Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #46
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorT View Post
Very much spot on, and correct in every detail, despite "Damned Human Egos Rampant on the Idiotnet!"
Correct in every detail? Just like Snowbum?

A friend pointed out to me that BMW calls their specs valve specs in factory manuals. Awesome! My whole point all along was that most cam manufacturers of cams for OHV engines call valve specs valve specs and cam specs cam specs. It turns out even BMW does in SOME places. Confusing to say the least.

Now just for people that really want to discus cams and not show up just to try to throw me under the bus. (I suspect you have noticed how Dr.t usually offers no technical basis for his opinions about me? That's because they are about me and not the subject at hand. He knows he usually gets schooled sticking on topic but some of us are here for this and some of us are here for that. Sad state of affairs IMO. ) Now back to the subject. The check LIFT point is not check clearance. Most of MH's description of that spec is ass backwards. Calling it 'check clearance' certainly is. I wouldn't be surprised if BMW calls it check clearance somewhere but doesn't change the fact you don't time cams with 2mm of clearance. I know they do explain the procedure clear enough to me in SOME places to know that the 2mm is a lift check point with zero clearance on the rocker arm which is a whole other source for wishy washy readings versus cam specs but that has to do with timing cams and not how arrogant I am for trying to get past some cam timing basics that is seems a lot of contributors do not understand.

It is looking like BMW's cam specs are indeed valve specs. They even call them valve specs in some places. (I could have looked myself but I stopped at the bulletin since I am not actually timing one right now.) I have acknowledged that distinct possibility throughout our discussion. Since BMW calls them cam specs some of the time, I was hoping they were. As far as I understand it, the smart money times with cam specs for good reasons. Well, we are moving forward IMO. Now I know that the BMW's specs are indeed valve specs and some people stopped joking about lift check points like I was pulling them out of my ass. Progress! Too bad we spend so much time just getting by the most basic of concepts.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #47
DoktorT
BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer: 1,146
Amazing. I comment on how very good someone else's offering is without even mentioning charlatans by any name, and SS is personally insulted and goes on a rant. I guess he recognized himself. ROTFLMAO in spades.

DoktorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #48
chasbmw OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,944
Well if the cap fits....
1971 Commando Fastback
chasbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #49
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorT View Post
Amazing. I comment on how very good someone else's offering is without even mentioning charlatans by any name, and SS is personally insulted and goes on a rant. I guess he recognized himself. ROTFLMAO in spades.

Do you really think no one can see right through your camo there doc? You really do need to be a bit more clever than that! And here you are yet again up to what you are always up to. Of course, I knew you would respond exactly as you did. I am sure a lot of us did. As usual, nothing to add on topic. Just your typical baiting for some more typical comments out of the same bunch that always bites your hooks. From what I hear, I am not the only one getting tired of it. Personally, I wouldn't be here at all except for stopping your swift boating.

You might notice that all of my previous comment was on topic other than that three short sentence aside (I mean my rant! LOL). Are you ever going to move on? Save the name calling and personal BS for when we see each other in person. Your just blowing hot air otherwise.

supershaft screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 08:24 PM
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #50
DoktorT
BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer: 1,146
I'm laughing so hard.. I can't find thekeyboard.
DoktorT is offline   Reply With Quote