Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #181
cbbr
Super Noob

Oddometer: 144
The sketch of the house could definately be it. Its been 15 years. A friend tried to fine it again several years ago and said that the house was no longer standing. Do you have any coordinates or directions on how to get to the site?
cbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #182
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass

Oddometer: 5,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbr
The sketch of the house could definately be it. Its been 15 years. A friend tried to fine it again several years ago and said that the house was no longer standing. Do you have any coordinates or directions on how to get to the site?
They moved it a few years ago. I'll help you out with that later.
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #183
cbbr
Super Noob

Oddometer: 144
Thanks. I have been wondering about it for a while and hope to take a ride up there soon.
cbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #184
Poodoo
PooYie

Oddometer: 56
Where can I find the route you have made or come up with? I'm from Laffayette area and would like to ride the route. I looked around a little on your thread and couldn't find it. Show me the money... I mean map...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaOutbackTrail
For those of you who remember, I "ceased to spend my resources to continue the trail"... well, I'm back at it...
This time, I am trying to route up to Arkansas and the Trans America Trail. This information, instead of being the stingey bastige like I used to be, will be posted on ADVrider.

For those of you who are new to ADVrider, check this out. I have assembled a route that I orignally planned to circle Louisiana. I gave up on it for a little while, but have decided to continue working on it. The route extends (so far) from Leesville, La to Shreveport, La. Covering some 170 miles of dirt roads, trails. I will include in the route info different loops which are interesting, bypasses, POIs, campgrounds, and the things mentioned below.

I will post the routes in .gpx and .gdp formats. I will try to include gas and food waypoints. On here, I will also include the better restaurants to visit, as well as locations of motorcycle shops just in case.

All I ask in return for posting the routes, is that if you do ride the route, to post pictures here or a link to your ride report. Does this seem fair?

FOR SOME REASON, I have lost all of my route info, except the northern portion which I just rode.

Here is a pic to wet your appettite
Old 02-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #185
Poodoo
PooYie

Oddometer: 56
Where can I find the route you have made or come up with? I'm from Laffayette area and would like to ride the route. I looked around a little on your thread and couldn't find it. Show me the money... I mean map...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaOutbackTrail
For those of you who remember, I "ceased to spend my resources to continue the trail"... well, I'm back at it...
This time, I am trying to route up to Arkansas and the Trans America Trail. This information, instead of being the stingey bastige like I used to be, will be posted on ADVrider.

For those of you who are new to ADVrider, check this out. I have assembled a route that I orignally planned to circle Louisiana. I gave up on it for a little while, but have decided to continue working on it. The route extends (so far) from Leesville, La to Shreveport, La. Covering some 170 miles of dirt roads, trails. I will include in the route info different loops which are interesting, bypasses, POIs, campgrounds, and the things mentioned below.

I will post the routes in .gpx and .gdp formats. I will try to include gas and food waypoints. On here, I will also include the better restaurants to visit, as well as locations of motorcycle shops just in case.

All I ask in return for posting the routes, is that if you do ride the route, to post pictures here or a link to your ride report. Does this seem fair?

FOR SOME REASON, I have lost all of my route info, except the northern portion which I just rode.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #186
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass

Old 05-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #187
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass

A Quick Trip Around Natchitoches

Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #188
thelouv
ocd

Oddometer: 105
What a great clean and attractive city! Nice to see those in LA. Remind me, what is the name of the restaurant across the street from the river and the visitor's center at that round about thingy? Good burgers & sandwiches!!!
You should do a quick video of the Plantation road there along Cane River Lake too.
Triumph Rocket III (sold)
F800GS (got mine)
Next? Duc 1098 ADV? nope,
went back to a Jeep, and still lovin the GS
thelouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #189
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouv
What a great clean and attractive city! Nice to see those in LA. Remind me, what is the name of the restaurant across the street from the river and the visitor's center at that round about thingy? Good burgers & sandwiches!!!
You should do a quick video of the Plantation road there along Cane River Lake too.
That would be the Pioneer Pub and Restaurant.

I do need to do that run also.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #190
Caravan2112
n00b

Oddometer: 4
GPX/Map

I am fairly new to ADRider. This is actually my first post... I see a lot of chatter in this thread about the maps of Louisiana you put together, but I am actually having a hard time finding the maps themselves. Are they posted somewhere in this long chain? Or is it something you posted somewhere else?
Thanks
Caravan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #191
Caravan2112
n00b

Route????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaOutbackTrail View Post

Where is the route posted? I would love to get the tracks if possible. Just started Dual Sport riding 16 mths ago. Heading out to RayHyde in May for official training, but it is more of an excuse to go ride out west. Live in BR and and having a hard time finding dirt routes around the state.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #192
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,849
Caravan- You're from BR? Don't know where to ride?

If it's not raining, let's go ride next Sunday.

If you don't know where to ride, you haven't met the right group of guys.

Dirty
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #193
Caravan2112
n00b

Routes

Post some of your routes, I will be happy to do the same. Just start riding 15 months back and have covered about 7k mile of La roads. Made another 1k in Arkansas, and 500 or so into Ms/Al.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #194
Caravan2112
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez View Post
Caravan- You're from BR? Don't know where to ride?

If it's not raining, let's go ride next Sunday.

If you don't know where to ride, you haven't met the right group of guys.

Dirty
Just seeing this post... Kinda busy next couple weekends... plus only ride an ole BMW GS... so if you think it can handle the trails, early/mid March I am back in.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #195
Texaskid89
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Glad you've got some Adventures to brag about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaOutbackTrail View Post
Edited To Remove Missing Pictures!
So I'm right dab middle to your neck of the woods. I plan on taking a trail ride soon. Would you be interested in another adventure? I'm looking to have a few riders, but I know it's hard to get people together due to work schedules.Ha
Texaskid89 is offline   Reply With Quote