User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Steve G. OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,563
Bike Rental Munich

Wondering if anyone has any good experiences with any rental shops. I've delt with Martin BMW in Bad Tolz, and hour south of Munich, good people, but it seems the time I'm going coincides with a major group tour they are renting out for. And it would be nice to have a shop closer to beer,,,I mean Munich.

Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
Wondering if anyone has any good experiences with any rental shops. I've delt with Martin BMW in Bad Tolz, and hour south of Munich, good people, but it seems the time I'm going coincides with a major group tour they are renting out for. And it would be nice to have a shop closer to beer,,,I mean Munich.

Steve
Not THAT far away, http://www.knopftours.com/Web-Site/Welcome.html , and a cool dude to deal with, reasonable rates.
Fly into Frankenfurter and your there. Noice ride to Munich via the Black Forest etc etc.
Ahh Munchen. Can't wait till June, when I drop in on the way to Mugello......
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
rdwalker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,526
Moto Greek

I had a very good experience with MotoGreek in Munich. ( <- clicky das linky).

Three of us rented bikes from them - we selected a quite eclectic fleet (a GS, an RT and a GT); the bikes were well prepared and well maintained. We did a loop in the southern Alps: everything worked out well and we had a very enjoyable vacation.

The owner went out of his way to assist us while we were waiting for misplaced travel luggage. He speaks English and is used to make arrangements with guests from overseas. Make sure to reserve early, because his bikes get quickly booked in high season: Munich is the gateway for Alpine touring.

It's hard to not like a place that, as the first order of business, sends a runner to a cafe next door to provide you with a fresh cup of cappuccino!
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote