Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #31
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,018
Before you get your panties in twist about dirt bikes in that video ruining mountain bike trails, you should have a bit more evidence than your opinion that they look like mountain bike trails.

You just joined this site and half your posts have been blatant hijacks pushing your obvious agenda. If you want to fight the good fight for mountain bike trials, start your own thread. No sense in crapping all over this one.
gravityisnotmyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
From A Riders View
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
^^
The single track they're on during the middle section looks similar to mountain bike trails in my area. The log ride, the jumps and berms are all the same size etc...but if people stopped jumping on this "arguement" for the wrong reasons you'd realize I clearly said "If I'm wrong though, I'm sorry, it is an awesome video...and they could be multi use trails too, who knows!"

Then somebody said "Theres no mountain bike trails there just good old single track through the Australian bush"

I was wrong about the trails in the video and even said so on the next page, now "RideFreak" and others are jumping on me like I went to their house and kicked over all their bikes. They're not even arguing about the video anymore, so much as the idea behind it, and that's stupid. I've said multiple times I'm referring to the riders in my area, they aren't YOU, they aren't your friends most likely, they're a ton of idiots riding around like they own the trails that we built and destroying them. They've already ruined a riding area that mountain bikers got permission to use and built 30+ miles over awesome trails in. We now have had most of it destroyed because of the dirt bike riders. I'm not saying every dirt rider is bad and does this, and I'm not saying that all MTB trails are built by MTB riders, because that's not true, you need to actually read the posts and what I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Why don't you give it up, you have 10 posts on here, most of which you're trying to defend a statement that many of us find offensive due to your lack of tact and ignorance of area in question. But that's not enough, you follow it up with, and I quote "most motorbike riders are idiots" or this one "...but all the dirtbikers are really disrespectful" I think it's pretty clear how you feel about our sport, go away.

I apoligize to the rest of you for even responding to his garbage.
What are you, fox news? Both of those quotes were taken CLEARLY out of context lol. I was talking about my local dirtbike riders, are you local to me? Didn't think so, as I live in New England.

Because I don't have many posts on here, that makes my opinion less valuable than yours? Like I said before, this has turned out to be a SUPER welcoming community (if you can't see the sarcasm, it's right there). Both of the statements you quote me making are true in my area. I also told you about the riders I've met out west in Moab, Utah and how they were all respectful and a good time to hang around with.

From A Riders View screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 02:56 PM
From A Riders View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #33
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,380
Why don't you give it up, you have 10 posts on here, most of which you're trying to defend a statement that many of us find offensive due to your lack of tact and ignorance of area in question. But that's not enough, you follow it up with, and I quote "most motorbike riders are idiots" or this one "...but all the dirtbikers are really disrespectful" I think it's pretty clear how you feel about our sport, go away.

RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #34
Rock Junkee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post

What he said sums it up, so if your a moutain biker and dont like this
Wife rides KTM 05 200 XC-W
2008 Honda Xr 650L
Rock Junkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #35
81forest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
This has become amusing.
As someone who avidly rides a MTB and a dirt bike, I often feel like we all need to sit down and sing Kumbaya. For crissakes, we all just want to get dirty, amiright??
Trail closures here in the PNW are a tragedy for OHVs, and the one area that is near me (Tahuya) is open to hikers, horses, rock crawlin' rigs, pedal bikes and motorbikes. Different users enjoy different sections of the area. There has never been any real conflict that I know of. That being said, the mountain bike community is better organized, has bigger numbers, and generally "plays nicer" with government entities that control land use. So, local MTB groups have gotten some great new riding areas to enjoy, while dirt bikers have been losing trails for years. It sucks, but the truth is, it is our own fault. Dirt bikers are rebellious, solitary creatures who want to ride and be left alone, and we didn't figure out until recently that we need to actually get involved in the planning stages of local land use issues. Cyclists figured that out, and they now have city park land devoted to their sport.

To FARV, who has flamed up this thread with generalizations about off-road motorcyclists, you're not making any friends on this site. Too bad, because this is the best site there is, and you're going to need the help of these FFs if you actually buy that motorcycle.
81forest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #36
Rock Junkee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Like i said i have been as courteous as possible just short of singing Koom Bya , its to the point where i just dont care any more.. i have slowed down, i have stoped, i have waived, i have tried to be as respectable as possible.
But i cant tell you how bad it gets under my skin when i am trying very hard to be as courteous as possible, and they pedal by with there nose held high and looking in the other direction so they dont have to make eye contact...
This has happend time and time again to me all over Colorado and im to the point where i dont give a shit any more
i have been more than nice, and im sick of it, so now they can eat mud and cow shit that will be slinging of my tires when im racing by giving them a dust bath and if they want to get rude about they will walk away like this No more Mr. Nice Guy, i just dont care any more...
Wife rides KTM 05 200 XC-W
2008 Honda Xr 650L

Rock Junkee screwed with this post 02-01-2013 at 08:20 AM
Rock Junkee is offline   Reply With Quote