second VE, my first lasted over 20 years and finally fell apart after 100s of trips. It is complete with the footprint and rainfly and poles. It is in excellent condition. It could use a cleaning and you will need to supply your own stakes, however it is a free standing tent and you only need stakes for the vestibule on the fly if you put it on. It has two large entry doors (front and back) and the fly has two vestibules, but the back is smaller than the front. A queen size air mattress will just fit inside.
I am only selling this because I bought a travel trailer and my camping trips are going in a different direction. Search the web for reviews and other pictures. This tent is about 2-3 years old but it looks perfect. No tears or broken zippers. This will probably be the last tent you ever buy. For what it weighs and specs you can go to the North Face web site.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...r/ve-25_2.html

Amazon has it for $ 529.00 I would like to get $ 325.00 with shipping to any one in the Rockies forum and that includes the footprint. PayPal works for me.
If you are out of the Rockies forum area, let me know your zip and I will add a bit more for shipping. You can also pick it up in Santa Fe for $ 300.00
I lost the tent stuff sack a while back so it comes with a waterproof stuff bag that I use for it, bonus!

Not a great picture but search the web and you can find lots more.
Some one is going to get a GREAT tent!

When you stop chasing dreams, that's when your getting old...until then enjoy the ride

CaptRick screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 03:12 PM
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #10337
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America

Oddometer: 443
RK TakasagoRX-Ring chain 520XSO 104 links

RK TakasagoRX-Ring chain 520XSO 104 links.

New in box, got it with a load of bikes and parts I picked up.

$40 - usually retail over $75.

Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #10338
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,382
Firstgear Rainier $285 for locals, add $15 if I ship it to you

Firstgear's top line jacket, lists for $499.95.

I've had the first generation Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro Air....currently have a Kathmandu in XL and I bought the Rainier in XXL to give room for layers and heated gear.
Turns out the Rainier XXL is exactly the same size as my Kathmandu XL, so I have two very similar jackets in the same size.

They're both extremely good jackets, but I prefer the Kathmandu as I've traveled with it extensively and it's thinner liner leaves a bit more room.
I haven't had this jacket very long, it's been on a couple of local rides, done commute duty for a few weeks - that's about it.
In excellent, like new condition.

The Rainier zip-in liner can be worn as a separate coat, and is thick and warm - the complete jacket system is so warm you don't need heated gear unless it's pretty cold and you've got a way to go.

All waterproof zips, good venting, great pockets - and a hood in the soft comfy collar.

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #10339
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,793
Patagonia, North Face, GoLite stuff

Posting some stuff for my son..

First up, a Patagonia 850 Fill Down Sweater Vest. Men's Large
Perfect condition. Retails at $150, asking $75 (local pickup or delivery) VEST IS SOLD

Next, GoLite softshell Men's Large. Green (though not as bright as depicted in these photos) Retailed at $100, asking $40 local

Next, a North Face Off Chute 22 backcountry pack. White, good condition.
Retail was $150, asking $70, although I might buy it from him, so I have first right of refusal bitchezzz.

Factory photo

I travel all up and down the front range for work, and even get to the Western Slope sometimes (this week in fact), so let me know if I can help with delivery.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA

TheDudeAbides screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 06:36 PM
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #10340
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
Here’s the deal guys: I’ve got some worsening health problems that have forced me to the conclusion that I need to sell my Yamaha, and the trailer that I’ve used to haul it and other motorcycles. The health issues are not life threatening, but they do mean that it’s really not a good idea for me to ride on two wheels anymore. Among a bunch of symptoms, I’m slowly losing my balance, and as of yet I haven’t seen a doctor, neurologist, neurosurgeon, or physical therapist who has any idea what’s going on.

1978 Yamaha XS650, asking $2250 obo: odometer shows approx 25,500 miles (unsure if accurate or not, but that’s about what’s on the title too). Clear CO title in my name and in hand, and currently registered. You will be getting a great-running bike that will attract attention wherever you go. It’s not perfect, but pretty darn good. Previous owner converted it to look like a Triumph Scrambler, complete with black ceramic-coated high-mounted side pipes from Gordon Scott. Engine was rebuilt by previous owner, carbs rebuilt, frame, wheels, and a bunch of other stuff powdercoated black; wheels were powdercoated by the previous owner, then spoked, trued, and balanced by Woody’s in Denver; tank, fenders, & carb covers painted British Racing Green (some scratches & chips…it’s a good 10-footer in terms of appearance, but was a garage paint job by the PO). Brand new seat. Avon Distanzia tires front & rear; front is nearly new; rear looks to be better than 50% tread remaining. Has a PAMCO Ultimate electronic ignition installed (no points to fiddle with), a permanent magnet alternator installed (charges the battery far better than stock, but should have the TDC timing mark re-done, a very simple task), a new battery (purchased in December 2012), CBR600 front brake with near-new pads and disc, 5th gear has been replaced with an overdrive gear (better for the highway), a small oil cooler (requires the use of a different oil filter readily available at MikesXS.com); and the carbs are jetted for the altitude, the exhaust, and for the pod air filters. Comes with enough oil and filters for several thousand miles. Starter is installed but not connected; bike starts on 1st or 2nd kick. Bike is currently at Front Range Cycle shop in Colorado Springs getting a brand new wiring harness installed (complete, bike runs great now), along with new fork seals & oil, new clutch & shifter shaft seals installed, and new switchgear (complete). I bought this as a running project bike...as soon as it’s back from Front Range Cycle (should be this coming week) it will be available. I don’t want to sell, but again…two wheels just aren’t a good idea for me anymore. Sale will not be completed until the bike is back from the shop and you’ve had the opportunity to see it in person. But if multiple people are interested in it, I’ll go in order of the responses I get.

EDIT: Trailer is sold

Miscellaneous ratchet and tie-down straps, free with purchase of any of the above items until there are none left. An entire milk-crate full of them. Or you could look at this as a score on a prime piece of KLR luggage pre-loaded with tie-down straps. Some are brand new in the package, and there’s a mix of straps designed for securing a car to a trailer or a motorcycle to a trailer. The used ones are in serviceable condition. I’ve used the motorcycle straps and some of the car straps. No pics of those…I think we’ve all seen tie-down straps, and heck…they’re a gift with purchase.

All sales are final, I offer no warranties expressed or implied on any of these items, and any/all of these items are to be used at your own risk, for which I bear no responsibility.

PM me with your contact info, and we’ll set up a time for you to look. I’m in Fountain, at the south end of Colorado Springs.

I’ll probably be adding a couple more things in the next couple days that I need to get pics of…I know I've got two brand new Pit Bull paddock stands (I'm asking $50) that I need to get out of the garage...just need to get pics and get them posted.
Just wanted to thank soldierguy again and let everyone know what a pleasure it was to deal with him. And, someone needs to buy this XS so that I am not tempted once I get my tax return!!
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #10341
RockyMtnScotsman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
gone
1973 Moto Guzzi 850 El Dorado
2005 Honda CRF230F (wife's bike)

RockyMtnScotsman screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 12:32 PM
RockyMtnScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #10342
bradrh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrh View Post
I have a Laminar Lip Windshield for sale. For an older KLR (pre-08), or a WR250R. It's model K1123S. Smoke color. Used less than 1 season and in good shape. I wanted something taller. I have enough extra Dual Lock Velcro buttons for your install. $50

Here's the lam lip image, they have it mounted lower.

Here's a pic on the KLR
http://laminarllc.com/klr650.php
Price drop - $50
Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #10343
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,741
Quote:
I'm a big fan of that style and of the XS. I really wish I had the money to buy it from you. How much longer will you be in town, Dan?
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #10344
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
Just wanted to thank soldierguy again and let everyone know what a pleasure it was to deal with him. And, someone needs to buy this XS so that I am not tempted once I get my tax return!!
Thanks Olas! It was a pleasure dealing with you too. Hope the trailer works out well for you.

'13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
'14 KLR...I love this thing!
soldierguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #10345
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
I'm a big fan of that style and of the XS. I really wish I had the money to buy it from you. How much longer will you be in town, Dan?
I've got a couple more weeks in town, then I'm heading out to California for an indefinite time period. Going to do some job hunting using a little place in the mountains as a base, and do some traveling. I'm starting to work up plans to go spend a month-ish in Australia visiting some friends there...definitely visiting Sydney & Melbourne and some smaller towns in eastern Australia.

'13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
'14 KLR...I love this thing!
soldierguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #10346
booradley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
vest

I'll take your vest, email sent, Thanks

QUOTE=TheDudeAbides;20598267]Posting some stuff for my son..

First up, a Patagonia 850 Fill Down Sweater Vest. Men's Large
Perfect condition. Retails at $150, asking $75 (local pickup or delivery)

booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #10347
dckiteboards
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
ITEMS ARE ALL FOR XR 400 2003 +/-

Desert tank $130 shipped

custom built KTM headlight$ 75 shipped

im located in vail, CO if you wanna meet up ill certainly knock off 20 on the tank and 15 off the headlight

dckiteboards screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 10:02 PM
dckiteboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #10348
ottodawg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Husqvarna 455 Rancher 20-Inch Bar

I've got a new in box, factory sealed, Husqvarna 455 Rancher with a 20" bar. Runs $425 on Amazon I'll take $395.

Located outside Idaho Springs, but could meet up in the metro during the week.

More info here.

ottodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #10349
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
I’m getting ready to move to California, and need to clear out a few things before I go. I’m not asking any money for these things, but I do love Australian wine. I’d be happy to part with any/all of this stuff for a bottle…I love any Shiraz, or a particular one called Layer Cake. Hell, even if you show up with nothing but a smile, I'd still give ya the stuff.

Stuff follows:

EDIT: XS650 PARTS ARE SPOKEN FOR. Several boxes of parts that came off of my '78 Yamaha XS 650. Most of this stuff came with the bike when I got it, and I honestly haven't gone through it all. You could likely build about 1.5 engines with what's there. There's a bunch of lights, a couple of alternators (I'd recommend testing and possibly re-winding), a seat in good condition (cover is good, minor surface rust on pan and one small rust hole in the seat pan), and two chrome exhaust pipes (I don't have the header pipes). You may see some oil in the pics...I'm keeping the oil and oil filters. I have what I need for the bike, and don't have room for the extra stuff where I'm going. I'd rather that this all goes at once rather than piecemeal it all.

EDIT: CARGO BASKET IS GONE. THANKS CO-DAN! Yakima MegaWarrior cargo basket. Includes all mounts to install on your car that has cargo crossbars (cargo crossbars not included), and includes a cargo bar to secure or partition your load on the rack. I’ve used this on both an Outback and a Grand Cherokee. 52X48X6.5 inches. Pretty good condition, with some minor scrapes from use and storage. I have three locks and keys to lock the cargo basket to your crossbars (only two are needed, one per crossbar), or you can use it without the locks. A new MegaWarrior is $379 on Yakima’s website. I have a truck now, so I have no need for a cargo basket. It can be taken apart to make storage easier, but I'm not going to disassemble it for ya.

EDIT: RAMP IS GONE. THANKS CO-DAN! ReadyRamp folding aluminum motorcycle ramp/bed extender. 600lb capacity, 98 inches long when laid out flat, 56 inches long when fully folded up, and is designed to be used on a tailgate that is at least 60 inches wide if used as a bed extender. It’s too big to use as a bed extender or cargo partition on my Tacoma, but would work in that role on a full-size truck. A new ReadyRamp for a full-size truck is $289 at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. I never used it as a bed extender, and have no idea what happened to the straps that are supposed to attach it to the bed, but it’d be pretty easy to figure something out for that.

Miscellaneous ratchet and tie-down straps. An entire milk-crate full of them (a bonus for KLR owners! ). Some are brand new in the package, and there’s a mix of straps designed for securing a car to a trailer or a motorcycle to a trailer. The used ones are in serviceable condition. I’ve used the motorcycle straps and some of the car straps, and I'm keeping the ones that I need to move the bikes. No pics of those…I think we’ve all seen tie-down straps.

All transactions are final, I offer no warranties expressed or implied on any of these items , and any/all of these items are to be used at your own risk, for which I bear no responsibility.

PM me with your contact info, and we’ll set up a time for you to come by. I’m in Fountain, at the south end of Colorado Springs.

Dan,

Very nice to meet you, thanks very much for the stuff, it is much appreciated
Ian
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #10350
Dxhall
n00b

Oddometer: 5
tire changer

I'd like to sell my No Mar "Classic" tire changer. It's in perfect shape, has all accessories. I think they're $645 new without all the stuff I have. I'd like to get $325 for mine. It's too bulky to ship, so it will need to be picked up in Wheat Ridge, CO. Any questions - go to the No Mar site (they have a nice video of how it works) or email me at dxhall@hotmail.com.
Dxhall is offline   Reply With Quote