Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,867
205 but who cares. Good to watch it again and it still makes my dick hard.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #17
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I think Grabham was in last weeks Dakar. I remember reading the name. Great video.
Yep, finished 16th or 17th from memory.

He had a few troubles and had a pretty horrendous accident last Easter (hit a roo and broke his back in the Condo 750).

Probably still nursing the back in that Video.

Australia's best desert racer.

Chris Hollis was on the world enduro scene a few years back on a Husqvarna.

Edit, I had a quick look for his result and I was a bit out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post
15th Outright, 2nd Rookie, 3rd Amature, 3rd Amature Super-production class..............amazing result for Ben who hit a roo at 150kph at the Condo 750 rally back in April and had a broken spine and extensive surgery !!

tHEtREV screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 04:43 PM
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
From A Riders View
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Junkee View Post
WTF you are that guy... and most of your siezed moutain bike trails were created from dirt bikes or cattle, just be aware you guys are next to loose all your trails too...
No, they weren't. Around me we have actual groups of people who go out into the woods with permission and build legitimate trails for hiking and bike use only, no motors. They get ruined by idiots on dirt bikes all the time. This just looked like it had some mountain bike obstacles...but I said I could have been wrong, and somebody said they were just random trails in Australia, so I was.

But I'm sorry, I have to ask...how do you loose a trail?
From A Riders View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,398
Here's how....

In Westchester county NY we had a wooded dirt bike area between highways, a few hundred acres. Been used by dirt bikes for 30+ years, included a self made little motocross track and many trails.

When the mountain bike guys found it 10 years ago or so, they started whining to the county that the bad motorcyclists were riding motorized vehicles there, and they basically STOLE the fucking place from the dirt bikers. Inherited a series of ready made trails. County had to do nothing but put up a sign for a mountain bike park. The rats started calling the police whenever a dirt biker tried to ride there.

Hate fucking bicyclists!

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #20
From A Riders View
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Here's how....

In Westchester county NY we had a wooded dirt bike area between highways, a few hundred acres. Been used by dirt bikes for 30+ years, included a self made little motocross track and many trails.

When the mountain bike guys found it 10 years ago or so, they started whining to the county that the bad motorcyclists were riding motorized vehicles there, and they basically STOLE the fucking place from the dirt bikers. Inherited a series of ready made trails. County had to do nothing but put up a sign for a mountain bike park. The rats started calling the police whenever a dirt biker tried to ride there.

Hate fucking bicyclists!
Well, that sucks. But I'm dealing from the area I live in, where we have people that go out and build trails with nice bridges, jumps, berms, and put a lot of work into the trails.

Also, I was being sarcastic, the idiot doesn't know the difference between loose and lose.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #21
gordhunt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Awesome video man those guys can ride

Sent from my Note2
gordhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #22
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMatt View Post
Theres no mountain bike trails there just good old single track through the Australian bush with some of Australias best including Ben Grabham 15th in this years Dakar
All true,Mt bikes arent the only bikes that have good singletrack and trails. + the pedal bikes are so slow on vertical cliff climbs with no run.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #23
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Riders View View Post
No, they weren't. Around me we have actual groups of people who go out into the woods with permission and build legitimate trails for hiking and bike use only, no motors. They get ruined by idiots on dirt bikes all the time. This just looked like it had some mountain bike obstacles...but I said I could have been wrong, and somebody said they were just random trails in Australia, so I was.

But I'm sorry, I have to ask...how do you loose a trail?
Could have been wrong,and indeed are wrong.
Downieville is a well known Mt bike downhill and trail riding area in nor cal,there were no trails there till motorcycle guys built trails long ago. Mt bikers have done their damndest to make it their own but havent won yet.
I ride mt.bikes but the snobbery of some Mt bikers puts even horse people to shame,not all of them but enough mt bikers think they have some god given right to rule any trail they want to make their own,it just gets old.

We had a trail work day,horse people,dirt bike people, all showed up to fix and build multiple use trails,they all got along fine.
Mt bike clubs were invited,free food,learn about trail building...........not a 1 showed up,with much advance notice.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #24
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,590
Quote:
...but it looks like they're riding on mountain bike trails. I know around me there are some dirtbikers who do that and they absolutely trash the trails because all the jumps and berms are designed for mountain bikes, and a lot of what they were on while on that singletrack looked like it was mountain bike sized...
Looks can be decieving

Don't assume anything based on looks. I'm totally about responsible trail use but I haven't heard of on instance where MC riders have been able to officially reclassify a mtn bike trail, on the other hand it's not uncommon for the opposite to occur. There was an effort by the Mtn Bike crowd and outfitters to reclassify the Soverign Trail in Moab to Mtn Bike only, luckily sensible minds prevailed, esp since this classic singletrack has been a MC trail for years before the Mtn Bikers "discovered" it. Your mtn bike crowd should work together with the dirt bike groups in your area if they aren't already, lots more effective than pointing fingers.

Yup, we have our share of jerkoff MC riders who ignore the rules but I've managed to run into more than my share of self righteous MTN bike riders that seem to think all singletrack should be theirs exclusively.

300s Rip!

Great Vid! Wish I could ride half as good as those guys.

RideFreak screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 05:18 AM
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #25
From A Riders View
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
All true,Mt bikes arent the only bikes that have good singletrack and trails. + the pedal bikes are so slow on vertical cliff climbs with no run.
It seems that we are around here, there aren't many dirtbikers here...but all the dirtbikers are really disrespectful. For example years ago one of the MTB associations here got land use from a guy who had a lot of land he wasn't using. We spent hundreds of hours, and dollars building the trails. We installed bridges over rivers and creeks, etc...there are probably 20-40 miles of awesome single track. Right down the road there's a family who has their whole yard filled with jumps and crap for dirtbikes, and he started to ride the trails across the street which he isn't welcome to use, there are even signs. He's been confronted by the land owner multiple times. They started logging the land, the owner at first was having them avoid our trails because we had a good relation with him, but this little prick kept riding in there, past the loggers and around them, and finally the land owner gave in and just had it all cut, and we lost all of our work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Could have been wrong,and indeed are wrong.
Downieville is a well known Mt bike downhill and trail riding area in nor cal,there were no trails there till motorcycle guys built trails long ago. Mt bikers have done their damndest to make it their own but havent won yet.
I ride mt.bikes but the snobbery of some Mt bikers puts even horse people to shame,not all of them but enough mt bikers think they have some god given right to rule any trail they want to make their own,it just gets old.

We had a trail work day,horse people,dirt bike people, all showed up to fix and build multiple use trails,they all got along fine.
Mt bike clubs were invited,free food,learn about trail building...........not a 1 showed up,with much advance notice.
That's not right either, if you built in, it's yours. I'm speaking from experience in my area again...95% of our trails have been built through the woods by mountain bikers. Many of them are "hidden" and don't start until 100 or feet off hiking trails to avoid dirtbikes finding them and ruining them. We build from nothing, we go out and cut trees, rake them out, build berms etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Looks can be decieving

Don't assume anything based on looks. I'm totally about responsible trail use but I haven't heard of on instance where MC riders have been able to officially reclassify a mtn bike trail, on the other hand it's not uncommon for the opposite to occur. There was an effort by the Mtn Bike crowd and outfitters to reclassify the Soverign Trail in Moab to Mtn Bike only, luckily sensible minds prevailed, esp since this classic singletrack has been a MC trail for years before the Mtn Bikers "discovered" it. Your mtn bike crowd should work together with the dirt bike groups in your area if they aren't already, lots more effective than pointing fingers.

Yup, we have our share of jerkoff MC riders who ignore the rules but I've managed to run into more than my share of self righteous MTN bike riders that seem to think all singletrack should be theirs exclusively.

300s Rip!

Great Vid! Wish I could ride half as good as those guys.
It shouldn't it should be shared. I've ridden the slick rock in Moab, which is definitely a multi use trail and that was great, a lot of nice riders on their motorbikes...like I said before, if you build it you should get to make the rules. If you don't want MTBs on it, get it made that way, but most motorbike riders are idiots and just RIP past us without stopping and then tear up our trails.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #26
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
but most motorbike riders are idiots and just RIP past us without stopping and then tear up our trails.
Dude you're in the wrong place. Attitude like that I'm suprised the "idiots" don't use you as a berm.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #27
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
So , a bicycle kid came to a motorcycle forum to whine about motorcycles? Youre peeing into the wind here.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
great 2 stroke video, made me realize how bad of a rider i am haha!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #29
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
So , a bicycle kid came to a motorcycle forum to whine about motorcycles? Youre peeing into the wind here.
Yup, another troll

Good start on here too.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #30
From A Riders View
Adventurer

Quote:
Dude you're in the wrong place. Attitude like that I'm suprised the "idiots" don't use you as a berm.
So, by being on a forum which I'm a member of because I was looking for more information on a motorcycle I'm looking at purchasing I'm in the wrong place. The video is awesome, I said that. BUT, I also said it LOOKED like he was riding on trails that were designed for mountain bikes. I also said if I'm wrong then so be it, and in this case I was. Then every little single minded dirtbike rider came at me like I'm the issue in this whole problem. I love riding single track as much as the next guy but I ride on a MTB not a dirtbike, I have no problems with dirtbike riders as long as they respect the work we've put into our trails. I've ridden on multi use trails plenty, and the riders on those trails have been nothing but respectful, on narrower sections everybody waited their turn to ride, and there were no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Or...I ride motorcycles and mountain bikes. Is that a new idea for you? You should probably widen your horizons.

Quote:
Yup, another troll

Good start on here too.
Yes, CLEARLY I'm trolling here, what a welcoming community this forum has turned out to be. You think my views are wrong? You're free to your opinion but you're the kind of idiot I'm talking about, instead of admitting that you can, and are wrong you continue to fight a pointless battle. Both MTBs and dirtbikes are at fault, I was merely pointing out that the trails they were riding on looked like a lot of the MTB trails we have in our area. If they had been single use MTB trails the riders in the video shouldn't have been riding them. If you want your own single use dirtbike trails where you live, find some land, get permission to use it, go to the town or whatever organization you see fit so you can make it known that you're the ones who built the trails, properly sign the trails at dirtbike only trails and if some MTB wants to come take your trail you have the documentation that you built the trails.

When our MTB association builds new trails we build them for our use, and our use only. Many times this is not so much because we are trying to keep them just to ourselves, but because mountain bikes don't make much noise, unlike dirt bikes. Many of our trails are built on land that is around residential areas, or areas where the sounds of dirt bikes aren't welcomed. They're also built a lot on national forest land, and they generally don't welcome motorized vehicles. In my area there are plenty of "powerline" trails that are open to dirtbikers and quads, but when they step off the trails designated to them and start riding on trails that we've built, that's where the problems arise. I've never come across a trail that said "No MTBs allowed" but there are plenty with signs prohibiting dirtbikers, and they just disrespect the rules and because of this we've lost trails, and had trails destroyed.