User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
f650man OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Looking for information on shipping a motorcycle from Panama to the US

Anybody have any experience shipping their bike from Panama to the US. Say, Tampa or Miami? Girag doesn't go to the U.S, but they say UPS, DHL, and FEDEX do. Has anybody done this before and can they provide some info on this?

Thanks.

Bob
f650man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Parcero
Mundial

Oddometer: 522
I have some information on shippers, but it depends on where you want the bike shipped to. Let me know what port city you prefer and I can PM you with some information. I thought Girag went to Miami?

Light Dual Sport Fun in Michigan

R1200GS / KLR650 / XR400 / XR250 / 1950 Panhead
Parcero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Centurion Cargo fly from Panama to Miami, the cheapest way to do it. Contact any agent in Panama and ask them about Centurion.

Samericaxplorer

US SHIPPING Now open: JUNE-JULY 2014 Share Container CHILE to MIAMI or HOUSTON
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582 www.samericaxplorer.net
GastonUSAChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
jd_303
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hey, same situation, looking to get the motorcycle shipped back to LA from anywhere in Panama mid to late March, cheapest option.

Any suggestions?

Or anyone interested in picking up a great KLR (or 2) mid march around Panama...
jd_303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer: 1,074
I just received a job offer to go back to Antarctica which completes my plan of shipping my motorcycle down to Chile and then riding South America. Unfortunately my departure will be rapid and with the training I have to do I will have very little free time.

Does anybody have experience is good or bad with shippers from Colorado or the Mountain West going to South America? Ideally I could ship directly to Punta Arenas but it may have to go to Santiago, which is very far but workable.

I've been trying to hit up multiple motorcycle shops for crates. No luck there; they ship them all back to the manufacturers. I guess I will have to build one, or pay somebody to build a crate for me since I will be out of the country. My contract will be over in late October, and I would return to Punta Arenas,Chile, to begin the ride.

Ideas?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile View Post
Centurion Cargo fly from Panama to Miami, the cheapest way to do it. Contact any agent in Panama and ask them about Centurion.

Samericaxplorer
Gaston does this work the other way? can I ship Centurion through Miami down to Chile?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
jd_303
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Turned out selling in Panama was easy. Local guy just had to pay about $700 to import and lawyer and notary fees. Pretty simple stuff. Was a bomb more to ship anywhere and the sale price was the same as purchase price i nthe US so was pleased to do 10,000 miles and 5 months on that bike.
jd_303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
z28gh
El Canadiense

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_303 View Post
Turned out selling in Panama was easy. Local guy just had to pay about $700 to import and lawyer and notary fees. Pretty simple stuff. Was a bomb more to ship anywhere and the sale price was the same as purchase price i nthe US so was pleased to do 10,000 miles and 5 months on that bike.
I had driven a 93 FJ1200 down there and legalized it for $480. Paid $1,600 for the bike in like new condition in Canada and sold it there after putting 50,000kms on it for $3,200. Well worth legalizing it. Used the money to buy a 2001 VMax which is here in Mexico City and will soon be heading down to Panama again.
z28gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #9
oneway
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
SC Line ferries now link Florida to Mexico and Central America
JOC › Port News › US Ports › Port of Jacksonville
Ro-Ro Carrier SC Line Adds Jaxport to Rotation
JOC Staff | Oct 19, 2012 3:19PM EDT
print
SC Line Ro-Ro Ship
Panama-based vehicle, truck and heavy equipment transport company SC Line is now calling on the Jacksonville Port Authority’s Talleyrand Marine Terminal as part of its USATRUCK roll-on, roll-off biweekly service, connecting the Florida port with Colombia, Panama and Venezuela.
SC Line, which recently acquired General MTotors as an account, is partnering with Seaonus Stevedoring and shipping company Export Freight & Brokers at the terminal.
The company’s hub in Cartagena, Colombia links the East Coast USATRUCK route with the Gulf’s MEXTRUCK route, servicing Houston, Altamira, Veracruz, Cartagena and Santa Marta, a 500,000 square-foot free trade zone.
oneway is offline   Reply With Quote