ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 573
Sunday 12-9 ride.

Yes it was cold at first hovering around 32F at 9:00 AM. After riding for a few minutes you get warmed up. The sun came out and it was just a beautiful day to ride.

I was a bit skeptical when told they ride year round, every week here. So far, so good. Yea I know the best is yet to come but hey I am riding about 45 minutes from home every week and having a blast! This makes winter motorcycle riding withdrawl much more tolerable to this fair weather rider.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

12-21-12 EOW ride.

It was COLD! But hey it might be the last time we could go riding so we had to have an EOW (End of World) ride.

Despite the cold we still had a great day riding......better than taking a chance and spending the possible last day of life as we know it at work.

Brian showing great technique, as usual.

Bart provided us with some enterntainment by getting his bike stuck. Crappy video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tEUn07-H1I

We got a bit crazy and swapped bikes. Yes it was inappropriate and I immediately suffered the consequences with the need to get a new bike.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #18
idahojoe
shut up and ride

Oddometer: 229
I found the secret spot

Not that I'm gay or anything, but I went hiking last weekend with my girlfriend and our dogs. We went to a place down by the river because it's inbetween our houses. I always like to take a different path and this time we just started boondocking. After a few hundered yards I noticed tire tracks, multiple layers of tire tracks. It took me a few minutes, but I told her these are trials bikes. Look, see the tracks end at that rock, but are on the other side of it too. I walked around following the trails for a good 30 minutes before continuing our hike. Anyway, I have a trials bike too, but 8 am is a little too early this time of year. See you in the spring.
78 R80/7
68 Maico 360
idahojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #19
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahojoe View Post
Not that I'm gay or anything, but I went hiking last weekend with my girlfriend and our dogs. We went to a place down by the river because it's inbetween our houses. I always like to take a different path and this time we just started boondocking. After a few hundered yards I noticed tire tracks, multiple layers of tire tracks. It took me a few minutes, but I told her these are trials bikes. Look, see the tracks end at that rock, but are on the other side of it too. I walked around following the trails for a good 30 minutes before continuing our hike. Anyway, I have a trials bike too, but 8 am is a little too early this time of year. See you in the spring.
Hey 8:00 AM is too early for me too. Luckily we are on the winter schedule and start about 9:00. At least it gives the sun a chance to come up. Come on out Sunday and get a ride in. A couple of guys are gone for the holidays so we some fresh blood.

Sorry to hear about your KTM. Really surprised at how many dirt bikes are stolen here. You CAN shoot bike thieves here right?

Looking forward to meeting you.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Thanks for inviting me out Mike, I had fun and got some good pointers from you, hopefully I will make it out next week. I went to Cycle Gear and got some pads, thanks for the tip.

Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #21
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Too cold for Gasgas.......

Hey glad you made it out. At least I was not the only crazy one. Turned out to be a great day. Forced to have good form or....whoops. You noticed that only the Beta's were there. That is because the Gasgas bikes don't start when it gets that cold. Maybe a Gasgas rider or two will make it out next Sunday.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #22
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

1-6-13 ride.

First ride of the new year. Damm it was cold. Around 8F when we first started riding measured by the thermometer in Bart's truck.

Slowly some other riders started to get there.......and then there were 4.

Then.......little by little the clouds went away and the sky turned blue. What a great day for riding.

We stayed to about 1:00. I wanted to ride more but my legs were turning to jello and could not support my 250# "traction package" any longer. I thought for sure the snow would be all melted off the rocks for next Sunday.....but then it happened. 3 -4 inches of fresh Idaho snow. I guess it is good if you like to ski.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

1-13-13 Ride

Most of the snow was gone and the sun was out. Still in the single digit temps. but a good day for riding.

Doing great for only the third ride!

What goes up......

Even had some "trials dogs" out for the ride.

Trials curious??? We ride every Sunday and new riders are always welcome. More fun and much more of a workout than it looks like. We started about 10:00 and rode to 3:00. Really kicked my arse. Still sore and tired today.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #24
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Sunday 1-20-13 ride

Must have been the coldest day for riding so far. Right about 2F at 10AM. At least I am not the only one with this obsession.

A great turn out considering the weather. A big kick in the nuts to who ever said the winters here are "mild". I keep thinking that maybe I should have picked Florida.....yea flat as a pancake and you might get a tropical storm or 2.....but none of this inversion BS.

Anyways, it still turned out to be a good day for riding........kind of like it always does. Beats the heck out of sitting at home reading ride reports of people in the southern hemisphere.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #25
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
I was thinking about you guys and wishing I was there yesterday. See ya next week, unless someone is interested in going out some time during the week.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
Abdelhub
Blanco Trasho

Oddometer: 721
that area looks fantastic. Is it public land?

Stay safe,
Mike

http://www.youtube.com/abdelhub
Abdelhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,039
Looks like fun. Whose old Chevy/GMC? Any more pics of it?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #28
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdelhub View Post
that area looks fantastic. Is it public land?

Stay safe,
Mike
All public land. It is a great place for trials riding. Lucky to have it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Looks like fun. Whose old Chevy/GMC? Any more pics of it?
Great fun. The truck is a Chevy and usually out there every Sunday. May have more pictures of it in the staging area or you can come out Sunday and see it in person.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #29
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

1-27-13 Ride

First ride in a long time above freezing. Started out just a bit overcast but that burned off and it turned out to be a great day for trials riding.

So far so good.......

Whoops.......

Forgot which finger for the ADV salute in the post fall confusion.

Still had a great day of riding. If not for this I would be having serious riding withdrawal and looking for someplace to spend the winter where it does not get so cold. Trials riding has saved my sanity.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #30
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Join the fun.

Saw this on CL. http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/3592901947.html
Just like mine and Handy's. Great bikes for trials riding.

2000 Beta Rev 3 270cc Trials Bike, 2 stroke, new top end with less than 15 hrs on it. One fork seal is leaking a little, that's the only thing wrong. Starts easy, runs great. I just don't ever ride it. Would consider a trade for a 2009 or newer KTM or Husaburg 4 stoke that could be used for duel sport, I'd pony up cash for the difference. $2200 OBO