Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
uberaudi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Road trip with the wrong crowd...

Some friends and I decided that we needed to do a trip together last week and decided on Death Valley! There's me on my r1100r, Chris on the black drz, Andrew on the yellow drz, and Jason on the black Husqvarna. See what I mean about wrong crowd? The Husqvarna has about 70 mile range which is horrible! Anyways, here are some pics of our weekend trip to death valley.

Started early Saturday morning in Camarillo with one of many fill ups...

The guys and I
The ride to death valley from Camarillo is pretty boring so pics for that, but with all the fill ups we finally got to the actual park at about 1530, and we left at 0600.

Came in on 127, quite possibly one of the loneliest highways in ca.

The most offroad action we will see this weekend

Of course we had to stop and see the armagosa opera house, but it was closed so we moved on

About 12 miles from the campsite we had our first and only hiccup, Jason's husky broke the clutch cable!
Luckily I had a spare cable for my bike in my pannier, so we were able to rig it to work

It wasn't pretty but it did the trick and got him home!

Jason listening for traffic while we messed with his bike

I know I have a cable in here somewhere...

Left a marker of our stopping

We eventually got to the campsite, but it was dark the whole time we were there so no pictures
We left Sunday morning early again, this time going from the 190 to the 395 stopping in panamint springs for breakfast and gas, both of which was super expensive! This leg was quicker no doubt, but was crazy windy and very cold up at the summit of Towne pass, almost 6000 feet

We only stopped long enough to take pictures and put more layers on

The rest of the ride home was pretty boring, just cold and windy. Once we got to van nuys we kept hitting pockets of super heavy ran, but it really didnt bother us since we were wearing all our layers already.

So that was our trip, already planning the next one and the super moto boys are looking for bikes better suited to road trips!

uberaudi screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 08:35 PM
uberaudi is offline   Reply With Quote