Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #1231
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigunit View Post
G'day there are some good shots there,just wondering what the front light assembly is as I would like to do something similar,not convinced the 2x trail design is the best way,what do you think.

G'day bigunit, thats a britannia composites light and fairing set up.
www.britanniacomposites.com/

That sux Mario. I made mine one piece, never liked the look of that big clamp or the amount it actually laps on by.

poppy screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 01:20 AM
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #1232
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiousbob View Post
because mine is currently undergoing a top-endectomy. allegedly, the donk doesn't like dirt going in it...
Mate can you entertain us and let us know how much and what they are doing ?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #1233
TEdan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Poppy's air box

I made mine one piece, never liked the look of that big clamp or the amount it actually laps on by.

Hey Poppy,
Any photos of the airbox set up you made?
I too am not a fan of that big clamp and the lip it sit on. I have found it come off the back of the air filter box a couple of times and would love to sort something out with it.
Did you change the air intake loctions at all?

Cheers, Dan.
TEdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #1234
cautiousbob
struggling along

Oddometer: 415
don't ask me how much...

this machine is my becoming my kids inheritance. top end rebuild is $2600 clams.

doug - i don't know which part was rooted, but the air box behind the filter was always clean, they took it apart and reckon there's dirt in the donk and also in the pipe between the air box and donk. i'm not real special at fixing mechanical stuff and 2012 was pretty busy for me, working out bush = no time for bike.

the bloke tried suggesting swapping it for a 630, i may be sentimental, but this is the first machine i have bought since new. i think i'm keeping her for good.

i'd be interested to see what the one piece arrangement looks like. post up some pics if you have them please doug.

stu - the list is long and extensive. if you tell my wife how much i'm spending on this machine there will be trouble. i picked up my pushbike today from a service...that was painful enough. i'm going to need a second job - maybe a snake catcher (that's another story - but it involved me catching a 2.5m long python that was resident in our chook shed. alas, the chooks didn't survive the encounter).
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 AM   #1235
stujamur
Havin the craic

Mario your secrets safe with the rest of the internet world.

You love your bike, fix it , keep it , ride it and give it some love . It will be good for a while to come .
I am just keen to know what they do for the $$$ .

Where they going to trade do you a trade for a 630 . I like them a lot
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 AM   #1236
bigunit
Dunco610

Oddometer: 11
I know this conversation probably comes up all the time but I need to fit new shoes to my 610,I do a bit of everything, ride to work on black stuff and love dirt gravel and mud I also go for a ride with my old man who is road only,the nobs wear very quick and the Mitas are a little shaky in parts off the black stuff so Ive been told. There's not the perfect tyre out there but suggestions would be welcomed.
bigunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #1237
asi00007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Hi guys
Im following few Thread about the Husqvarna 610, 630 and Terra and I
need some advice from you ... I put my eyes on the TE 2009 ie with only 70 km on it the dealer want 8000$ and the new TR 650 Terra which is 2000$ more and its 2013 , my question is it worth the 8000$ or to go with the Terra ?
Thank you for any information
Asi

asi00007 screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 03:58 AM
asi00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #1238
stujamur
Havin the craic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asi00007 View Post
Hi guys
Im following few Thread about the Husqvarna 610, 630 and Terra and I
need some advice from you ... I put my eyes on the TE 2009 ie with only 70 km on it the dealer want 8000$ and the new TR 650 Terra which is 2000$ more and its 2013 , my question is it worth the 8000$ or to go with the Terra ?
Thank you for any information
Asi
Asi they are very different bikes . 610 for more dirt 650 for more road .
Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #1239
asi00007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Thanks!! that's gave me the answer ... and how is the 610 with 2 up handling ? (only light gravel).. the good thing I'm gonna do without the extra weight
asi00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #1240
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEdan View Post
I made mine one piece, never liked the look of that big clamp or the amount it actually laps on by.

Hey Poppy,
Any photos of the airbox set up you made?

Cheers, Dan.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiousbob View Post
doug - i don't know which part was rooted, but the air box behind the filter was always clean, they took it apart and reckon there's dirt in the donk and also in the pipe between the air box and donk.

the bloke tried suggesting swapping it for a 630,
i'd be interested to see what the one piece arrangement looks like. post up some pics if you have them please doug.
The 630 can suffer the same fate.The tube from the head to the airbox falls out.I've also had my airbox pop off the throttle body straight after a service.Luckily it stalled and then ran like shit and was on road.

Any of you 610 blokes had a tps fail or a maf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigunit View Post
I know this conversation probably comes up all the time but I need to fit new shoes to my 610,I do a bit of everything, ride to work on black stuff and love dirt gravel and mud I also go for a ride with my old man who is road only,the nobs wear very quick and the Mitas are a little shaky in parts off the black stuff so Ive been told. There's not the perfect tyre out there but suggestions would be welcomed.
I run a michy t63 ,wears well ,works well on a 630
Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #1241
stujamur
Havin the craic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asi00007 View Post
Thanks!! that's gave me the answer ... and how is the 610 with 2 up handling ? (only light gravel).. the good thing I'm gonna do without the extra weight
Asi the 610 is a big dirt bike - it has rear pegs and can 2 up but i would suggest it is not designed well for 2 up and is not very good at it . It really is just a big dirt bike that can handle long stretches of tar better then some other dirt bikes .

I have not ridden the terra 650 ( there is a tr650 thread here ) but it will be much better for 2 up but the compromise is it will not be as good when the going gets tougher and rougher .
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #1242
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,125
G'day Guy's, i didn't actually manufacture one, i pulled the airbox and boot out and cleaned everything up, re-installed the clamp then sikaflexed the two componets together. Now it needs to be removed as one piece if and when it is required. The only place it can come off now is from the throttle body. I only found out when i pulled the bike apart to clean it. When re-assembling it, it seemed quiet easy to over tighten the clamp which would let the the two pieces slip apart. So i pulled it back out, put back together as one and then re-installed it. And it is easier to remove and install when required. That plug in breather hose could be fixed in by drilling a 1/8th hole through the female section and putting a split pin through it. I ran some tapearound the breather pipe and made it so it was a real tight fit.
Something like this cotter pin would work well.

poppy screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 05:33 PM
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #1243
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
G'day Guy's, i didn't actually manufacture one, i pulled the airbox and boot out and cleaned everything up, re-installed the clamp then sikaflexed the two componets together. Now it needs to be removed as one piece if and when it is required. The only place it can come off now is from the throttle body. I only found out when i pulled the bike apart to clean it. When re-assembling it, it seemed quiet easy to over tighten the clamp which would let the the two pieces slip apart. So i pulled it back out, put back together as one and then re-installed it. And it is easier to remove and install when required. That plug in breather hose could be fixed in by drilling a 1/8th hole through the female section and putting a split pin through it. I ran some tapearound the breather pipe and made it so it was a real tight fit.

Good idea with the split pin on the breather ,i used a ziptie.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #1244
boxerr80
Rob T

Oddometer: 36
Husky 610 Long Distance adventure tourer

I have always liked the 610 and last year purchased a 2 nd hand 2009 TE 610ie with 4,000 Km to use as an adventure bike.
I have a BM F800 GS but can not use the all the horse power so I was riding a heavy bike and not using it's performance ability and decided to go for a lighter bike for its ease of riding.

I was amazed how well the husky performed nice power it will cruse all day at 120 KM giving 26 Kpl which gives me a 400 range with a fuel bladder , great suspension, light weight I luv how you can just lay on the ground and change a tyre etc or pick up if you drop it, miles better the the DR 650 I owned some time ago and since purchasing the Husky do not ride the GS

I added a small screen, sheep skin, soft pannier frames , which made a great light weight tourer 47 tooth rear sprocket . Mitchelin T63 tyres

Now the problem I was travelling to the Snowy mountains to spend a week riding the 4WD trails through the Victorian high country. Had travelled 500 Km mostly on main roads and was having a great time than the vibration started which shook all the fasteners engine bolts loose before i got back to a town, my mates wasted an afternoon helping but I made them keep going as Ii did not want to ruin their holiday

NRMA premium cover looked after me with a hire car and the bike will be home next week perfect.

A ADV rider search has highlighted the problem of the balance shaft drive coming loose and should not be too hard to fix, I hope no other damaged has been done as I rode 70 Km after the heavy vibration started .

The problem is I am not a regular trail rider but like to use a bike to get to out of the way places mostly using some type or road/ track often doing 600 Km weekends travelling at least 10,0000 Km most years. I was happy to rebuild the motor every 3 years and even change the Cam chain every 18 months I do not mind working on a bike but I want to trust the bike will get me home.

Is the husky up to this or am I expecting too much to do these long road distances, or do I need to go back to a heavy reliable bike like as GS or Yamaha 660 .

I luv this bike but when I use it want to have a trouble free run.
I have noticed a few low Km hukies for sale are these owners giving up before they have problems.

A bit long but would value your input.

Rob

boxerr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #1245
stujamur
Havin the craic

Boxerr80

See some previous posts a few pages back about this - with links to pics
The vibes are your woodruff key is broken and the counter balance is gone .
You need no 9 woodruff - 27 & 38 mm sockets - 73 ft lb on the nut when you replace the key .
Dusrbruva rode about same distance on his and all was ok .

Once that nut is regularly checked and torqued you should have no issues with longevity . Fella in usa are up 30-50 thousand miles on there 610 .

Regular checks on cam chain and check the washers and springs in the clutch cush while doing the woodruff.

Drz / dr / xr they all need bits and pieces checking / keeping an eye on .

stujamur screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 08:13 PM
stujamur is offline   Reply With Quote