User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #2641
Tnutt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Tail Light

I was wondering if any one has found a LED tail light for the CRF? I want to keep the stock fender assembly back there so no eliminator kits. Is there one that just plugs into where the bulb goes?
Tnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #2642
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Here is where it sits today. It has the EJK tuner, air box mods, 13t sprocket, Shinko Trials tires, Big Gun slip on, led taillight, tool kit removal.

itrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #2643
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by itrack View Post
Here is where it sits today. It has the EJK tuner, air box mods, 13t sprocket, Shinko Trials tires, Big Gun slip on, led taillight, tool kit removal.
Looking good !!!

How loud is that Big Gun ?
I just ordered the the stage one kit from BDSB's with the megabomb and Q4 I just hope it is not too loud
BDSB just lowered their prices and it was cheaper than the CRF's Only kit.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #2644
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
Looking good !!!

How loud is that Big Gun ?
I just ordered the the stage one kit from BDSB's with the megabomb and Q4 I just hope it is not too loud
BDSB just lowered their prices and it was cheaper than the CRF's Only kit.
And we all KNOW you started it with no muffler. How much quieter than no muffler is the Big Gun?

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #2645
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
And we all KNOW you started it with no muffler. How much quieter than no muffler is the Big Gun?
lol ... yes we do !!!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #2646
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Looking at this, it seems the spark arrester (#7 on this) is $63. The lower part is just the spark arrester screen, which slips off (not sure which post showed this). So, I think Ed@Ford posted he modified the muffler on his XR400. It seems a cheap mod would be to get the SA out, and enlarge the holes (which you can't see in this schematic) to make it a bit more free flowing, and a little louder, way less $ than any aftermarket muffler, while still retaining the cat. Point being if you went a little at a time, enlarging the holes, and got too far, easy enough to put it back the way it was. Some of these DB ratings I'm reading about are just way to obnoxious, just my 2. Will the ECU "relearn" the mod?

http://www.hondapartsnation.com/oemp...be2131/muffler

Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #2647
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
its pretty loud compared to stock. The bike is way louder with no exhaust :)
itrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #2648
CR250R
StllSmokin

Oddometer: 15
Looking good. Btw I have a big gun full Evo R system on the way, will post sound clips once it's installed and my EJK comes.
CR250R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #2649
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Fat Bars

I realize this is a personal preference type question but ... I would like to hear what people like.
I am leaning towards the woods low bend because I also have the Rox pivoting 2 inch risers coming.
these are the pro taper bars I have to choose from.

CR High Bend
CR Mid Bend
Carmichael Bend
KX High Bend
Henry/Reed Bend
Pastrana FMX Bend
Windham Mid Bend
Woods High Bend
Woods Low Bend
YZ High Bend
Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #2650
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
I realize this is a personal preference type question but ... I would like to hear what people like.
I am leaning towards the woods low bend because I also have the Rox pivoting 2 inch risers coming.
these are the pro taper bars I have to choose from.

CR High Bend
CR Mid Bend
Carmichael Bend
KX High Bend
Henry/Reed Bend
Pastrana FMX Bend
Windham Mid Bend
Woods High Bend
Woods Low Bend
YZ High Bend
I have the CR High on 2" Rox Risers ...... it's ok for 'attack position', but when casually riding in a standing position they're a little low. I'm 5' 9" but that's not the relevant measurement ... problem is, I can't remember the sleeve length on my dress shirts.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #2651
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Looking at this, it seems the spark arrester (#7 on this) is $63. The lower part is just the spark arrester screen, which slips off (not sure which post showed this). So, I think Ed@Ford posted he modified the muffler on his XR400. It seems a cheap mod would be to get the SA out, and enlarge the holes (which you can't see in this schematic) to make it a bit more free flowing, and a little louder, way less $ than any aftermarket muffler, while still retaining the cat. Point being if you went a little at a time, enlarging the holes, and got too far, easy enough to put it back the way it was. Some of these DB ratings I'm reading about are just way to obnoxious, just my 2. Will the ECU "relearn" the mod?

http://www.hondapartsnation.com/oemp...be2131/muffler
Yes, compared to this CRF spark arrestor, the "windows" that are covered with screen in the XR400R spark arrestor are HUGE by comparison. BUT, there is also a snuffer in the end of the XR400 spark arrestor that keeps the noise down to 86dB..I think. If you take that snuffer out, it is VERY noisy...way over he 96dB allowed in offroad events now by AMA. I created a snuffer with much less restriction similar to the ones created way back then by XR's only. By comparison, the CRF has fairly small windows...but no snuffer. My thought is to take a stock CRF spark arrestor, or a reasonable copy, and hog out bigger windows, add screen, and get to a reasonable sound level, with a reasonable power increase. I am personally not interested in spending $700 to remove 7 pounds, and end up with a nasty loud muffler...and yes....anything over 90dB is LOUD in my book...but the stock CRF is 80dB....is similarly over kill in the opposite direction. I have a sound meter, and plan on taking some dimensions off the stock XR400 "windows" and the CFR "windows" over the next couple weeks.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #2652
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
I have the CR High on 2" Rox Risers ...... it's ok for 'attack position', but when casually riding in a standing position they're a little low. I'm 5' 9" but that's not the relevant measurement ... problem is, I can't remember the sleeve length on my dress shirts.
what about cables, did you have plenty of room ?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #2653
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
what about cables, did you have plenty of room ?
Rerouted the clutch cable ... don't remember exactly how. Rotated the throttle assembly on the handlebar to point the cables down instead of up.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #2654
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
Yes, compared to this CRF spark arrestor, the "windows" that are covered with screen in the XR400R spark arrestor are HUGE by comparison. BUT, there is also a snuffer in the end of the XR400 spark arrestor that keeps the noise down to 86dB..I think. If you take that snuffer out, it is VERY noisy...way over he 96dB allowed in offroad events now by AMA. I created a snuffer with much less restriction similar to the ones created way back then by XR's only. By comparison, the CRF has fairly small windows...but no snuffer. My thought is to take a stock CRF spark arrestor, or a reasonable copy, and hog out bigger windows, add screen, and get to a reasonable sound level, with a reasonable power increase. I am personally not interested in spending $700 to remove 7 pounds, and end up with a nasty loud muffler...and yes....anything over 90dB is LOUD in my book...but the stock CRF is 80dB....is similarly over kill in the opposite direction. I have a sound meter, and plan on taking some dimensions off the stock XR400 "windows" and the CFR "windows" over the next couple weeks.
80 dB, had no idea, seems pretty quiet, even by comparing to bikes I've had recently. I think some have said that this computer controlled system is way more sophisticated than ones in the past, mostly to keep the "backyard mechanic", out of the loop. Haven't heard from Ramz lately, I think he stated something like, you won't believe what information we can get out of this. Not quoting, but here on this thread, quite early on, he stated something similar. Others have noted that changing anything is a no no on current laws, nobody getting hung around here just lately, though, the pirates are taking mufflers off for the first mod. Oh crap, pirates, and KTM bashing, I though this was a CRF forum

Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #2655
Jinksy
- Jinksy

Oddometer: 55
CRF 250l Mods

New to the dual sport world. I'm trying to make my CRF faster off the line. How can I make this happen? Is "The Best Dual Sport" stage 1 kit worth the money? Please send me a private message and let me know.
Jinksy is offline   Reply With Quote