ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #9916
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,411
ebay has the rebuild kits for dr carb pretty cheap. or if you are close enough just stop by franks shop. he says he has all o rings in stock. pick up an extra set and throw in tool box... cuz you will need em again.

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #9917
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
5 of us showed up for lunch today at Brownies. Good food, good fellowship. 2 of us were even on bikes :-)
Made it home ok, slightly warmer on the ride home (by a couple of degress) than going up there. Hope everyone made it home ok.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #9918
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

I noticed same thing.. Fingers n toes not cold on way home and I was toasty warm too. But when it started raining I high balled it for home.

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #9919
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,005
1974 Honda MT250 Elsinore...

Well, I made it to B-ton today to pick up the '74 Honda MT250 Elsinore that my oldest brother found in Indianapolis on FleeBay. Not bad shape for a 39 year old bike really. I will tinker with it to get it running and then park it until he wanders out from upstate NY to pick it up and take it home to ride. Production date of the bike is 8/73, which makes it a '74. The bike also came with the original title dated 04/03/74 when the bike rolled off the showroom floor for $860.00 +tax. How cool is that??!? Neat stuff that brings back a ton of memories...

...And this is what happens when the original owner did NOT use the correct tools for the job

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #9920
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
I noticed same thing.. Fingers n toes not cold on way home and I was toasty warm too. But when it started raining I high balled it for home.
Didnt really run into anything I would call actual rain, but mother nature was spitting here and there. Nice ride home, when I got home it is 42'F on my outside thermometer. When I left this morning, it was 30'F. See you guys next week, hopefully.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #9921
RoadDad
n13ub

Oddometer: 396
Change the subject

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...37413&page=467 Any of you hooligans seen this. I want to go there also.------Aw hell, copy paste my arse. Scroll down to post 6998 for my intended item
RoadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #9922
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad View Post
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...37413&page=467 Any of you hooligans seen this. I want to go there also.------Aw hell, copy paste my arse. Scroll down to post 6998 for my intended item
That is sooooooo cool!....and I'm extremely jealous! Here's the link that I believe you were looking to convey...

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

Old 01-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #9923
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Subject change again...

Okay, I know this may not be motorcycle related, but it IS civil liberty related and I know pretty much everyone in here pretty much feels the same way concerning what's fixin' to happen in this country. Not sure if you guys (and gals) have heard anything about this so I wanted to pass it along just in case...
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Local event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/456894617698254/
Local 2a Group: Hoosiers Walk for 2nd Amendment Rights

National event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

When: Friday, Feb 8th
Time: 10a-12p (or until people decide to disband)
Where: South side of the Capitol building in Indianapolis
What: A peaceful gathering of Indiana's 2nd Amendment supporters.

Legal Details: (IANAL) We must stay to the public sidewalks (without blocking them) and obey the law (don't walk in the street; don't jam up crosswalks; don't block access to businesses; don't interfere with vehicular traffic etc). The Statehouse property is off limits to those possessing a firearm, LTCH or not. You do not need an Indiana LTCH to carry a long gun, however, it has been brought up that we may be in the vicinity of a Gun Free Zone. Knowing this, if you decide to carry a long gun, and do not possess an Indiana LTCH, you do so at your own risk.

Event Details:
The Guns Across America event on Jan 19th went off with great success, but had minimal coverage from local media. Hopefully, this event will obtain greater success and greater attention since the Capitol Building will be occupied.

Taking a cue from the Jan 19th rally, we will not be marching, but will instead be having a simple rally and meeting at the same location. Bring your friends, families, neighbors, signs, and dress well and conduct yourself in a respectable manner. Help us let our voices be heard.

Attendees are encouraged to carry their firearms. You may choose to carry any legally owned firearm you wish and are properly licensed to carry. It is requested that all long guns be unloaded and slung in a safe direction (given that there are buildings of multiple floors adjacent to the rally point, muzzle down is preferred). Sidearms may be carried as you normally would (OC or CC) if properly licensed to do so. Please ensure they are in a safe condition and properly stored in a holster.

As representatives of the gun owner community being put in the spotlight, it will be IMPERATIVE for you to set a proper example of safe, law abiding gun owners. This is not the time to show off and pass around your firearms as the last thing we want is a negligent discharge and someone to end up in the hospital. That being said, appearance is everything. It is highly recommended to wear business casual, or better.

Also, please spell check your signs.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #9924
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

pretty cool video....

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #9925
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
pretty cool video....

Those guys ain't so tough...

I coulda rode like that before I got sick...
Little Blue goes looking for Orange
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #9926
dougfromindy
I smell premix

Oddometer: 2,099
Tpar, Did you ride your 300 today?
Post up some pics of it.
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #9927
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougfromindy View Post
Tpar, Did you ride your 300 today?
Post up some pics of it.
naa... 300 is apart gettin some new bits..

but did get the trusty klr out though, and wouldn't ya know.... it started right up like i rode it yesterday..

when i get 300 back together... you will know bout it..

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #9928
dougfromindy
I smell premix

Oddometer: 2,099
Let me know as I have 2 qty 380 excs now, a 98 and a 99.
Good you are getting rebuild experience on the 300.
I may need to hire you on the 99 , much easier to kick over than 98
(compression difference for sure).
I need to test it out soon as the weather breaks, the 98 is minty fresh.
99 380 exc here:

98 250 sx:

98 380 exc:

99 380 rolling chasis:

dougfromindy screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 06:10 PM
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #9929
godwinmt
They call me Crash

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Okay, I know this may not be motorcycle related, but it IS civil liberty related and I know pretty much everyone in here pretty much feels the same way concerning what's fixin' to happen in this country. Not sure if you guys (and gals) have heard anything about this so I wanted to pass it along just in case...

I got a flyer for the rally last weekend at the gun show! I'll definitely make a trip up for it!
godwinmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #9930
crowbot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Well I changed my oil and filter, and the air filter and box appeared untouched by fuel, but was unable to get the carb apart due to not having a garage and the fact that one I was using was dark dirty hole that would be all to easy to lose little bits in. So until I can get the carb apart to properly address the problem shutting off the fuel and running the bowl empty is gonna have to do I guess. Not having a garage in this weather is quite a pain.
crowbot is offline   Reply With Quote