Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #571
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
I was just doing some e-mailing with Jason at ADV Motorrad. He's got a set of Holan Pro crashbars in stock, ready for delivery. To me these look like they provide the best coverage, and Jason is a great guy to work with on ordering stuff. So if you're in the market for the Holan Pros but didn't want the wait (they're all shipped from Poland), Jason has a set in stock now.

http://www.advmotorrad.com/index.php...&product_id=87

Not anymore..... I just ordered them.... replace my poorly made Touratechs.
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #572
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
I find it intersting what a lot of riders consider 'off road'.
I'm with you on that. Too many people say "off road" just because the road doesn't have a tarmac surface. FFS it's still a road. The term gives the wrong impression. IMO it gives the "antis" ammunition to stop us riding/driving in the wilderness areas because they say can say that WE say we're riding off road.
I always try to use the term "dirt road" when I tell people what I'm going to ride.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #573
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,425
Recently installed my Tiger Tank Pad (my camera on a lanyard was starting to scratch that wonderful matte paint!) and the factory headlight protector and yesterday installed Pilot3's LED *SUPERBRIGHT* tail / brake light mod!

Rode over to a friends house after dark to show it off. Didn't know he was walking down the street behind me when I turned in his driveway. I hear him yell at me when i cut the bike off, "Man, your tailight is OBNOXIOUS!!!"

Mission completed!! Thanks, Pilot!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #574
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
"Man, your tailight is OBNOXIOUS!!!"
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #575
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbiker View Post
Not anymore..... I just ordered them.... replace my poorly made Touratechs.
Well, didn't get them... Might make my own or modify and reweld the TT. Not sure but like the Triumph for engine protection the best.
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #576
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
Has anyone fitted a rotopax on the inside left of the HT rack and if so, could you post up some pics please.
Just want to get an idea if it works/available space and what it looks like to have it fitted in that space permanently.
I've measured it. It should fit.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #577
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation.
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #578
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation.
I want to do it too. I have another idea that I am going to try first.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #579
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I want to do it too. I have another idea that I am going to try first.
Oh, please share.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #580
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Recently installed my Tiger Tank Pad (my camera on a lanyard was starting to scratch that wonderful matte paint!) and the factory headlight protector and yesterday installed Pilot3's LED *SUPERBRIGHT* tail / brake light mod!

Rode over to a friends house after dark to show it off. Didn't know he was walking down the street behind me when I turned in his driveway. I hear him yell at me when i cut the bike off, "Man, your tailight is OBNOXIOUS!!!"

Mission completed!! Thanks, Pilot!
Glad I could help!
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:20 AM   #581
Tonk
Frozen Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
I just ordered my HT Racks yesterday and plan on putting a Rotopax on the left inner. It looks like a 1 gallon should fit but I was hoping to get a 1.75 in there. That's probably wishful thinking tho and maybe I'll just go 1 gallon with a small tool tube stuck in close. I'll install the rack and then order what fits.
Tonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #582
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
I just ordered my HT Racks yesterday and plan on putting a Rotopax on the left inner. It looks like a 1 gallon should fit but I was hoping to get a 1.75 in there. That's probably wishful thinking tho and maybe I'll just go 1 gallon with a small tool tube stuck in close. I'll install the rack and then order what fits.
Please post up pics whoever gets to this mod first.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #583
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Oh, please share.
best i can explain is that instead of having my caribou top box on the caribou top plate i am going to fab a plate to set on top of the caribou top plate. i really only bought the top box for the wife to lean against. this summer i am going to all soft bags. anyway, i will use the fasteners that attach to the caribou attachments. then put the rotopax on top of that. then if i still need space i will set a wolfman bag on top of the rotopax. this way everything is immediately detachable. it also keep the weight in line with the bike and i can fit a bigger rotopax. i could even overlap the passenger seat a bit since the plate will be detachable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
i put a buddy's 1 gallon up in the rack just to see and it seemed like it would fit pretty good. idk, let us know what you figure out. I ended up putting a tool tube in the space.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #584
eng42
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post

I find it intersting what a lot of riders consider 'off road'. Just about everything in that vid was smooth dirt. Most any bike can handle that. My experience with 'offroad' includes tight single track with rock steps, whoops, and extremely varied terrain. Almost everything that is a 'road' is navigable by any of these adventure bikes with the right tires. The better the suspension the faster one can traverse rough terrain without bottoming or breaking.
That's an excellent statement. When someone tells me something is "easy" or "tough", the first thing I want to know is where they are coming from. If they are (or were) a serious dirt-biker, their definition of easy is a lot different than someone who's only ridden street bikes.

I've found, so far, that my 955i Tiger will do just fine on about anything that you would consider driving a pickup on.

If I look at something with my dirt-bike trained eyes and think "well, we're going to need a little speed, here", then it's NOT something you want to attempt with a 500-pound anything.
'03 DRZ400S
'72 Husqvarna CR400
eng42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #585
abruzzi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
I may be buying a used 800xc sight unseen. There is a local bike with Jesses I've ridden so in know I like the bike, but the one I'm looking at has the the triumph panniers. I've heard iffy things, but I can't find any close up photos or videos showing what the pannier attachment points look like or how they work. Has anyone found any better info online? Google has so far failed me.

Geof